Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: November 11, 2017 01:05PM

And yes, it's still on my bucket list.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pUe-EEwXZE

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: November 11, 2017 01:21PM

I didn’t see any food vendors. :(

Posted by: waunderdog ( )
Date: November 11, 2017 01:44PM

No vending or vendors at Burning Man. Bring your own food.

Date: November 11, 2017 05:38PM

Just one taco truck there would make the owner rich.

Posted by: wondering ( )
Date: November 11, 2017 05:41PM

I got to go Burning man this year. The only thing you can buy at burning man is ice and coffee. Everything else is gifted or traded. I took all kinds of kind bars,water, and phone chargers and gifted them.

It was on my bucket list and truly an awesome experience!

There were food venders but no sales.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/11/2017 05:42PM by wondering.

Posted by: praydude ( )
Date: November 11, 2017 02:14PM

I was invited to go by a friend who had an extra ticket. I declined and he went. He met up with a woman and had lots of sex and fell in love. Unfortunately his wife who stayed at home is now dealing with her husband falling in love with someone else. They are all living in his house now and he is trying to re-define their marriage as a trio. Something of a more "open" relationship.

He is a trust fund baby (actually he's in his 50's) and his wife doesn't want to leave the life of luxury so she's going along with it for now. She came over the other night and was trying to deal with the bargaining stages of the eventual loss of her marriage. I actually think she is going to stick with it even though it is breaking her heart every day.

Rich people suck.

Posted by: Soft Machine ( )
Date: November 12, 2017 10:52AM

"he is trying to re-define their marriage as a trio": how mormon of him ;-)

I would love to go to burning man. One day...

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: November 12, 2017 07:00PM

His wife could use the services of a really good divorce attorney.

Why should he get to dictate the terms of their marriage this late into the marriage by bringing another partner home with him?

That is a sick relationship at best.

She could get out with her dignity and a comfortable existence, barring a pre-nupital. She should stick it to him.

Posted by: praydude ( )
Date: November 13, 2017 02:12AM

I totally agree with you. She has met with an attorney so there is that. It sounds like she doesn't want to work and living with her husband with a second wife is they path she has chosen. This way her kid gets to have both parents and she can travel and do her bulls#$t hobbies and keep living with her car and house.

I suppose it is easy for me to judge her but I'm not there in her shoes. Looking for a job as a woman with no education in her mid-40's is not something I know about. The whole thing make me sick. I feel like this guy knows that his wife is in a hole and he has the key and he's going to keep her there. Yes, she could get child support and possibly alimony (I don't know the prenup situation, or if there even is one) but eventually all of that ends.

I wonder if she is cynical enough to hang out for the duration and wait for her husband to die. This way she ends up with everything.

I have told myself many years ago that if my life-plan includes the phrase "someone has to die" in order for me to do well, then I need a new life plan. There is something inherently evil about waiting for someone to die for your ship to come in. That's just me, and I don't really believe in Karma but there is something wrong with that sort of plan.

Posted by: rubi123 ( )
Date: November 13, 2017 11:56AM

Maybe she should bring a second husband in and live as a foursome. See how her dear old hubby likes that.

Posted by: memikeyounot ( )
Date: November 12, 2017 12:24PM

The CEO of the company I worked for in Las Vegas went to Burning Man for several years before he got rich.

He went with friends from school at first, then he'd gathered so many work associates, he had a fairly big group.

Each year that he got back, he'd arrange a time at work and showed video that he took or others took while they were there. I watched one years adventures, (they gave us really good food) and while it looked like an adventure, it was too much like camping to me.

One year, he bought the big praying mantis from there and brought it back to LasVegas..it's at the entrance to the Container Park in downtown, and regularly breathes fire.

https://vitalvegas.com/downtown-container-parks-praying-mantis-breathes-fire-also-has-rhythm/

Posted by: Soft Machine ( )
Date: November 12, 2017 04:16PM

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: November 12, 2017 09:02PM

Sigh...it’s on my bucket list, too. I shit you not. The best reason I can come up with is that I had very strict nevermo parents. As an old fart, I want to run around with a painted face in nothing but a jock strap doing just about anything crazy that’s not going to kill me, get me an STD, or cause substance addiction. For just once in my life, I want to be the wild and crazy Boner that good guys like Dave will find edgy.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/12/2017 09:03PM by BYU Boner.

Posted by: cricket ( )
Date: November 12, 2017 09:22PM

Had one of the best times of my life with some great fellow exmos two years in a row:

http://www.salamandersociety.com/burningman/burning_bosom_man/

and

http://www.salamandersociety.com/burningman/camp_kolob/

Date: November 12, 2017 09:32PM

Dang !
I wish I could have been there.

I still want a moroni hood ornament.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.