Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: December 17, 2017 07:40AM

The things that go on behind closed doors, is it really always only 'temple business?'

Any renegades among them? Maybe a close encounter in the Celestial Room, or rendezvous away from prying eyes? Would it be possible to have a tryst in the Sealing Room for example?

Knowing the imperfections and shortcomings among and including the saints in their sainthood; given that there are - how many sins and indiscretions occur inside temples most members will never be privy to knowing?

One never really knows what people are capable of until put to the test.

It does seem in all likelihood there have been numerous times people would take advantage of the privacy inside the temple to do whatever the hell they please.

That would be more secretive than sacred for obvious reasons. Not that the rituals are sacred. Those are absurd.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: December 17, 2017 07:58AM

As someone who used to co-write TV MOW scripts, the potential scenarios, both vignettes and plot turners, immediately begin to course through my imagination...

Date: December 17, 2017 12:40PM

Given the various scenarios of cheating hearts inside the church, including church leaders. It makes sense their cheating hearts aren't always checked entering the temple.

Or even married couples having a good time when no one else is there to rat them out.

I see it as not only possible, but very likely.

Mormon men love the concept of polygamy. That they'd covet other women even other men's wives is not pure imagination.

Look at how Joseph Smith pulled it off, and his successor Brigham.

Posted by: tig ( )
Date: December 17, 2017 09:22AM

Not much, they would probably fall asleep too.

Posted by: montanadude ( )
Date: December 17, 2017 09:43AM

Stories of freeked out young people entering the temple for the first time that they've just been felt up by an old man and knowing you were part of a cult.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: December 17, 2017 09:53AM

The dashed dreams of brides and grooms who had imagined that their wedding would be a pinnacle of romance and drama.

Isn't it a shame that no photos are taken as the couple exchanges their vows? I think I totally rocked the baker's hat look! I'd love that photo in the family room, next to the obligatory Monson photo...

Date: December 17, 2017 01:38PM

Just be glad you aren't going to be buried wearing that baker's hat.

My dad and granddad were. I found that silly. But my TBM brothers had our parents dressed in their temple clothes for burial. It was more for them than it was for my parents.

I doubt my dad would have cared either way.

Date: December 17, 2017 11:00AM

I've continued to muse on this thread...

One of my limiting factors is that I only attended the temple three times, twice in 1965 and then a final visit on 5/31/1968.

At ages 20 and 23 I like to think I was in the throes of my sexual prime (the period from 1958 to 2030). Now here's the thing, even for me, the temple was a sexual turn off. Oh, sure, the bombshell playing Eve was hot, and maybe a couple of the ladies in the audience were cute, but the clothing and the ambience had the effect of a cold shower.

And for the women, doesn't the temple represent something pretty "off-putting", the fact that you are going to be just one of many wives? It makes no sense to me that women would be turned on being in a temple.

Maybe if I'd gone once a week for ten years, familiarity and sexual drive might have combined to promote the desire for hanky panky or hanky spanky in the temple, but I just can't imagine it.

Posted by: MeM ( )
Date: December 17, 2017 11:22AM

I only saw that glorious (boring) temple movie a few times.
Not even the morg could control the daydreams and fantasies of those who have obediently sat through it dozens or hundreds of times.

Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: December 17, 2017 11:10AM

They would yawn.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: December 17, 2017 11:14AM

The temple walls would say "Dave, we saw you flip off that security camera. You are a bad bad man."

And yes, I got in trouble for doing it.

Posted by: cricket ( )
Date: December 17, 2017 11:27AM

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: December 17, 2017 11:59AM

I wonder how much control Temple Presidents have, $ & other...

Date: December 17, 2017 12:22PM

While the religion is wacked, the members are not.They each made

sacrifices to be able to attend the temple and they do it

believing that it is the most sacred place on earth.

So, your little joke about the members haveing sexual thoughts or

doing sexual things there just proves to me and others that you

are not a mormon and never were . Everything you

know about the church came from google.You little scenario

would have never happened.

Posted by: slskipper ( )
Date: December 17, 2017 12:34PM

Amen. The great tragedy of Mormonism is not hypocrisy- it is rather the excruciating disappointment when the reality does not measure up to the hype.

Date: December 17, 2017 12:35PM

You're an effing troll.

You joked about shooting up heroin sitting in Sacrament meeting when you were a child.

Either you were lying, or it shows how sick in the head you are (more likely both.)

As for my being a Mormon, at least I learned how to tell the truth as one. I don't have to make up my past. I'm here to share, the same as others.

