Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: October 27, 2017 12:35PM

According to my TBM daughter, it is, at least in her experience...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Tom Padley ( )
Date: October 27, 2017 12:51PM

Huh? No offense, but is she living in a different universe? Oh, I just saw the TBM part of the post. No explanation necessary.

Posted by: schweizerkind ( )
Date: October 28, 2017 01:11PM

Posted by: slskipper ( )
Date: October 29, 2017 10:56AM

No. It is not waning. They are not getting all tolerant and flexible and open to alternate viewpoints. The GC talks given by those leaders are getting perhaps less doctrinaire. That's not the same thing.

They may be talking (in their public orations) about coming to Christ and so on. But let's be clear. When a Mormon says "coming to Christ", what he means is do it the Mormon way. Obey the leadership at all levels. No matter what they say and do. Pay your tithing so you can Go To the Temple. Do not question. In the Mormon mind, this is what Jesus wants most of all in the whole wide world.

Oaks and Bednar and Holland still take every opportunity to tell everybody what's what, as do several other GAs. They all still insist that good Mormons must accept that they (the leaders) get their daily news feeds directly from God. They still insist that those on the bottom (in other words, women) defer in every decision to a Priesthood holder (in other words, a man).

Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: October 29, 2017 11:30AM

People see what they want to see. What actually happens when cults are called on their sh*t is that rather than adjusting to reality they double down and believe even more strongly in their fantasies. Funny thing, being human.

Posted by: Josephina ( )
Date: October 29, 2017 05:28PM

I remember them being even worse in the 70's. Does anyone remember Mark E. Petersen?

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: October 29, 2017 06:46PM

My parents loved the bigot Mark Edward Peterson so much that they gave my youngest brother his first two names.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/29/2017 06:46PM by donbagley.

Posted by: sunbeep ( )
Date: October 29, 2017 06:03PM

In my opinion, the mighty morg leaders are learning to not say anything at all for fear that they might have to defend what they just uttered. They simply re-utter what was already uttered and then bask in the afterglow of their gawdly inspired utterances. It's utterly re-dickalous.

Posted by: waunderdog ( )
Date: October 29, 2017 07:02PM

Compared to Brigham Young functioning as a theocratic dictator, yes.

Posted by: Josephina ( )
Date: October 29, 2017 08:26PM

Also, I remember Bruce R. McConkie ordering people not to have a relationship with Jesus Christ. He said some pretty harsh things about Jews. He said in Mormon Doctrine that differences in racial features beyond what White Caucasians had were marks of degeneracy. Even if they could hold the priesthood.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.