Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Badassadam1 ( )
Date: October 20, 2017 05:27PM

And it looked pretty bad. I knew this was going to happen with all the cats walking across the street slowly in this town. I felt no emotion about it i need to get my heart back i think.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: October 20, 2017 05:33PM

Yet the GAs live. Kinda makes you wonder about God's priorities.

Date: October 20, 2017 08:26PM

Its totally f#cked. I always wondered how the GA's are always living large with their nice suits and then i am struggling everyday and suffering. God is a bastard.

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: October 22, 2017 05:25PM

If I were God, I'd rather have cats in heaven with me and leave the General Authorities where they are as long as possible. Out of sight, out of mind as it were.

Of course, that doesn't work if you believe in a literal hell. Because I can't imagine General Authorities not having a fast pass to there - if it existed.

Posted by: commongentile ( )
Date: October 20, 2017 06:39PM

That cat could have been a child's dearly loved pet.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: October 20, 2017 08:38PM

I always feel bad when I see an animal which has been run over by a car. It doesn't matter whether it's a wild animal or a pet. I figure that the poor thing was simply trying to find food or just enjoying its life.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: October 20, 2017 09:14PM

There's no way to know anything about the cat. So don't let it ruin your frame of mind.

It's silly to think it isn't noble to be dragged into depression. Whoever ran over the poor cat is responsible. None of us did that.

Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: October 21, 2017 02:23AM

Try to find out the cat's name so you can get its saving ordinances done. It's more common than you might think. Ever try to baptize a living cat?

Date: October 21, 2017 03:41AM

Even cats deserve to get into the celestial kingdom d@mn it. Might be hard for a cat to learn the secret handshakes though.

Posted by: cutekitty ( )
Date: October 22, 2017 04:31PM

Herd 'em in, Adam. Wrangle in those cats. You go big guy.

Date: October 22, 2017 05:01PM

The man that is deathly allergic to cats will be their savior haha. Not sure how to go about this.

Date: October 22, 2017 06:11PM

Get a big, black trash bag and get it in the bag, without touching it of course. Turn the bag inside out with your hands, then after getting the bag over the cat, grab it, with the plastic btw u and the feline.Wrap it up. Put it in a dumpster somewhere. Respect the dead and helpless.

Egyptians thought cats were reincarnated gods. And they had a saying: "He who hates the cat, was in a previous life a rat."

Date: October 22, 2017 06:37PM

I might have been a rat. Cats definitely act like gods i can see how the egyptians saw that.

Date: October 22, 2017 06:40PM

I wonder what old dog and boners view of cats are.

Posted by: Hockeyrat ( )
Date: October 21, 2017 01:08PM

I haven't seen neighbourhood cats running loose since I was a kid. Back then, they were all over, as well as loose dogs.
Well, when we lived in England, we'd seen them, but they just stayed around their own homes.
I see occasional feral ones on the highways once in a while, you could tell that they were homeless

Posted by: CateS ( )
Date: October 21, 2017 01:35PM

30M feral cats living miserable lives in the United States. Virtually no one gives a rat's ass.

Date: October 21, 2017 01:39PM

Jesus, well i am definitely noticing the feral cat problem it has overflowed into this town.

Date: October 22, 2017 08:41AM

I was completely unaware of the feral cat situation until a friend (who works with a cat rescue group) told me about it. Apparently there are large, established feral colonies in my county -- one is not too far from my home. Rescue groups bring food to them and do trap and neuter. She told me that they have the vets put a notch in one ear to show which cats have been neutered.

She adopted one of her cats from a feral colony. A friend gave her a call and said, "This cat was domesticated and doesn't belong here."

Date: October 22, 2017 04:35PM

Feral cats are good for the rodent population. Cats love to rustle up a hot breakfast.

Date: October 22, 2017 05:04PM

There definitely is a rodent problem here as well so i am told but i haven't seen any mice maybe all the cats are doing their job really well.

Date: October 22, 2017 06:12PM

That's the order of operations.....

Date: October 21, 2017 01:36PM

It might be an epidemic in this small town i am just going to throw that out there based on what i have seen.

Posted by: Agnes Broomhead ( )
Date: October 21, 2017 04:29PM

Do cats have 9 pre-existences?

Posted by: Aquarius123 ( )
Date: October 21, 2017 06:12PM

I can't stand to see anything suffer, so I keep food nd water on my patio for strays. I have seen the same 2 adult cats eat and 3 kittens. Oh, and lest we forget, a huge possum eats the kibble also! LOL Well, somebody's gotta love em!

Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: October 21, 2017 08:50PM

Aquarius123 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I can't stand to see anything suffer, so I keep
> food nd water on my patio for strays. I have seen
> the same 2 adult cats eat and 3 kittens. Oh, and
> lest we forget, a huge possum eats the kibble
> also! LOL Well, somebody's gotta love em!

