Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: JessUpNorth93 ( )
Date: January 14, 2018 05:26PM

Not really anything exciting, but as some of you know I come from a small town in northern Canada. I go to a Mennonite church, and low and behold - this morning I see one of the childern of the current local LDS bishop in church. This person is an endowed RM who I’m sure would have a pretty cushy life staying Mormon and and easy time finding someone to be married to in the temple. And apparently this child has been coming on and off for a couple months. This child comes from an ultra TBM family from the morridor and I’m pretty sure comes from a long line of Mormons. I’ve only known two people to leave the church, but seeing them this morning got me a little bit excited. Are their lots of childern of church leaders leaving?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Liz ( )
Date: January 14, 2018 05:53PM

Perhaps he is there to conver your congregation or at least invite some to the LDS meetings!

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: January 14, 2018 05:53PM

This thought came up: how accepting of gays is your church?

But then came this thought, could he be courting a member of your church and exchanging visits is part of their dating?

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: January 14, 2018 08:08PM

My Occam's Razor analysis: He is dissatisfied with LDS, for some reason(s), which could be personal, familial, social, historical, or theological--or some combination of such. Yet he still has belief in God, and is looking for (or has found) a suitable alternative.

God bless him!

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: January 15, 2018 04:42AM

I concur with Caffiend.

He's exploring other faiths due to personal conflicts or dissatisfaction for TSCC.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.