Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: shakinthedust ( )
Date: January 04, 2018 04:32PM

Dunno if this has been posted already, but it's interesting--the attorney describes his Mormon phase.

Roy Moore's wife reveals their 'Jewish attorney' and he's a Christian

http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2018/01/roy_moores_wife_reveals_their.html

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: LeftTheMorg ( )
Date: January 04, 2018 08:45PM

That was a good article.

Strange how Mrs. Moore (the one 14 years younger than her husband) refers to him as Jewish when he's really a Christian.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: January 04, 2018 09:30PM

He's Messianic Jewish.

Not the same thing as Jewish.

The Moore's either knew that and were feigning ignorance.

Or didn't know it because of ignorance.

Posted by: L Tom Petty ( )
Date: January 04, 2018 08:52PM

From the article:

The ceremony's masonic ritual overtones turned him against Mormonism, he said. "It was so bizarre," Wishnatsky said. "That made me realize it was a fraud."

Well he can't be all bad.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: January 04, 2018 08:56PM

Mormonism thought to be bizarre...

Who would have imagined?

Posted by: Shummy ( )
Date: January 04, 2018 09:23PM

Messianic Jews are still Jews.

Date: January 04, 2018 09:28PM

It was mentioned on the news tonight that when Moore's wife announced that their lawyer was "a Jew," she really meant their lawyer is a Messianic Jew.

If you talk to a "real Jew" they will tell you Messianic Jews are not real Jews.

A lot of Christians join Messianic Jewish congregations to call themselves "Jews." It doesn't make it so.

They are still Christian in focus.

Date: January 04, 2018 10:15PM

Moore's attorney was a former Jew who converted to Christianity via Messianic Judaism.

He is the prototype of an actual Messianic Jew ie, a former Jew who accepts and believes in Yeshua, the Christ.

Wishnatsky, 73, said that he was born July 13, 1944, grew up in Asbury Park, N.J., attended Hebrew school at a Conservative synagogue and went through a bar mitzvah, but he considered his family secular, ethnic Jews, who were not very religious.

"My background is 100 percent Jewish," he said. "My grandparents immigrated from Eastern Europe, and came through Ellis Island. My parents were born in Brooklyn during World War I. There were no manifestations of faith; we were Jewish, that's why we went to synagogue and not a church. It was just an ethnic characteristic."

But Wishnatsky said he accepted Christ in his thirties. "I had an experience of the reality of God at 33," Wishnatsky said. "I knew God was real but I wasn't sure who he was."

He became a Mormon first, then later became an evangelical Protestant Christian.

"I'm a Messianic Jew," Wishnatsky said. "That's the term they use for a Jewish person who has accepted Christ."

http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2018/01/roy_moores_wife_reveals_their.html

Where I attended a Messianic synagogue for some years there were app 90% Christian converts to Messianic Judaism and less than 10% Jews who'd crossed over.

Someone who'd retired to Las Vegas from there told me when she came back to visit that in Las Vegas Messianic Jews account for app 90% of the congregants v. 10% Christian converts to Messianic Judaism.

It's the reverse in Vegas.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.