Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: gemini ( )
Date: November 20, 2017 10:58AM

Saw a picture in the paper along with the story about the dedication. OMG it looks like a fortress! Is this the new design for temples? GAG.

And why, oh why do they need two temples in Boise????

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: November 20, 2017 03:38PM

Posted by: Now a Gentile ( )
Date: November 20, 2017 05:33PM

I agree about the two temples in Boise. I wonder why the four temples in Salt Lake when everyone in Utah knows that happy valley is more mormon and they barely got three: The Provo, the Timp, and the Payson. Unless there is another I don't know about.

Edit: Apparently there was one I didn't know about, the one downtown. So they got four. Big whoops.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/20/2017 05:36PM by Now a Gentile.

Posted by: xxMMMoo ( )
Date: November 21, 2017 10:55AM

Another one planned for the area, this one in Saratoga Springs, on the other side of the lake from Provo. But right at the northern tip of the lake, across from Timpanogos, so you don't actually have to go over the lake. They'll have three within spittin' distance of each other (Draper, Timp, Saratoga.)

http://ldschurchtemples.org/saratogasprings/region/

There's been one proposed for the Bluffdale region too which is also pretty close to the whole conglomeration.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: November 21, 2017 10:45AM

Looks like the Cardston, AB temple that was built almost 100 years ago. Nothing new.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: November 21, 2017 11:04AM

They're building like crazy throughout the Morridor. That's the heaviest concentration of Mormons still, even as the membership continues to decline.

Maybe the morg is trying to hold onto its members by placing temples within walking distance of their homes?

Before it was considered a great honor to drive the distance to get to temples - sacrificial that it was of people's resources and precious time.

Now they're doing good to get them to the corner store and back home again. Hahahaha.

Posted by: SEcular Priest ( )
Date: November 21, 2017 11:09AM

The ward on Sunday could not get 7 Priesthood holders to go to youth Baptisms tonight. After lots pf pleading, etc they are still 3 short. And those that volunteered only did so to put the Elder's President out of his misery. And this ward is the ward that is in the building beside the temple. I think the temple has lost its appeal. Now it a chore.

Posted by: numbersRus ( )
Date: November 21, 2017 11:58AM

Gotta give everyone a reason to have a TR at all times.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.