Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Honest TBM ( )
Date: October 28, 2017 10:29AM

In the 80s as the Church was launching this current generation of lightning speed growth as the fastest growing & super incredibly honest/transparent/true religion we saw the great LDS bishop and high priest Lavell Edwards establish a fearsome Quarterback Factory in Provo, Utah. They even won a National Championship in 1984 and our beloved Heavenly Father who created worlds without number was finally able to get some attention and respect for his true Church's football team on this tiny obscure planet of ours.

One of the glorious benefits of this incredible church growth is how it greatly increases the depth and quality of the recruiting pool for BYU football. Add on top the blessings of greater skills we shall surely see the most amazing football teams ever assembled in any league be what we have at BYU year after year with ever increasing depth and quality in the future. And the icing on the cake is how all these beloved priesthood holders with the gifts of the Holy Ghost have such an incredible opportunity to vanquish their foes for alma mater sons and daughters.

How painful it must be for those evil anti Mormons to watch BYU football be so incredibly awesome and successful beyond your wildest imaginations. As the very best teams in the country get trounced by the mighty Cougars in margins of many touchdowns week after week then all on the losing side of this topic should tremble in fear and wake up to the realities of this wondrous glorious victorious gospel.

Today this glorious fearsome BYU team shall be performing their duty in presumably greatly humbling the San Jose State football team :) of this there can be no Doubt because if I doubt then I am disobeying the mighty Uchtdorf who counsels us to doubt our Doubts. So no doubting, just believing, and gooooo Cougars :)

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Son of Detmer ( )
Date: October 28, 2017 11:23AM

I remember back in those 80s glory years, there was murmuring about the unfair advantage that BYU football had, in that it was playing returned missionaries (older, bigger, stronger) against traditional age players. Looks like that wasn't the reason for their success at all, as is now plain to see. Simply, Lavell was a great coach, that is why they were good.

There was a time when a San Jose St game on the schedule would have been an assumed blowout victory lol

Posted by: Honest TBM ( )
Date: October 29, 2017 08:07AM

Thanks to this greatest miracle in church history we should soon seen this message board emptied out as people return to the fold and in their first Bishop interview they say: "Bishop, that miracle victory over the Sharks has brought me here". And then the Bishop will have the opportunity to very quickly demonstrate how the Church is just about the most honest and transparent organization ever on its doctrines, finances, statistics, and all other history. Otherwise you might have some Doubts and think its a Fraud, not a true chutch, and then you will be back here to recover.

Posted by: numbersRus ( )
Date: October 28, 2017 01:41PM

I remember those days as well, and how their fans would tout the clean living and maturity of the RMs and how this proved their superior religion and way of life, ha!! I think the Nazi's tried that line of reasoning in the Olymipics once.

Now their sports RMs are being caught with marijuana, DUIs and accepting illegal benefits, and that's just in the past 2 weeks!

A sportswriter called the 2017 BYU Football a dumpster fire risking suit by the Dempster company for denegrating their trash bins by comparing them to this team.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.