You don't seem capable of it. Which makes me wonder about you.

You're not only a troll. You're an effing liar.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/17/2017 12:53PM by Amyjo.

Date: December 17, 2017 01:08PM

Amyjo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You're an effing troll.
>
> You joked about shooting up heroin sitting in
> Sacrament meeting when you were a child.
>
> Either you were lying, or it shows how sick in the
> head you are (more likely both.)
>
> As for my being a Mormon, at least I learned how
> to tell the truth as one. I don't have to make up
> my past. I'm here to share, the same as others.
>
> You don't seem capable of it. Which makes me
> wonder about you.
>
> You're not only a troll. You're an effing liar.

Hit a nerve eh?

Date: December 17, 2017 01:09PM

So many people know you are not a mormon , give it up.

Date: December 17, 2017 01:23PM

You are a numbskull.

You have falsely accused me many times over of not having been a Mormon or Jewish.

Yet you are the only one who has no Mormon history here.

Why do you troll my threads and make up false accusations that are only lies, lies, and more lies? Insecure much?

No, you are a known liar to me. I don't have to prove anything to you.

You are a flipping joke of a person who merits no respect.

Go back to your corner like the yellow bellied dog that you are.

You're a troll. That is what's obvious and apparent.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/17/2017 01:24PM by Amyjo.

Date: December 17, 2017 01:25PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/17/2017 01:26PM by Amyjo.

Date: December 17, 2017 01:32PM

I "Have no mormon history here"? ahhahahahahahahahahhahahahah

Hahahhahahahahahahahaha. try harder , that made no sense. Let's see what you can come up with.

Date: December 17, 2017 01:35PM

Your IQ is showing saucie.

And it isn't much.

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: December 17, 2017 01:35PM

In all fairness, I've lost track of all the religions you have claimed to have been involved with. At some point people have to question why you are not able to identify patterns of the same concepts that exist in all religions.

Good grief. saucie is not a troll.

Date: December 17, 2017 01:44PM

She isn't trolling your threads. That's why you don't call her out.

She's been only a troll on mine.

As for my being involved with different religions, yeah I attended many post-Mormonism. And joined none.

Doesn't mean I was not a Mormon. I was born into Mormonism. Sixth generation on my dad's side.

Jewish/Protestant on my mother's. I'm fully Jewish because I descend from Jewish mothers going back centuries.

Why is that so hard to believe? I don't know why you or saucie feel obliged to insult my religious identity or heritage. For saucie, she does it to troll my threads and provoke me.

She has proven herself to be a liar based on the repeated lies she tells about me.

And a troll for trolling my thread/s with her lies. This isn't the only time. She's done it elsewhere. She gets her posts deleted, but then she crops up somewhere else. That's trolling.

Date: December 17, 2017 02:11PM

Good grief. I have predictable people who seemingly follow me around too. So what.

You post so much, about everything. Considering the volume of the threads you initiate, surely you can expect and ignore a few people who call you out on things. Get thicker skin for cripessakes.

Date: December 17, 2017 12:58PM

Thank the stars, heavenly messengers, spirit guides, spirit guardians, dead relatives who visit, and all the people we knew in other lives and are destined to see again, that we all have freedom of expression!

Phew!!

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: December 17, 2017 01:09PM

I'd like to know what rooms- areas are only for temple personnel...

Date: December 17, 2017 01:11PM

Yeah Amy.. can you answer that one? Ms Mormon of 1961?

give us the answer.

Date: December 17, 2017 01:13PM

We're waiting .......

Date: December 17, 2017 01:14PM

Good point dagny.oops wrong place.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/17/2017 01:15PM by saucie.

Date: December 17, 2017 01:11PM

I doubt it would be much different than the bull sh!t and nonsense that goes on in any other religious private places, such as Jewish temples with the mikveh rituals and gay priests in party hats in private places.

I'm pretty sure Mormon shenanigans would pale in comparison to other religions.

Date: December 17, 2017 01:34PM

From past experience, growing up inside the Morridor I can say with certitude that many a Mormon man made whoopie with women who weren't wed to him. We're talking high church callings down.

Same for women, who at some point in their marriage/s would leave their loving temple married husbands for more excitement somewhere else.

The temple rites may be sacred and ritual. But they aren't sacrosanct.

Being on a pedestal just makes it easier for Mormons to fall off their pedestals. Perfection is unattainable. At some point they falter.

There are "good" Mormons who could still have had sex inside the temple.

We will never know.

Still something I've wondered about (what goes on, really goes on behind those closed doors.)