Another person here who has a cat bowl full of fresh water out at all times for anyone who wants or needs it...and sometimes it is amazing how fast that bowl goes dry.

Yay for Aquarius123!...and for the felines and possums who think she is the most wonderful human being on the planet!!

Posted by: Wickedwitchofthewest ( )
Date: October 21, 2017 09:31PM

I have seen thousands of cats with their intestines strewn across the asphalt, along with tens of thousands of other stinking critters, degutted with blood running free. So what. Things die, people kill.

Date: October 22, 2017 02:19AM

People do kill you got that right.

Posted by: CateS ( )
Date: October 22, 2017 08:35AM

Where do you live? Sheesh.

Date: October 22, 2017 08:43AM

I throw fruit (mainly apples) and some vegetables that are slightly past their prime out into my back woods. I've noticed that the apples can be *gone* in as little as ten minutes!

Date: October 22, 2017 05:09PM

Well maybe you could leave some dollar bills outside for the stray badasses roaming around haha i am only half serious haha. Don't want to see us suffer either.

Posted by: Aquarius123 ( )
Date: October 22, 2017 05:37AM

(((Tevai))))

Posted by: woof ( )
Date: October 22, 2017 10:39AM

https://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2007/06/070628-cat-ancestor.html

It's in their blood to be wild, and humans are lucky that some cats were or became less afraid of humans.

It amazes me that some humans believe that creatures would be lost without us. They would be much, much better off without us. Of those with which we interfere, they become too populous and dependent on a species (humans) that has become overwhelmed by the dependent species' fast reproduction. We "love" them to death.

I would offer that if we spay and release, we risk spaying the strongest survivors, further weakening the species, as if we "know" what we're doing, and can predict the outcome. If you really care about cats, think very long term, not just easing your own pain of seeing weaker cats suffer. If you can take a weak or sbandoned cat in and give it a decent life, meddle away. If you intend on "controlling" (helping???) the species by further weakening the wild population, re-think that.

Cats are a part of the ecosystem. Humans don't "own" them. Not "every" cat is or should be "domesticated." We've damn near killed off the big cats. We might want to leave some of the smaller ones alone. Did smaller cats come to N. America when humans did?

I've loved cats, and love my spayed, rescued dogs, whose origins are much more complicated, due to human interference.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/01/19/science/the-big-search-to-find-out-where-dogs-come-from.html

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: October 22, 2017 05:22PM

out into the fully enclosed, screened patio, which they especially enjoy in the summer, when we are out there with them.

They are spayed and live a life of luxury. They have never had ticks or fleas, so they never had to endure toxic collars. We cater to their picky little palates.

They come when called by name (or sometimes, just respond vocally, like a kid who doesn't want to stop playing.)

Our evenings are so complete when we are settled into our favorite spots. Sometimes, I have my feet up on a reclining sofa. In winter, I spread a light folded blanket over my lap, and within moments I find one tortie in my lap, and the other sprawled over my shins.

Or one cat will be on my lap and the other nestled between DH's feet, on the footstool.

Life with cats is good (unless, alas poor Adam, you are allergic to them.)

Posted by: Elder What's-his-face ( )
Date: October 22, 2017 06:22PM

Date: October 22, 2017 06:41PM

Good lord there is a book for everything it seems.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: October 22, 2017 07:24PM

when I see dead cats or deer or something, is that they are in a better place. I know, I know. Everyone will pounce on me. I just find so much of this world to be shitty and I wonder who would come up with these ideas of what a good world would be. I'm not impressed. I have such a difficult time seeing the commercials asking me to donate money to them for abused pets, etc. I donate to the local one where I got my dogs. I was NEVER going to get another dog last time and I did and he lived only 3-1/2 more years, but I gave him a good life. He was dying when I found him. And then AGAIN, I said NEVER EVER AGAIN. It hurts too much to lose them. And when my boyfriend found these dogs that had been left at the side of the road and the sheriff picked them up--I knew I had to rescue them as nobody had for a year.

It is just more than I can take to see a dead animal on the road. And seeing posts on fb about lost dogs. I've started to pick up dogs who are wandering to make sure they don't get hit by a car. I've had some happy owners who were looking for their lost dogs.

Posted by: jstone ( )
Date: October 22, 2017 07:58PM

I hit and killed a cat once as I was driving. I stopped and reversed on it to make sure it was dead. I actualy think they are quite delicate and like mice die easily.

Date: October 23, 2017 12:17PM

I never hit a cat but i have hit a bird and a squirrel, i tried my hardest not to hit that squirrel too, i was like f#ck.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.