Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: memikeyounot ( )
Date: November 06, 2017 04:43PM

His son is on the way up and when Jeff shuffles of this mortal coil, he's gonna be in line to take his place.

It could happen.

https://www.deseretnews.com/article/900003526/uvu-president-matt-holland-to-leave-in-june-to-serve-as-a-mormon-mission-president.html

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: sunbeep ( )
Date: November 06, 2017 04:52PM

Oh Jesus, almost makes me want to hurry over to Mr. Mac and buy some suits and go on another mission just so I can be presided over by this future apostolick asshat. I'm sure it would be an awesome patty cake taffy pull.

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: November 06, 2017 09:59PM

Is Mr. Mac still a marman after his son, Steve Christensen was murdered by Mark Hofmann while GorTon [somethin's fishy] Hinky was slurping up Hofmann's phony docs ?

Just wonderin'.

Posted by: not anon at all ( )
Date: November 06, 2017 04:58PM

I dunno. Gordon was only able to get Baby Hinckley as far as the 70, and Boyd could only do the same with Baby Packer.

Henry's trying to do the same with Baby Eyring at Rexburg. Maybe he and Jeff will get into a CLASH OF THE APOSTLES, fighting over whose spawn gets first dibs on the comfy chairs.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: November 06, 2017 07:24PM

and not a ghawd-damn one of them is Brown!

Posted by: Badassadam1 ( )
Date: November 06, 2017 07:37PM

Hahahahaha they do have a german so that has to count for something.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: November 06, 2017 06:58PM

is on the noon news, KUTV covered this story before they talked about the church shooting. I thought KUTV was different than that. How can Holland being called as a MP be more important than this national tragedy???

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: November 06, 2017 07:27PM

It is definite that nobody involved with the Texas shooting is going to be buying air time with the station, but that certainty does not exist when it comes to the Holland family, UVU or la iglesia mormona.

So the prioritizing was done to cater to their sales department

Posted by: Anonymous 2 ( )
Date: November 06, 2017 08:03PM

It's all in the family business....

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: November 07, 2017 01:02AM

dynasty

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: November 07, 2017 01:50AM

Let’s see...a certain billionaire...a Salt Lake City University...presidential opening in about three years...no favoritism here...

Posted by: Jimbo ( )
Date: November 07, 2017 07:53AM

Reading the comments on Heavenly Fathers Tee Vee stations website made me want to vomit.The overuse of the words "amazing" and "awesome" is everywhere in our culture but Mormons are absolutly addicted to these words. Hollland was an awesome UVU President . Holland will be an amazzzzing mission president . Awesome person. Amazing family on and freaking on. one comment said Holland wanted to turn UVU into BYU-Orem and that did not go very well.I guess that guy somehow missed the total amazing awesomeness of Holland .Brainwashed Utah County mob who are neither awesome or amazing .

Posted by: Gern Blanston ( )
Date: November 07, 2017 08:34AM

So which GA's son will be the next president of UVU?

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: November 07, 2017 09:11AM

Nailed it !

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: November 07, 2017 10:12AM

Hey. Don't jump to conclusions about people just because they have a parent who is an asshole. Although, yes, I'm sure Jeffrey is trying to groom him for the big leagues.

I have a friend who is a professor at UVU, and exmormon. She was not happy about the Holland hiring just because the college was starting to lean toward being BYU West. But she now really likes Holland and is very happy what he has done for UVU (my alma mater too). She said the exmormon and neworder mormon element is actually more prevalent on campus, especially as students who could get accepted at BYU, have a good alternative choice now if they want to escape the BYU control. She has had some mormon students who want to be challenged and be able to (at least attempt to) think for themselves. And she has enjoyed these students a lot.

And he has been sensitive to trying to balance the secular and mormon environment. Yes, Romney and Cryring were recent commencement speakers, but they also spent some money to get some pretty awesome outside speakers, including John Quinones last year and a few years ago they had Wes Moore. That's a really tough dynamic to manage in Utah Valley. And the fact of who he is has, I'm sure, been the catalyst for a huge increase in endowments to the university. Because who is most of that money going to come from? Utah Valley Mormons. I'll guarantee there are many non or exmormons who are sad to see him go.

Date: November 07, 2017 10:14AM

Posted by: another UVU employee ( )
Date: November 07, 2017 10:39AM

I think you meant Michael Moore. It was quite the controversy but it was under Sederburg's tenure not Holland's. If you're curious about it there is a very good film done by UVU students called "This Divided State". It got really ugly.

http://www.thisdividedstate.com/

Sederburg held fast that Moore would not be dis-invited. Not sure that Holland would have done the same.

While Holland's influence has not been overtly Mormon the influence has still been there. That being said, he's done a pretty good job - especially when it came to glad handing the state legislature and donors to get money for the school.

It is a bit irritating to have to listen to all the "oh my that's soooooo awesome!" talk after the announcement was made yesterday.

Posted by: Jimbo ( )
Date: November 07, 2017 07:07PM

Not too difficult to get money from the Utah Churchislature when you are a well connected Mormon and dad is one of the 12 big wigs . Mormon good ole boy network . I once worked for social service program and our director was a TBM good ole boy. Did out budget ever get cut ? No, of course not .Utah or Mormon Deseret .You tell me.

Date: November 09, 2017 10:30AM

No, I meant the author, Wes Moore spoke at commencement in the past few years. I was there in 2004 when Michael Moore spoke and remember all that. It was before Holland.

Posted by: yamsi ( )
Date: November 07, 2017 08:59PM

The fast track to Prophet seems to be from University President to Apostleship. With the current opening I bet Jowls was voted down. Matt has some more 'calling magnification' to do.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.