Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Anonymous 2 ( )
Date: November 16, 2017 01:30PM

Today my younger brother and his family will pack up their stuff and leave tomorrow for Oregon. Then my youngest sister and her husband will move in and keep care of my dad and me. My younger brother and his family failed in that regard several times over. It was like two families living here. my dad and me being one. And my younger brother and his family.

We're still grieving the loss of Princess on November 3rd. My dad and I are taking it the hardest. So is Poncho. My brother and his kids didn't even react to the news of her passing. I've tried finding my dad a new furry baby but cannot find any that match us. Perhaps it's Princess telling me it's not time yet.

We're still taking things one day at a time. She was a big part of my family's life(my dad,me and Poncho). She was my mom's dog before she passed on. My dad said Princess chose my mom as puppy.Poncho still hasn't used Princess's old bed.Maybe if I washed it!?? It's in my room where he can watch me if wants.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: angela ( )
Date: November 16, 2017 03:18PM

I know it's hard Anon2. Grief is hard, and so is transition, which your brother and his family moving out and your sister and her husband moving is, is all about. More transition.

It may be too soon for a new fur baby, especially with the holidays upon us.

Poncho may or may not ever take to Princess' bed. Let him decide, as time goes by.

It hard to be patient, and Nov 3rd is not that far back. So keep doing what you are doing. Keep petting Poncho and interacting with him and your dad.

It's hard, the transitions and the grief at this time. So just take it a day at a time.

As long as people and Poncho are eating, and able to get some rest, things are "ok as they can be" and that is fine.

Sending warm thoughts of understanding you, your father's and Poncho's way. I hope your sister and BIL are able to be a better fit than your brother and his family.

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: November 17, 2017 10:49PM

of contention.

I've always adopted kittens, who were never viewed as a threat by the resident felines.

Some months back, our adult daughter brought home the cutest pair of tuxedo kittens - but we realized, when we thought about it, that the kittens were likely to survive one or both of us, so we did not adopt them.

I could not bear the thought of cats who had been super-loved, pampered and cuddled (as ours invariably are) suddenly finding themselves in a shelter. (Our daughter has a dog, so they would not do well with her. They HATE her dog.)

So, Anon2, maybe a puppy might be the answer. Housebreaking is a problem that we don't have with the cats.

Posted by: itzbeen20 ( )
Date: November 18, 2017 10:06AM

Check in with Rescues, because they foster older pets so they do not get put down, like for the reasons you give.
Usually they are by more specific criteria, as breed, so you can be selective. Not starting at day one and all the energy needed for that!
I got one, a few years old, they are trained, socialized, lower on the energy scale and just eight to hang out with at this point in time you are all at. Mine was totally abused and rejected, now has quietly blossomed!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/18/2017 10:07AM by itzbeen20.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.