Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: overit ( )
Date: November 18, 2017 04:35AM

Picture the scene, I was seventeen, no longer a virgin and my friend's dad was bishop, interviewing me for my young woman's recognition award. Of course I lied through my teeth and acted the virtuous Molly Mormon and felt a teeny bit guilty. Over the ensuing years of moderate tbm-edness I continued to convincingly cpnceal my lack of womanly virtue. Was I really the only one or was t a matter of the emperor's new clothes? Was everyone else lying as much as me just playing the role? Now I am out and enjoying a fully heathen lifestyle. I wonder how large a % were not actually virginal brides but lying born again virgins just like me...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: November 18, 2017 06:19AM

It's required. There's nothing wrong with lying to a lying institution.

Many lies are not about chastity, but are about 100% honesty, tithing or other issues.

I don't think anyone should tell any bishop something they wouldn't want broadcast in prime time or written on a newspaper front page.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: November 18, 2017 03:12PM

"If you give me a ride to the party, I'll give you a hand job!"

Having this reported to me in 2002 by my then junior in high school second son, clued me into the changing of the guard regarding 'chastity' and its role in society.

This was reported to me the day after said party, and I did not ask for, now was information given, regarding the outcome of this negotiation.

It seems that mormonism left me very much a babe in the woods...

Posted by: moehoward ( )
Date: November 18, 2017 05:02PM

Elderolddog.

You post made me laugh, I was one of those innocent ones also. I heard "those stories" when I was younger but the stories never found me.

Posted by: mootman ( )
Date: November 18, 2017 06:21PM

What is more interesting now you are over it-- What do you teach your teenage daughter or son to do with getting intimate with someone else? When? How? And so forth

Posted by: Overit ( )
Date: November 19, 2017 07:59AM

I teach them about love and self esteem. I believe if a person has high self esteem then they don't usually have issues with sex. My children can talk with me about anything. When the time comes I am fairly certain I will be asked for support or advice.

Posted by: jkdd259 ( )
Date: November 19, 2017 02:03AM

Shit! I found it very easy to lie about that. Maybe it was because i never ever really believed in any of it. Perhaps that's why I found it so easy to lie about being chaste.

Like George Costanza once said to Seinfeld;

"It isn't a lie if you believe it!"

Posted by: readwrite ( )
Date: November 20, 2017 01:36AM

It's a belt I never much wore.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.