Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: cutekitty ( )
Date: November 22, 2017 01:53AM

Got my final letter from SLC saying they have removed my name from the membership records of TSCC.

"Should you desire to become a member of the Church in the future, the local bishop or branch president in your area will be happy to help you.

Sincerely, Confidential Records"

NOT in this lifetime, pal. I do think from time to time - what if this is wrong? What if I am wrong again?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Badassadam1 ( )
Date: November 22, 2017 02:14AM

I think that too don"t worry i think i am wrong all the time. especially after being bullied on here i am like maybe i could just handle some of the mormon bs and keep what i like i don't know. I think a few people in the church actually liked me for real and i could actually see their faces which was nice. Don"t agree with their practices but still could chill with them every once in a while. Just have to let them know their rituals are just too weird for me and i am not giving money away again. Maybe they would be ok with that. I try to bargain in my head because it sucks to be cut off and be a total loner in the real.

Date: November 22, 2017 02:51AM

I am a loner for sure. I am alone, but not lonely.
If you let them know about their rituals they might get offended. Remember, we never listened to crap from other churches.

I am working on my letter to my so called 'friends' who are in the wind. Nobody calls me to see if I am even alive. Sad. Maybe they weren't friends at all? I think IF they were friends they would at least see if I am alive? How do you go from being a good friend one day to losing my fone number?

Posted by: Badassadam1 ( )
Date: November 22, 2017 03:16AM

Yeeep its the loneliness that is the real killer. Almost battling people on here is better than nothing right? Jk. One day you will resign from here because you are strong enough and you will have a better life. This is definitely not the end of the road just the next step to the better step always remember that.

Posted by: druid ( )
Date: November 22, 2017 11:00AM

The rejection, unfair judgment and shunning still hurts, even after all these years. I guess from their point of view, we are leaving them. But congratulations.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: November 22, 2017 03:52AM

It's great to be free!

Posted by: Boballoie0691 ( )
Date: November 22, 2017 10:12AM

Congratulations. You've been there, done that, and you now have the paper to prove it. What an education huh?... If I were you I'd frame that sucka!

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: November 22, 2017 10:19AM

Congrats, you did it!

One more reason to give thanks this Thanksgiving.

:)

Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: November 22, 2017 11:00AM

Doing the happy dance for you!

Posted by: Google ( )
Date: November 22, 2017 11:04AM

RWhen you walk through a storm
Keep your chin up high
And don't be afraid of the dark
At the end of a storm is a golden sky
And the sweet silver song of a lark
Walk on through the wind
Walk on through the rain
Tho' your dreams
Be tossed and blown
Walk on
Walk on
With hope in your heart
And you'll never walk alone
You'll never walk alone
When you walk through a storm
Hold your head up high
And don't be afraid of the dark
At the end of a storm is a golden sky
And the sweet silver song of a lark
Walk on through the wind
Walk on through the rain
Tho' your dreams
Be tossed and blown
Walk on
Walk on
With hope in your heart
And you'll never walk alone
You'll never walk alone

This song was composed by Rodgers and Hammerstein for their show, Carousel.
But, the words mean as much now as they did 50 years ago.
Remember always, in every life some rain must fall, but don't EVER give up! Keep hope in your heart and you will NEVER walk alone.

Posted by: sbg ( )
Date: November 22, 2017 11:41AM

One of my favorites. Thanks for sharing.

Date: November 22, 2017 04:28PM

One of my favorites as well. Thank you for sharing. I used to sing this along with the motab and this was one of my favs, for the words....

I still feel numb like something isn't right in my head yet? It is a big empty hole, no conversations with HF, or shouting out "thank-you Jesus!" when something wonderful happens, I am just empty inside, moving around in space.

Date: November 23, 2017 01:05PM

You can thank God for delivering you from a cult.

There's a real demarcation between Mormon teachings, and biblical god of the bible.

God needed to crack my belief in Mormonism to reinforce that he's in control, not some corporation masquerading as a church.

Posted by: kairos ( )
Date: November 22, 2017 07:10PM

congrats- it takes courage and you have it!

i do wonder though if they used permanent eraser on your name- the church is slick that way. "yes we took you off the rolls, but not really off off the rolls" lol

Date: November 22, 2017 08:37PM

I wonder about this too. What if my name is on other lists of TSCC records? They just said membership records. What if there are temple records, with names on it still. I don't trust this as I have endured all the sneeky shit from TSCC I care to endure. I have endured to the end!!

Date: November 23, 2017 01:26PM

They will rebaptize you after you're gone.

To me that should be made criminal. You asked to have your name removed, and that's all it should take to get them out of your life.

Instead, after we're dead and gone, the church will have us post-humously dead dunked.

I find that outrageous!

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: November 22, 2017 07:25PM

Trust yourself, cutekitty.

You know as much as anyone else about god-things. Part of their gig is to try and make you feel scared if you leave.

Congratulations on breaking away. You will find many wonderful, more intelligent and treasured ideas to replace those old memes.

Date: November 23, 2017 01:01PM

DAGNY, you sound like Obie wan Kenobi from Star Wars---

"Trust yourself, Cutekitty" - the force will be with you.....

Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: November 22, 2017 07:34PM

Congrats cute Kitty... you did it.

I still remember how happy I was when I got my letter... Its a good thing.

Posted by: nimrod ( )
Date: November 22, 2017 07:47PM

For the COB to recognize that you left is noteworthy. Of course, you've been out for some time prior to that. Your OUT letter is your evidence that the Corporation of the President recognizes that you left.

Posted by: cinda ( )
Date: November 22, 2017 08:47PM

Congratulations, cutekitty! Of course, as nevermo, I cannot personally relate to the feeling of freedom, as well as other good feelings, this must give you(except for the sharing of those things by others on this board, of course). Regardless, I do hope this gives you another reason to 'give thanks' on tomorrow's holiday, set aside to Give Thanks! I will be thinking of you :)

Posted by: Boballoie0691 ( )
Date: November 22, 2017 10:33PM

I know this void thing of which you speak. It's almost as if you lost contact with HF or something. There's a loss you feel at first. But I think (at least for me); it is the realization that you've been had, an awakening to an unpleasant truth. Your mind is trying to sort it all out I think. It's almost like grieving. It will get much better as time goes on believe me. Then you'll wonder, like I do: "What in the hell wad I thinking?!

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: November 22, 2017 11:25PM

Wierd feeling ain't it? Certainly strange, unnatural... like 'the church' itself. Sick & Twisted.

The burden is lifted and the WAIT is over now, though more excitement awaits. Frame that ticket to ride... That's the stairway to heaven.

M@t

Posted by: mav ( )
Date: November 23, 2017 12:48PM

soul. I thought they indicated there would be no way back. Remember, that is a 'suitable for framing' certificate. Hang it in the garage. Treat it like "A Major Award" (Christmas Story). Happy Trails.

Posted by: Aquarius123 ( )
Date: November 23, 2017 01:04PM

Congratulations, CK!! Yay! You're out. It's an adjustment, but a good one. I know from experience how weird it feels when people you thought cared about you drop you like a hot potato. Don't cry when false friends say goodbye. You are a friendly, lovely person, and you will forge some genuine friendships! :^)'

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.