Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Joe the man ho & Brig the pig ( )
Date: October 30, 2017 11:31AM

So we had a halloween party with my aunt and cousins the other night and my cousin made a big point in talking about how they were going to be getting up @seven so they could get to church @eight (ugh!) I didn't even know they HAD church this early I sure as he** wouldn't have gone! Lol) then he went on about how he and his girlfriend needed to get married in the temple and how important that was. It seemed like a very big hint hint....;) type of thing. I think my aunt has probably told them that our family doesn't go to church anymore cause my mom said she also went on about going to church to her. And she said she talked to my uncle on the phone earlier that day and that he was extremely rude to her.

Cause YA vein rude to someones totally the way to bring them back to church let me tell ya! And its so weird thinking about this now but I remember when I was like nine or ten that same cousin of mine told me he thought church sucked LOL and I was the one trying to convince HIM it did not. Its funny how times have changed....

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Badassadam1 ( )
Date: October 30, 2017 11:34AM

Just watch the endowment on youtube again and remind yourself to NEVER GO BACK at any cost, even 10% haha now that's funny.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: October 30, 2017 11:46AM

"Ha-ha, not interested in participating in temple rigamarole but you go for it." Then change the subject.

Date: October 30, 2017 12:07PM

LOL ok I wont! thanks for reminding me! And SPEAKING of 10% as they were talking about goin back to church I was just kind of thinking to myself well we will stay at home and be the "evil apostates" and I hope you guys have a fun time payin 10% of your income to criminals!

Date: October 30, 2017 12:20PM

And ya definitely not interested in goin to the tempke thats for sure! But ya I do feel for my cousin though he really is a good guy and he doesn't have any clue as to what the temple even IS. :( I have a feeling hes being brainwashed by family and the missionaries. I'm sure he would be shocked to learn about the secret handshakes and how they used to do thos freaky death penalties! I really wish I could warn him as to what hes getting himself into cause the church really will just end up harming him in the long run and hes already been hurt enough in life. Hes also super poor and doesn't need to be flushing 10% down the John! The problem is and I think I wrote this before but his baby just died only a month ago and idk if right now would be the best timing for me to clue him in so maybe I should try in a couple more months or so? its just so hard to know what to do ya know? Maybe ill eventually try and direct him towards Newnamenoahs videos so he can at least have some sort of warning....

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: October 30, 2017 12:30PM

Speaking of flushing 10% down the john. You won't be a part time janitor either.

Posted by: Badassadam1 ( )
Date: November 01, 2017 07:28PM

Zactly or a part-time spy (visiting teacher)

Date: October 30, 2017 12:48PM

Heartless ya your right! Another plus for me! Hehe ugh I cant believe they make members clean the churches so sweet of them isn't it?

Posted by: laperla not logged in ( )
Date: October 30, 2017 01:22PM

I don't doubt the sincerity of your belief.

They have been told how to convert you and you are not playing as scripted. They are also told that if they sincerely believed, you would bite the worm dangling from the fish hook.

So by saying that you believe they believe, it reinforces their self-righteousness with no skin off your nose.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: October 30, 2017 02:53PM

I would come up with a library of bland responses such as, "Oh, okay," "That's nice," and "I hope that you enjoy that."

Date: November 01, 2017 12:48PM

Summer LOL that's a great idea if they keep bugging me I will do that I'm sure they would appriciate it :) LOL and Laperla not logged in ya they will surely not be a reconvertin me! I told him that I might go back to church sometime....but only to go on a manhunt! Hehehe ;) and if I don't have any luck in one ward ill hop right on to the next ward! Yup ill do me some ward hoppin! Lol I know what you guys are thinkin AHHHH there's better places to find men than church!!!!!

And I totally agree with that. I cant see myself with a hoity toity molly mormon boy. But sadly in Utah I swear almost every dude is married off and at least I can meet some single men. Plus even at church there's GOT to be at least a few closeted non believers or some cool jack mo boys right? I KNOW for sure there are SOME! The challenge is just finding em...too bad they don't have Kt tattooed across there face would make my quest a lot easier LOL can you imagine? "Hi I'm actually a "bad boy" and I really don't believe in this church I'm just here for one reason or another" that would be awesome! LOL

Date: November 01, 2017 01:01PM

That would be something too see men wearing tattoos with the words "ya...I'm a bad boy" on them at church lol and I can only imagine how all the bishop and all the Peters and molly's would react when there like "oh welcome lets get you to pay tithing and get you a calling" for me to reply "op! No thanks! I'm only here for the bad boys!" Ya I'm sure that would go over real well...lol

Date: November 01, 2017 01:03PM

But nope no WAY am I paying tithin NOPE this here's gonna be a FREE datin service yes a free datin service for me! Hehe

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: November 01, 2017 08:49PM

For something that they hype so hugely, it is a terrible let-down.

No music, no flowers, no attendants in nice matching outfits, no personal touches at all. Very dreary and impersonal.

A longtime friend of mine married his partner of 31 years a while back at City Hall (out in California) and from the photos he sent, the folks at City Hall went to a lot of trouble to make the wedding a very pretty, memorable occasion. A trellis with fresh flowers, a pianist, nice people who looked happy to participate in the ceremony. And my friend looked SO happy with his partner - it made me feel happy for them!)

All in all, it beat the heck out of the one temple wedding I saw.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.