Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: memikeyounot ( )
Date: October 07, 2017 12:35PM

I've mentioned here more than once that I work part-time at a hotel parking garage, within walking distance of Temple Square (and other places, too).

Each week, we get a list of what programs and groups will be in the hotel and if we have to charge for parking or if it's comped.

Starting Sunday 10/8, LDS Mission Presidents are scheduled for breakfast at 6:30AM to be done by 10:30 I think. 75 of them, with free parking.

I've seen lots of mission couples staying at the hotel, but never this many just to eat. Don't know if any are staying at the hotel but I work nights so probably won't see many of them.

It kind of surprises me that TSCC doesn't have a place to feed that many people.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Visitors Welcome ( )
Date: October 07, 2017 12:53PM

memikeyounot Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> It kind of surprises me that TSCC doesn't have a
> place to feed that many people.

I'm sure they do, so perhaps there is a sense of occasion to it, and they want someplace else? Is it an ordinary breakfast or a festive one, in the grandest dining room?

Date: October 07, 2017 01:42PM

I'm not sure, I know there's several convention rooms but I've not seen them, I work for the parking company and usually only go in the hotel to use the restroom and drop off end of night money bag etc.

I've had dinner at the restaurant in the lobby but the breakfasts won't be there.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: October 07, 2017 02:16PM

Hey, it's Sunday! Can't have faithful saints taken away from their Sunday duties, so it has to fall on the gentiles to defile the sabbath.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: October 07, 2017 03:17PM

They've tried hosting it at various Marriotts but it didn't turn out too well. A bunch of mission presidents became disoriented when they walked into the lobby. A bunch of them began asking what was wanted with their hands extended. <grin>

Date: October 10, 2017 08:40PM

**Update** turns out the group having breakfast all week is LDS Temple presidents. I'm guessing there's fewer of them than there are mission presidents.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: October 10, 2017 08:46PM

Uh oh!

Who's going to be there to redirect all temple related questions back to stake presidents/ bishops? That's what happened to me when I asked questions about the ceremony. Then my SP redirected them back to the TP. "Messy! We can't discuss temple questions outside of the temple. You have to ask that when you're at the temple." Circle-reasoning forever.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2017 08:46PM by messygoop.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.