Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: mightybuffalo ( )
Date: January 17, 2018 11:45PM

Haha I was reading an old page:

http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,747103,747275

It reminded me of all the crazy PB stories that would pass from missionary to missionary and YM to YM.

I must've heard at least 15 different times that someone knew someone who knew someone who's PB said they would be alive for the second coming.

One of my companion's PB said his best friend would introduce him to his wife-- pretty specific right? Well he randomly met his wife when they were assigned FHE mom and dad at BYU. Same guy also had a detailed conversion story of how he would meet teach and baptize a family behind a specific door he felt prompted to knock on. Never did it. He must not have followed a prompting to knock on the right door! Actually, he was somewhat of a legend in our mission because every one of his companions knew that at least 3-5 times a day he would ask to pull the car over randomly to knock on some poor stranger's door.

Oh the stories. And to think, my granpappy was a patriarch, ordained by Tommy M. Wonder what blessings he used to give.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.