Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: psychic ( )
Date: October 14, 2017 09:43PM

On my mission, my former girlfriend (whom I never had sex with...in any way) called me and said that a Mormon she was dating "raped" her. The Mormon in question, was the son of the Stake President. After I got home I saw a girl who had joined the Church the same time I did, and had gone to the same Young Adult Ward. It was in a K-Mart. She said: "So and so raped me" just out of the blue. I asked her "How are you doing?" I never dated her. This girl did NOT know my ex-girlfriend, who had kids and attended a family Ward miles away. They didn't know each other, but both, independently, told me that the Son of the Stake President had RAPED them.

Years earlier, not long after I joined the Church, I was at a Young Adult dance at the Meetinghouse. I went out the side door on my war back to my car. Parked on the side of the Meetinghouse, was a car. In the back seat, I could see a guy having sex (full naked vagical sex) with a girl. I recognized the kid, who was then 18 at most. It was the son of the Stake President.

On my mission I called the new Bishop of the Young Adult Ward, where the Stake President's son attended. I said: "My ex girlfriend called me and told me that the Stake President's son raped her. What are you going to do?" He said: "We are aware of his problems, and WE'RE WORKING WITH HIM!"

I said: "Are you going to excommunicate him" The Bishop said:"No, if I ex him, he won't want to come to Church again."

Six months later I was back home, and I went to the YA Ward, and there, giving his Mission Farewell Address, was the son of the stake President, the one who raped my ex-gf and the other girl. I never saw the other girl again. she went inactive. The Bishop and Stake President decided the BEST THING was to send his son on a mission. He went to Japan. I walked out of his Mission Farewell.

I've had two Mormon male roommates who were sexual predators. Both were OVERWHELMINGLY successful in getting sex from young, active, attractive Mormon women and girls. The two male roommates were attractive successful men. Both later married attractive active Mormon women significantly younger than themselves.

One of the roommates later turned out to be a pedophile, after having sex with an 11 year old girl. His first wife, a Miss Utah runner up, had divorced him for multiple adulteries years before. The single Mormon women at the Young Adult Ward we attended, LOVED him, and would slip pieces of paper with their telephone numbers into his pockets every Sunday.

Travis Alexander, was a known Womanizer. He was murdered by Jodi Arias, after she finally figured out that she didn't mean anything to him but was to him "a three hole wonder" as he put it. Travis had sex, of all sorts, with a female Returned Missionary (she had gone to Costa Rica) for one year. At the end of that time, he said: "I don't want to marry you, sorry". So, she went to their bishop (both of them attended a Young Adult Ward in Mesa, Arizona) and told him everything. What did the Bishop do? He "pulled" their Temple Recommends. That is all. Not even probation for either of them.

If you have any true stories, please share them here in this thread.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: sick to my stomach ( )
Date: October 14, 2017 10:34PM

Multiple fornication sessions do not merit an extrajudicial death penalty here in the US. Travis A. was never accused of raping anyone.

Mixing his murder story in with that of rapists is victim-blaming bs. That's not a very good way to gain credibility. Arias was a nut-job killer, not "raped" by her victim, but rather, failed in her attempts to control him. Many a male has been murdered by spurned females, mo or not. You would have done better to compare the rapist in your story to Arias, rather than her victim. Both were crimes of control and violence.

I was right there with you until you pulled that crap. It made me sick.

Posted by: SL Cabbie ( )
Date: October 15, 2017 10:39AM

Thank you for demonstrating the thought processes of LDS Bishops who enable sexual predators (many, doubtless most do not, but the problem is epidemic).

A pity you don't have the guts to post under a regular moniker.

SLC
Who has enough professional experience and credentials
To conclude no anonymous sort could possibly know Arias's "true nature."
But I do recognize misogyny when I see it.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: October 14, 2017 10:36PM

Bishops are the predators

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: October 14, 2017 10:43PM

As in most if not all, things, it depends on the hierarchical status of the Vics & the perp.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/14/2017 10:44PM by GNPE.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: October 14, 2017 10:55PM

From what little I've read of lawsuits filed against the church regarding sexual predation, there is one constant: save the church's reputation.

They seemingly never have much in the way of concern for the "alleged" victims when the claims are first made. Apparently when the intent of the plaintiff(s) has been measured as sufficiently strong, and the edifice of facts is sturdy, then out comes the money and the NDAs.

I believe that in the past, bishops and SPs tried to handle the matters themselves, and who knows, maybe they succeeded. But the church wised up and now I believe that there is a 24 hour a day phone number bishops and SP are supposed to call at the first hint of potential for naming the church as a defendant.

It's still about protecting the men and the church. Ghawd has remained constant in the last 187 years in that regard.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: October 15, 2017 09:38AM

OP: Why is the word (raped) in quotes?