;-)

Date: December 17, 2017 01:26PM

Sex is sacred to Mormons, right?

Have you ever met a horny Mormon who'd restrain themselves because they're inside the temple if given an opportunity to do it?

I didn't think so.

Date: December 17, 2017 01:34PM

Amyjo Wrote:
> Sex is sacred to Mormons, right?
>
> Have you ever met a horny Mormon who'd restrain
> themselves because they're inside the temple if
> given an opportunity to do it?
>
> I didn't think so.

I didn't even answer the question and you just answered for yourself. Get ahold of yourself amy.... I know its hard using three syllable words but try .

Date: December 17, 2017 01:45PM

Get the stick out of your ass saucie.

It's blinded you to any truth.

Date: December 17, 2017 01:50PM

Amyjo Wrote:
> Get the stick out of your ass saucie.
>
> It's blinded you to any truth.

hahahahahahahhahahahaha you mean the truth that you were never a mormon? we already knew that a long time ago. Lots of people
can tell you're not and never have been. Normally we get people here who were never mormons and they tell the truth. They are
welcomed here, however you lie about it. You should'nt have done that.

Posted by: Nightingale ( )
Date: December 17, 2017 01:55PM

I don't know when people would find enough privacy to go so far outside the usual script of a temple visit.

I only attended a few times so maybe I missed something.

But. In the groups I was with we were always herded together very carefully, with observers posted at exit doors and other guides moving us inexorably forward through the rooms, according to the pre-set schedule. In fact, it was my impression (or maybe somebody even said it) that you couldn't exit back through areas you had already been through. I have quite impressive claustrophobia at times and once I had the impulse to go back out to the previous room that we had been in but that is not allowed (or that was my impression). Too many people in a small area plus the voluminous clothing (for women) and the very thought of not being able to get out combined to give me rising panic at times. I hate the feeling of being unable to get out - of whatever situation, literal or figurative.

I was never alone before the ceremony or in the change areas, celestial room or afterwards, in any areas.

Once I did escape the group scene somewhat after a session, although there were people everywhere and a missionary I knew (we had all travelled to the temple together, on his mission) and I lingered in one of the adjunct rooms (no doors, as I dimly recall, or at least they were open). He said he knew I had questions (!) and we were talking over some Mormon doctrine. A temple matron shooed us out promptly, looking outraged. There was zero intent or opportunity to engage in anything but a brief public chat.

I agree with saucie that most/many temple-goers do actually view it as sacred. Just because it doesn't seem so to outsiders does not mean it's not the case for faithful Mormons. If you believe, you respect. True enough the crazy hats and heavy veils and all the whispering at the curtains may invoke stifled giggles to the uninitiated (like me, on occasion). But lingering in a washing & anointing session or a cloistered area somewhere? Not appealing. Not sexy. Not enticing. Not really available.

Unless I was/am even more naive than even I realize.

Date: December 17, 2017 02:07PM

If you are naieve , than I am too Nighty. I'm in good company with you.

Date: December 17, 2017 02:12PM

I try not. But it must be deeply ingrained. Could be worse things to be, I guess. But it can be embarrassing...

Date: December 17, 2017 02:19PM

No worries Nighty... everyone loves you.

Date: December 17, 2017 03:20PM

Likely not.

But thank you! It's always great to hear a good word in time of need (I think that's a scripture, maybe a Proverb). Sorry. But it leapt into my head as a good reply to your comment, which is extra special after the mega-stressful week I've had. A kind word is very welcome.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: December 17, 2017 02:36PM

When I saw this thread, I momentarily thought it was contemplating not LDS temples but perhaps FLDS ones. There, involving or under the guidance of the leadership, something ritually sexual may be conceivable.

But the notion that there is hanky panky occurring in mainstream Mormon temples strikes me as highly unlikely. As has been noted, the vast majority of Mormons who attend are deeply committed believers. Some of them doubtless enjoy their solitary moments or even fornicate in the real world, but in the temple? Probably not. And when and where would short bursts of vigorous physical activity go unnoticed given the structure and organization of the temples? I can perhaps see (horror of horrors) a young BYU Boner stealing a quick wank in a corner of the changing room, but that is seriously the far end of what seems possible.

That leaves the staff, and those people are almost without exception elderly and physically dysfunctional. I really can't see it.

The temples are shrines to boredom, not sexual shenanigans. There ain't much going on in there.

Date: December 17, 2017 03:16PM

"The temples are shrines to boredom, not sexual shenanigans."

Haha. Great line.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: December 17, 2017 03:22PM

:)

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.