Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: January 11, 2018 09:12AM

We found our way OUT of the maze and labyrinth of the Mormon cult.

That is pretty damn amazing and awesome IMHO to be able to say and mean it.

Cheers and bravo to all!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/11/2018 10:02AM by Amyjo.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: iris ( )
Date: January 11, 2018 09:48AM

I appreciate every day being out of the cult!

Date: January 11, 2018 10:12AM

Same here, I hear ya. It's a hard won freedom. As a former Mormon I felt imprisoned and powerless, because that's how it programmed us to be so we'd be dependent on the cult for life.

Unless that cycle gets broken that's what keeps it in business.

My rebel spirit saved me, eventually.

:)

Posted by: sparty ( )
Date: January 11, 2018 10:10AM

For 12 years, I was just inactive. I had been content to just slip off the radar and let them forget about me. I'd say about once a month, though, I had a recurring dream that I went back to church (the reason was always different) - each time I would catch myself thinking "they just forgot about me, and now it'll be hard to start over again..." I was nervous to submit my resignation, but it seriously lifted a weight I hadn't even realized I was carrying around. I don't have to sneak around anymore, afraid that they might find me. I was mentally out for 12 years, but being officially out feels more liberating than I could have imagined it would.

Date: January 11, 2018 10:20AM

I used to have reoccurring dreams of being in church. They typically ended with me trying to find the exit door. Then once I'd get outside something would cause me to go back in - the hallways, classrooms, chapel, gymnasium with its stage.

By the time the dream would end it felt like I had a total workout!

The longer I've been out the more I know it was the right decision. Hail to freedom of conscience!

Date: January 11, 2018 11:45AM

When I stop to think about it, many of those recurring dreams of church were spent running in circles, without really getting anywhere. Sounds reminiscent of those repetitive meetings, much?

:)

Posted by: valkyriequeen ( )
Date: January 11, 2018 10:24AM

"And the truth shall make you free". The moment I realized that the church was all a fraud, this is the first thing that came to my mind, and I've felt like this applies not only to me and my family, but to everyone who has been able to wake up.

Date: January 11, 2018 11:40AM

The Mormon cult could not have planned for this. How carefully we were prepared to be good lifetime stewards to carry on it's monetizing. While instilling in us the virtues of seeking after truth and to practice honesty in all our dealings.

It isn't a failure of character why Mormons find their way out. It's an attribute not a folly when someone can exercise the ability to reason things out and think for ourselves.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/11/2018 12:18PM by Amyjo.

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: January 11, 2018 07:04PM

Nice thought. Lost. Found . . .

I once considered myself "found." Then I became a lost sheep. Being lost I had to wander and find a way to survive on my own. Now I'm not lost or found. I'm just exploring and navigating and fascinated by the changing world and always, always trying to find something really good to eat that pairs well with my favorite wine.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.