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: October 15, 2017 12:53PM

At first I thought the word "rape" was in quotes is that a young TBM woman might not actually know what rape is, and maybe the guy had just groped the girls.

As I read further in to the story, it seems as though the guy *did* rape them by probably using charm to talk the girls in to sex. Certainly not a mormons-only thing: I had a charming and extremely good-looking roommate who was a total cad, but he was *still* able to get in to girls' pants even when they were warned. Another cad I knew I worked with was not that good-looking (he actually looked like Joseph Smith) and he was bedding women all over behind his wife's back.

What surprised me is that the POLICE were never called. That's the crime. We read about on RfM once in a while; the "priesthood" and all that. And that's why think the guy got away with it, because he didn't forcibly rape them, he charmed them, and in a time & place not too long along, that would be looked at as consensual. And he was "connected."

Date: October 15, 2017 01:57PM

I've had Mormon women, divorced, at single's dances tell me "My husband raped me on our first date". I asked, "Why did you marry your rapist?' They would reply: "That's would good Mormon girls are supposed to do".

I do think, in many cases, Mormon women are "pressured" into sex. They didn't think they'd have sex that night, but the guy "pressured" them and they AGREED. They will call it "rape" because they don't have another word for it. But, legally, it is not rape.

And, yes, then you have women who are enthusiastic about giving the guy sex. Then the guy does not call them back. What do you call that? That should have a name too, but women call it "rape" as well.

Our vocabulary in English is too limited. Yes, I've known "Womanizer" Mormon men that had sex with all sorts of active Mormon women and girls all the time. They were always very successful.

Chicken N. Backpacks Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> At first I thought the word "rape" was in quotes
> is that a young TBM woman might not actually know
> what rape is, and maybe the guy had just groped
> the girls.
>
> As I read further in to the story, it seems as
> though the guy *did* rape them by probably using
> charm to talk the girls in to sex. Certainly not
> a mormons-only thing: I had a charming and
> extremely good-looking roommate who was a total
> cad, but he was *still* able to get in to girls'
> pants even when they were warned. Another cad I
> knew I worked with was not that good-looking (he
> actually looked like Joseph Smith) and he was
> bedding women all over behind his wife's back.
>
> What surprised me is that the POLICE were never
> called. That's the crime. We read about on RfM
> once in a while; the "priesthood" and all that.
> And that's why think the guy got away with it,
> because he didn't forcibly rape them, he charmed
> them, and in a time & place not too long along,
> that would be looked at as consensual. And he was
> "connected."

Date: October 15, 2017 01:53PM

for emphasis

GNPE Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> OP: Why is the word (raped) in quotes?

Posted by: Mother Who Knows ( )
Date: October 15, 2017 02:11PM

If predators hold the priesthood and pay good tithing, their crimes are overlooked, denied, excused, and even condoned. The Mormon cult enables predatory and abusive behavior, and provides a secretive venue with plenty of fresh victims.

To be fair, this can be said of other cults and religious groups.

Posted by: Humberto ( )
Date: October 15, 2017 02:46PM

I knew a guy who would adopt kids for his personal purposes. His wife was OK with it because it kept him away from "her" kids.

On the surface, it might look like they were just a generous, child friendly family. But, if you got to know them, something was clearly not right.

The old man was an overt racist and xenophobe, but adopted kids from Mexico. The entire family referred to them as the "wetbacks". They were made to sleep in the garage.

All the while, they were lauded in the ward for their musical talents. The old man directed the choir, and his wife played the organ.

He got away with it, until one of the boys, long since grown to adulthood, reported him to the police. But at this point the old pervert was dying of cancer. I don't think he ever went to jail, and I have no idea if the church took any measures at all, but I hope they at least did something.

Posted by: Ih8posting ( )
Date: October 15, 2017 06:17PM

Before the scandals in the mid 90s, It was insisted upon that any untoward behaviors by any church member be reported to the bishop unless it was a life-threatening emergency. When it happened to me, we told our bishop who sent us to our stake president who called someone higher up the food chain than himself and then later informed us that we were not to speak of it again and that the leadership in SLC would handle it. My mother received a letter of rebuke for involving the church in my situation, having any expectation that the church, as a religious organization, has any ability to administer justice, and certainly bears no liability for the behavior of any "volunteer" members of clergy, staff or church member.
That was what the church said back then.
On a side note: regret is not rape and saying that it is because you refused to assert your will is an incredibly hurtful thing to say to someone who actually was raped against their will. Even under tremendous pressure, you can still say no. If you have said no and they continue, now it's rape. Calling a failure to assert your will rape is an injustice to people like me who will suffer the scars, both mental and physical, forever.
There is a difference between being raped and being talked into sex.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.