Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Pooped ( )
Date: November 13, 2017 02:34AM

So, there was a piano concert at my mom's retirement village tonight and at the last moment my mom decided to go. Turns out that the performer was a Mormon my mother knows. Some other Mormons were there too. After the concert ended my mother wanted to talk with the pianist and they chatted for awhile with him swooning over my mom. Turns out he thought she was someone else!

Then the other Mormons came up to me, shook my hand, and might as well have poured syrup all over me because they were that sweet. And these are the people that in the recent past avoided or shunned me at all cost in public whenever they saw me. Seems there is a new push with LDS,Inc., or maybe just this ward, for members to fawn all over the alienated and resigned Mormons. I don't care if they like me or not but, geesh, just be honest!!! You hate me cause I left? Say so. You love me in spite of my apostasy? YOu don't have to fake it. Just be yourself, if that's possible.

The topping on the evening was my insane sister showing up. She comes to the retirement village about twice a year just to check and see if Mom might be dying cause she's expecting an inheritance. But tonight she came for the concert and thought she could impress Mom with an extra visit. But for some reason the village was in security mode and didn't let my sister into the Health Center where Mom lives. Mom wasn't even there. Sis thought Mom had banned her from visiting and threw a hissy fit. She yelled at the nurse on duty and pounded her fist on the counter to demand entrance. I'm surprised they didn't call the police. Mom and I didn't know all this had happened until much later after the fact. So when Sis gets to the concert she refuses to talk to Mom or me and walks out in a huff. I love it when she gets into these fits of anger because there is always the chance she will keep up her act right through the holidays and I won't have to deal with her at all for a couple of months. Yay!!!

Just thought I'd share the crazy that is part of my family. As Jack Nicholson's character stated in the movie As Good As It Gets......

"Go Sell crazy somewhere else. We're all stocked up here".

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: November 13, 2017 05:38AM

That does sound kind of strange about the old folks love bombing you. Either they have done an about face; or the thought occurred to me they suffer from dementia and don't remember not to shun you. ;-)

Since it's doubtful they developed it collectively, it's more likely some new edict issued from on high.

Or they've just become sweeter and kinder with age. That too, could be possible however unlikely.

Your sister on the other hand? Only God knows the explanation for that one. :-)

Be happy you can enjoy some time with your mom. It has to mean a lot to her that you are there for her.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/13/2017 05:48AM by Amyjo.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.