Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: tumwater ( )
Date: January 07, 2018 01:28PM

Robert Kirby's column today is up to his usual high standards, however the comments, especially from Jean Joseph have made todays column absolutely the best, it is a riot.

http://www.sltrib.com/opinion/kirby/2018/01/07/kirby-if-god-picks-me-to-be-the-next-mormon-prophet-heres-what-i-will-do/

Comments:

http://www.sltrib.com/opinion/kirby/2018/01/07/kirby-if-god-picks-me-to-be-the-next-mormon-prophet-heres-what-i-will-do/comments/#disqus_thread

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/07/2018 01:29PM by tumwater.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: memikeyounot ( )
Date: January 07, 2018 01:35PM

As always, very entertaining and spot on. I do love the comments where Jean Joseph just won't let go that Kirby's not funny. Why do people like that waste their time?

Posted by: adoylelb ( )
Date: January 07, 2018 03:58PM

Normally, I'd block someone like Jean Joseph, but those comments are too entertaining.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: January 07, 2018 05:47PM

Robert enjoys his detractors.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: January 08, 2018 12:13AM

"That stick up your butt. Pull it out."

That was a great column. Kirby for president!!!

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: January 08, 2018 11:11AM

Haha. "Can there any good thing come out of Barstow?"

Yes. Me (of course) and Kirby.

When we were in high school, my family did a lot of things with the Kirby family while their dad was deployed to Nam. He and my brother and a couple other kids in the ward were really good friends. But my boyfriend's father would throw a fit when he would hang around with "that Kirby kid," the supposed bad influence. My father didn't mind my brother being friends with Robert--he had a great family and I think my dad was amused by him. You know, things like blowing cannon balls through your mom's wall and stuff like that.

I ended up marrying the high school boyfriend. HE was the one everyone's dad should have been telling their kids to stay away from. Guess which one turned out to be a narcissistic, abusive, perverted molesting sociopath? Not "the Kirby kid."

And we are all still amused by Robert and proud to claim him as a former Barstowite. Well, that's when we have to admit ourselves that we are former Barstowites.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.