Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Mother Who Knows ( )
Date: October 30, 2017 06:27AM

Nine years out, and we are still struggling to adjust to non-Mormon social life.

We usually are invited to several dinner parties, open houses, buffets, and cocktail parties, in November and December, around Thanksgiving and Christmas. My question is--what do you bring to parties? People usually bring something, especially to buffets, and open houses, even though they are not required to. It's nice to bring a bottle of wine or flowers or something to a dinner party.

Our family has celiac disease, and can't eat gluten. We, and most of our friends, don't like to eat sugar or other stuff that's unhealthy.

I used to bring See's candy, but people groan, if they see that, like I'm trying to poison them.

What is your favorite bring-along treat, that travels well? Some of the parties are over an hour away.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: sbg ( )
Date: October 30, 2017 10:17AM

My favorite hostess gift (I received) last year was a gift card to the local high end grocery store. I love to shop there, but rarely do, it is expensive.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: October 30, 2017 10:21AM

The fine art of gift-giving lies not in bringing what YOU want to bring, but in finding out what the recipient would appreciate.

That may vary for each party you attend. Do your research :)

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.