Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Anonymous 2 ( )
Date: November 06, 2017 03:17PM

13. You know how the morg despite serving hot food in Crock pots or soups. Somehow either the rolls, the soup or the pies did it. I suspect the soups.

Because within 24 hours I has sicker than a horse throwing up a lot during the morning. I tried sleeping but it didn't work.

Maybe the health department should thoroughly check morg chapels. I've also gotten sick just by being in the buildings. And OSHA too.

It's as far back I can trace this cold bug to. Properly lack of food cleaning and serving temps. Either that I'm allergic to morg buildings!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: sbg ( )
Date: November 06, 2017 03:24PM

I've gotten food poisoning from more than one potluck type meal in my life. Now I only eat things where I know who made it (and trust their home kitchen is clean) or it came packaged from the store.

Posted by: Anon 2 ( )
Date: November 06, 2017 03:31PM

I kinda hijacked your name while you were gone by accident so I'll choose another.
There have been several recalls over meat and vegetables.It sounds like you got ecoli. Ecoli is a bear. So sorry for you.

Posted by: siobhan ( )
Date: November 06, 2017 05:05PM

At least in my state more than 2 cases is considered an outbreak. Churches often don't have to report to the health dept but someone should make the call if they've been made sick from food served to the public. Excepting people who are so stupid they will cut up the salad on the same cutting board they used for the raw chicken the cleanliness of their kitchen is a lot less important than transport or time held out of temperature.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: November 06, 2017 05:51PM

It's very possible you got food poisoning from something you ate.

If church food is making you sick and just being inside the building is, that's a good time to take a time out. Long time out.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: November 06, 2017 06:11PM

It's all about keeping hot food hot and cold food cold. Frequently at a pot luck both are less than optimal.

Posted by: jubust ( )
Date: November 06, 2017 06:27PM

I would stick with having an allergy to the building, and get a doc to back you up. What a great excuse. ;)

Posted by: Mother Who Knows ( )
Date: November 06, 2017 06:39PM

There was an epidemic of stomach flu at MIA/YW camp. Only a small group of us did not get sick, but we were scared to death we would be next. Two of my friends and I decided we needed to go on a hike. We were not allowed to hike out of the immediate campsite, but we didn't go very far, and we followed the creek, so we wouldn't get lost. A little ways upstream, we found a band of herefords, wallowing in the water, to cool off. They were peeing and pooping in the water, also. We asked each other if we had been drinking out of the creek and washing our dishes in the creek, as the others had been doing, and we had not. Our Dads had taught us that we should never drink creek water. We had accidentally solved the mystery of why everyone was so violently sick!

We ran back, and excitedly told the camp counselors, and everyone we saw, "Cows are peeing in the creek water--stay away from it!" We told the head of the camp. Instead of being treated like the heroes we thought we were, the counselors got angry at us, and said that we needed to be punished. Isn't that just like the Mormons. Our punishment was that we had to clean up all the barf in the bathrooms! One of my friends obeyed, crying and gagging. My other friend and I refused to do it. We just said "no." A few hours later, my boyfriend came into the camp, to bring supplies, and we talked him into driving us home--4 hours over the mountains.

In our stake in California, the hygiene was so bad, that the RS had special classes on the prevention of colds, what to do with dirty diapers, keeping your child isolated at home when sick, etc. They blamed everything on the Spanish-speaking ward, that shared our building, but I knew that was a lie! My SIL and her RS friends would bring their children to church, with a raging fever, coughing and sneezing, whining and trying to lie down on the floor. Heaven forbid if a mother had to miss an important meeting, making a terrarium out of an old 20-liter pop bottle.

I used to get 6 contagious illnesses a year. Since leaving the cult, I get one a year, including the years my kids were still in school. At school, the sick kids are sent home. The germs came from church.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.