Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: January 01, 2018 12:25AM

Isn’t that what Joseph really wanted? And his followers? Revolution. Maybe Joe was the personification of chaos. The Che Guevara of the prairie. Flying in the face of any established order, because he could. There at the end, he was actively working to overthrow the government. We lament that his death at Carthage steeled the resolve of the saints, but imagine what could have happened if he were allowed to continue. The young country was is such a fragile state at the dawn of the civil war era, he could have pulled it off. Did the mob kill Hitler before he became Hitler?

Well, you know, we all want to change the world. You’d better free your mind instead.

Aren’t today’s Mormons against everything Joseph stood for and believed in? Joseph wasn’t order. He was chaos. Mormons are the biggest anti-Mormons. I’m not a big fan, but if Joseph were magically resurrected he would drain the swamp. Joseph’s reason for being was to upset the established order. That’s what Mormons do. It’s who they are. Anything else is anti-Mormon.

Somehow we’re made to believe that Brigham Young’s weaponization of Joseph’s creation makes it less dangerous. It’s as subversive as ever. Subversion incarnate. What other religion has temples with permission slips? It’s so satisfying to see this pestilence not get a free pass.

So, that’s my analysis as we cheer another kind of revolution, the Earths trip around the sun. She did it again. You go, girl. What other revolution do you need?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Badassadam1 ( )
Date: January 01, 2018 01:07PM

I want a revolution but everyone knows this. Me against everybody.

Posted by: deja vue ( )
Date: January 01, 2018 01:51PM

Interesting and accurate and concise points Babylon. You summed it up well. Now lets get on with finding the beauty in the Sun and the moon and the stars and leave the earthly tyrants to themselves (as much as we can).

I scarcely even look at certain people in the news. I am aware of them enough to just scroll on past them to things that I can maybe influence and enjoy. I love things that make smile and laugh. Pets and landscapes, clouds and water.

Having a great beginning to the new year.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: January 01, 2018 02:02PM

But if you want money for people with minds that hate

All I can tell is brother you have to wait

Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: January 01, 2018 02:27PM

Although we don’t really know Joseph’s inner world. Emotionally, he could have been stuck in childhood. His family loved the tales he would spin. He just found a bigger audience. What did it matter that the stories were passed off as true if it made them happy? He could have been a pure hearted person (I know that’s a reach) who thought he was helping.

He acquired power without earning it and was corrupted by it. That could be an example of why lying is bad. It corrodes your soul, which isn’t good for anybody. Millions of people are paying for Joseph’s refusal to grow up and become part of the world.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.