Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Levi ( )
Date: October 22, 2017 02:38AM

He just cannot figure out which end has his butthole.

A few years ago the mormon church had it's garments up its crack because they wanted to build a giant (and I mean, this thing was 9 stories) building on the MTC grounds in Provo citing the lowering of the age of the mishies as reason for the need for more space.

Am I insane to remember this?

They wanted, but ultimatly failed, to build this - i guess it was a call center - and the neighbors won so Monson had to settle for this newly dedicated addition:

https://www.lds.org/church/news/dedication-of-provo-mtc-marks-new-era-of-missionary-work-president-eyring-says?lang=eng

and if you go to the link at the top of that page, click on "church news" or somesuch, you'll see that lo and behold.....

https://www.lds.org/church/news/church-plans-to-decrease-missions-utilize-tech-savviness-to-locate-religious-minded-people?lang=eng

so which is it guys?

there are 15 of you, well, 14 now. 13.5 if you actually count Thomas Monson. If you're going to lie, at least get the story straight.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/22/2017 03:38AM by Levi.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: October 22, 2017 03:33AM

It's kind of fitting for the morg to be this stupid. They couldn't wait to build a new conference center because their tabernacle was overfilled and couldn't accommodate the jillions of TBM's just dying to see the blowhards in action. Now they've resorted to trick photography to hide all those empty seats. So this expanded MTC fits right in for a new set of prospective missionary questions that will likely discourage PH leaders from pushing missions on their troubled youth. Their new buildings will be empty so they can rent out office space.

Here's some other great ideas for them.

-Modernize their printing presses and print more church newspapers
-Crank out another million copies of "Together Forever" VHS tapes
-Be sure every membership clerk has a 5 year supply of Brother typewriter ink cartridges.
-Seminary could use more Tom Trails filmstrips.

Posted by: lilburne ( )
Date: October 23, 2017 08:08AM

Tell me more about the empty seats situation, how visible is it to TBM's that people aren't coming?

How much of an issue is this, how fast did it develop, is it a trend that is becoming more visible?

Sorry i've not seen conference in years so didn't know about this.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: October 23, 2017 11:00AM

Are you saying that Monson is 1/2 of a person and not 3/5 of a person ?

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: October 25, 2017 01:25AM

Good one Dave.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.