Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Crazy horse ( )
Date: October 24, 2017 05:51PM

Ok I',e had it with missionaries! I told the sister that I looked up the history of this so called church and upset that Joe Smith had 40 wives!and they said no he did not! And we won't lie to you, then told them what I go thrust and get we are sorry you are confused and we are sorry you feel that way! And now Mormons on aura are saying we are the one true church! And we have the book of Mormon and I'm glad the missionaries aren't meeting you anymore,I am done with the lds church!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: October 24, 2017 05:53PM

They are brainwashed. it's like talking to the living dead.

Date: October 24, 2017 07:56PM

Thank you and I will and I troll Mormon
.org a lot and asked how are native American Jewish and the idiots on it said we don't know just read the book of Mormon! No I want nothing to do with that myth

Posted by: Badassadam1 ( )
Date: October 24, 2017 08:07PM

They do love that walking dead show for some reason... hmmm.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: October 24, 2017 05:56PM

The church's very own website supports your view. The sisters lied to you, or are just too stupid to know any better.

https://www.lds.org/topics/plural-marriage-in-kirtland-and-nauvoo?lang=eng

Second paragraph of a very long article with tons of bullcrap footnotes:

"After receiving a revelation commanding him to practice plural marriage, Joseph Smith married multiple wives and introduced the practice to close associates. This principle was among the most challenging aspects of the Restoration—for Joseph personally and for other Church members. Plural marriage tested faith and provoked controversy and opposition. Few Latter-day Saints initially welcomed the restoration of a biblical practice entirely foreign to their sensibilities. But many later testified of powerful spiritual experiences that helped them overcome their hesitation and gave them courage to accept this practice."

Date: October 24, 2017 08:03PM

Yep they lied to me,what idiots would not know their own history? Muslims know a lot more then missionaries do!

Date: October 24, 2017 05:59PM

The longer i go the more done i become with it all. They even knocked on my door when i was active, i thought they didn't do that sh#t. They can never leave you alone so you can heal and get your mind back to normal. Its a war of the mind and they want to own you and control you then take your money. I can't even relax and think that i am clear from it all.

Date: October 24, 2017 08:04PM

Nope they want your money and to say that Joe Smith is the true prophet and blah blah blah,

Posted by: unbelievable2 ( )
Date: October 24, 2017 06:00PM

JS never got a revelation about plural marriage. He was a sexual predator, like Harvey
Weinstein, etc. There is no cure for this pathology no matter how much therapy HW gets or the meds he takes to control his addiction.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: October 24, 2017 06:46PM

Well, don't hate me, but they're right...Joe didn't have 40 wives.

He had 1.

The rest were never legally his wives, he just convinced them they were so he could have sex with them.

Which is worse than having 40 wives, IMHO :)

Date: October 24, 2017 08:09PM

Learn something everyday.

Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: October 24, 2017 06:54PM

One wife. Several dozen 'spiritual' wives.

I think the sister missionaries probably don't even know the truth. Mormons are really big on burying their heads in the sand and not wanting to accept uncomfortable truths.

They assume that facts are all lies or twisted truths. I've even directed a Mormon friend to an uncomfortable truth that they could find on the Church's own website.

Their response was, "Do we really know who owns this website? Really, who owns it?" *eye roll*

Posted by: Lilac ( )
Date: October 24, 2017 07:07PM

A least this is a free country, Crazy Horse. You don't have to meet with missionaries at all, especially if they upset you. You are lucky not to be a member of that cult and you are lucky to not be forced to go to church. Don't let yourself get twisted and angry because the missionaries refuse to see facts. At least you aren't locked into their hell of remaining LDS.

Date: October 24, 2017 08:12PM

AGREED or even the hell you face when you try to leave.

Posted by: -5Free ( )
Date: October 24, 2017 10:46PM

regrettably, this is not a free country. Just like the mormons, it is a myth that has been drilled into us to believe.

Date: October 25, 2017 01:40AM

I have to agree with this. Freedom is definitely an illusion, everybody is at the mercy of something, laws, hunger, money, addiction, pain, television, people in authority. Those that have become more aware especially those that got out of mormonism know d@mn well we are not free and never were. We left one cage to get to a bigger cage and some call that freedom. But to be content i think is the goal. There is you and a bunch of other people bumping into each other everyday and we have to find contentment with it all.

Posted by: sunbeep ( )
Date: October 24, 2017 07:24PM

Think of it this way crazyhorse. You were walking past a dangerous swamp and two alligators tried their best to pull into the murky waters. You tried to reason with them, but they wouldn't hear the words you spoke. You broke free of them and they went looking for their next unsuspecting prey. Don't be angry with the alligators, they were just following a built-in instinct, what they were conditioned to do. Be happy you weren't devoured, and watch out for other alligators.

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: October 24, 2017 08:18PM

It's a vicious anti-mormon lie that he wanted to have sex with all those women and girls.....

.....he just wanted to get money out some of some of them...

Posted by: not logged in (nli) ( )
Date: October 24, 2017 09:54PM

Don't waste your time trolling Mormon.org. They're not your problem. You can't save them, or change them. Just let it go.

If they keep pestering you, tell them "fuck off." Now, if you're too polite to say something like that, then change it to "please fuck off."

Date: October 24, 2017 10:59PM

I just challenge them and they are idiots who just say have you heard the book of Mormon? Yes I have, I hope when these sisters leave that the next missionaries won't bother me, if they do i will say sorry I don't need any religion and one that lies to have a great day

Posted by: Oregon ( )
Date: October 24, 2017 10:34PM

"restoration of a biblical practice"
Sneaky bastards, this so-called biblical practice was NEVER commanded. It was NEVER approved by God.
Joseph Smith so-called restored a biblical practice only from men without the approval of God

Date: October 24, 2017 11:00PM

And he married two 14 year Olds!what is Joseph Smith doing! Copying Mohammed?

Posted by: nli ( )
Date: October 24, 2017 11:17PM

Oregon Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> "restoration of a biblical practice"
> Sneaky bastards, this so-called biblical practice
> was NEVER commanded. It was NEVER approved by
> God.

Really? Never approved by God?

Uh... why then did the prophet Nathan tell David 2 Sam 12:7-8:
"Thus saith the Lord God of Israel, I... gave thee thy master's house, and thy master's wives into thy bosom..."

Posted by: Joe the man ho & Brig the pig ( )
Date: October 25, 2017 02:48AM

Ive even had Mormons say to me "you know sometimes it just doesn't matter what the true history is you just need to read your scriptures and see how you "feel" about it ugh! REALLY so should we all just have a good feeling and then follow Warren Jeffs and Charles Manson then?! Cause that's kind of what its like to follow Joe the man ho & Brig the murdering pig but worse even ugh

Date: October 25, 2017 04:26AM

Finding out the true history is everything. If you were raised in the church before the internet you were totally lost and you just kept getting more lost and then you think there is no point to life because you got so lost with this fantasy history. Once you get some real facts that actually make more sense then you have some solid ground to walk on.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.