Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: memikeyounot ( )
Date: November 13, 2017 04:15PM

I've been listening to Elton Johns new album, called “Diamonds” which is just a compilation of his greatest hits. I'm not sure he's done much original lately, but it's always good to hear some of the old stuff. I remember seeing him at the UofU stadium, fall of 1973 just after I was married. We spent $25.00 for tickets, which was a ton of money then. Now, he plays in Las Vegas regularly, usually at $200 and up.

https://www.amazon.com/Diamonds-Deluxe-Elton-John/dp/B075WZG7X8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1510606692&sr=8-1&keywords=elton+john+diamonds#customerReviews

In the early 80’s, after we’d gone to the block plan, I sometimes made it to Priesthood meeting, which now that I think of it was a sign I was on the way out. One day we got into the class room and our instructor, brother David Asshole, was playing an Elton John song on his tape player. Kind of odd, no?

Turns out, his lesson that day was on being totally and utterly against Elton John since it had just become public that he’s gay.

Brother A told us under no circumstances were we supposed to listen to his music since it was well known that it would cause you to turn gay. Although, he didn’t use the word gay. You can probably figure out which one he did use.

And here 30+ years later, the church is still rabidly anti-gay, based on what they say every day. Go figure

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: November 13, 2017 04:24PM

Music can turn you gay.
Masturbation can turn you gay.
Treating women fairly and equally can turn you gay.

Jeezus, mormons sure are irrationally afraid of turning gay.

Posted by: not anon any more ( )
Date: November 13, 2017 04:31PM

"listen to his music since it was well known that it would cause you to turn gay"

Which explains the huge spike in gayness when "The Lion King" was released. Good thing no mormons ever saw this Disney movie! /s

Posted by: MeM ( )
Date: November 13, 2017 04:45PM

Being a Mormon can turn you totally irrational and judgemental.

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: November 13, 2017 05:00PM

I kissed a girl and I liked it.

OK, OK, I'm a dude.

But that song did make me want to kiss a girl.

Posted by: readwrite ( )
Date: November 13, 2017 05:47PM

If he'd showed up in an lds leasthood meeting, there is a good chance some of the men in the room would "feel" gay, or at least act that way, or have designs on him.

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: November 13, 2017 05:52PM

They play his songs frequently at the DI in Layton UT.

It's fun to see some obvious mormons hesitate between walking out or still shopping. It is DI surely they'd not play something inappropriate.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.