Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: SEcular Priest ( )
Date: November 19, 2017 01:38PM

So Friday a couple of sisters who did not speak English asked me to take them to the temple. I had a few hours to spare so I said sure. I can sit in the waiting room and do stuff on my computer.

So we go and I am the only one in the waiting room. I did wear a suit and tie. Just minding my own. Temple workers came in and out to little kitchen and to change clothes.A couple said hi. Most just walked by and looked at me. It actually was very nice sitting there peacefully.

About 80 minutes later the temple president came in and asked me if I was working. I said no, I was just editing and sorting pictures waiting for the two sisters I drove here. He then informed me that the Church policy in the temples is no electronic devices and he asked me to put it away. He said that it sets a bad example for young people if they see me doing this. Note everyone I saw was retired or old. I said okay, I can do some other stuff. We talked a bit and he thanked me.

So this is the room I sat in when my daughter got married in the temple. You do not need a recommend to sit here but Church standards must be followed.I looked through the Friend, the Era for young people. Talk about dumb down materials and artwork. So I got out my phone and looked a Drudge report and this site for the remainder of the time. If anyone said anything I would have said I am studying scriptures. O moved to the far end of the room which is where the sister have their washrooms.

Unbelievable. Some temple worker decided to rat me out when I was minding my own business in a room that is inside the temple but not inside the temple if you know what I mean.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: waunderdog ( )
Date: November 19, 2017 01:58PM

Looking at this site while at the temple TOTALLY chased the Spirit away and invited Lucifer in. My hero.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: November 19, 2017 02:06PM

The important thing is that now both you AND ghawd know your place, and the Mission President has been fulfilled in his calling.

Remember, the church is not made for man; man is made for the church.

Okay, so what would have happened if you'd have gone all Saucie on him:

MP: ...which sets a bad example for the youth. Thank you.

My Saucie Girl: What youth? <makes a big production of looking around>

MP: That's hardly the attitude the lord appreciates...

MSG: Fück your lord!

MP: <turning to me> Is she with you!?

EOD: NO, I'm with her.

ME: What?

EOD: Yeah, see, you asked if she's with me. She's not. I'm with her...

(Big discussion regarding women as chattel ensues, until ...)

EOD: You know, all the we've been discussing mormon misogyny, she's been on the computer...

MP: <harumph!> My dear good sister, I really must ask you to ...

MSG: Go fück yerself, righteous boy

MP: Security!

<we run!>

EOD: Tell the sister missionaries you'll be getting them a ride home!!!

Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: November 19, 2017 02:20PM

Mi Amor !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love your script writing skills... its brilliant.

Posted by: Anziano Young ( )
Date: November 19, 2017 02:59PM

Now, now--it wasn't one of the temple workers who tattled on you and your ungodly electronic devices. I'm sure everyone in the temple felt the Spirit leave in a huff as soon as you turned on your computer, like it does whenever it hears rock music or knows someone is masturbating in another room.

The real question here is, what is the sensitivity radius of the Spirit? If you had gone outside and sat on the lawn, would that still be close enough to offend its delicate sensibilities? How about if you sat in your own car in the parking lot instead of the waiting room? Would Mr. President have to come out and tap on your window and remind you that this is the Lord's parking lot?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.