Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: numbersRus ( )
Date: October 23, 2017 11:24AM

First they are getting out of Boy Scouts of America for boys aged 14 and above (forget about Eagle Scout, now), now their flagship PBS station, KBYU, is getting out of PBS to simulcast BYUtv content. Wonder if this is a rift with PBS, that tends to be more liberal slanted, or just a cost cutting move. Also cost cutting happening in Latin America as they shutter BYUtv International there

We don’t have enough resources to really make a dent in Latin America,” Dunn said. “So my hope is that we sort of retrench a little bit there.”

Of course they say these are not cost-cutting measures, cough.

http://www.sltrib.com/news/2017/10/23/kbyu-tv-will-no-longer-be-a-pbs-station-in-2018-and-kbyu-fm-will-abandon-classical-music/

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: October 23, 2017 11:42AM

I listen to KBYU on streaming for the classical music. It amuses me that they feed NPR features and BBC news. Also that they do fund raising. I don't contribute to NPR because they take it from my taxes anyway, nor would I contribute to KBYU (if I were LDS) because they take it from my tithe.

Plenty of other classical stations to stream from.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.