Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: December 19, 2017 02:59AM

It is a sort of penetratingly-cold (well...cold for US!) night in the San Fernando Valley...

...and I got to thinking about our cats (all departed from here, and all now into their "next incarnations")...and those memories brought Georgy to mind.

How goes life with your new canine family member???

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/19/2017 03:00AM by Tevai.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: December 19, 2017 02:55PM

The younger of the two tortie cats has decided that she can peacefully co-exist with him. The older one still will not come down from her bookcase until Georgy has gone to bed.

Georgy is a pleasant, benign presence who follows us from room to room, apparently considering us to be his charges. I put a folded-up old fuzzy blanket on the other end of the sofa from where I sit, and invited him to sit there, so now we share the sofa.

DH takes him out on walks, which I don't think are very nice because the weather is cold now, but the two of them don't seem to mind.

I realized that I had taken to him when I found myself sitting with an arm draped across him as we sat together on the sofa. He really is quite irresistible!

Date: December 19, 2017 03:18PM

catnip Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> I realized that I had taken to him when I found
> myself sitting with an arm draped across him as we
> sat together on the sofa. He really is quite
> irresistible!

Awwww...This is a beautiful mental picture!!

I am so glad for all of you, and I look forward to the time (which shouldn't be that long) when your older cat has come to her own acceptance of him.

Thank you for posting this update!!

:)

Posted by: Aquarius123 ( )
Date: December 20, 2017 11:01AM

Thanks for the update! I'm so glad things are working out with Georgy!

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: December 23, 2017 03:31AM

In the cooler weather, I always drape a fuzzy blanket over myself, chin to ankles, when we watch TV in the evenings. My cats have always been fond of sitting on my lap - the senior tortie claiming her position on my lap, closest to me, and the younger tortie on my elevated lower legs.

They have not done this since Georgy has been sitting next to me on the sofa.

Tonight, however, my 13-year-old, tough-as-nails tortie (Tiffany, or "Tif-Tif" as I call her) decided to be brave and hop up on my lap, keeping an eye on the slumbering Georgy. He didn't even twitch when she hopped up. I fussed over her and petted her, and she was purring like a motorcycle engine. She eventually stood down from "Dog Alert" and fell asleep on my lap.

He, being the gentleman that he is, pays virtually no attention to the cats.

I think his very brief time in the shelter made him a little nervous, and he thrives on cuddles and praise.

The behaviorists in this group may understand it better than I do, but I think there is a feedback loop: the more you love and cuddle an animal, the more freely the affection flows between the two of you. Georgy is family now.

Date: December 23, 2017 03:34AM

catnip Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Georgy is family now.

:D :D :D

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.