Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: October 04, 2017 12:01AM

Headline : " US joins Saudi Arabia to vote against UN resolution opposing death penalty for 'same-sex relations' "

====================================================

Truly deplorable !

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: spiritist ( )
Date: October 04, 2017 12:20AM

Funny how 'facts' get in the way of your 'shortsighted, unsupported' whining!!!! Deplorable ----- really?????

Responding to such criticisms, U.S. State Department spokesperson Heather Nauert said during a 3 October press briefing that the much of the reporting on the United States’ position on the resolution had been misleading, and that despite appearances the U.S. “unequivocally condemns” the application of the death penalty to homosexuality, adultery, and religious offenses:

As our representative to the Human Rights Council said last Friday, the United States is disappointed to have voted against that resolution. We voted against that resolution because of broader concerns with the resolution’s approach in condemning the death penalty in 'all' circumstances, and it called for the abolition of the death penalty altogether.

As, usual 'some people' disregard 'facts' as to why someone actually did something! Is that why no 'article' is provided --- to hide the facts!

Good try!

http://www.snopes.com/2017/10/03/united-nations-ban-death-penalty/

Posted by: luckylucas ( )
Date: October 04, 2017 01:02AM

It's the first time that I agree 100% with Dave the Atheist.
I just can't understand how a person who was born in a free country can vote that way.
Even latin americans vote for it (except from Cuba, who abstained) and Latin America is not the most gay friendly place on earth.

Posted by: bona dea ( )
Date: October 04, 2017 01:06AM

First for me too. I hate Trump's America

Posted by: DD5 ( )
Date: October 04, 2017 06:13PM

What is deplorable is your intellectual dishonesty. The objection to that particular resolution had nothing to do with LGBTQ+ people and the death penalty.

Posted by: Kentish ( )
Date: October 04, 2017 07:19PM

Just my view but being for the death penalty is also deplorable and firmly places the US in a group alongside countries like China, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia and other socially backward countries.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.