Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: koriwhore ( )
Date: January 14, 2018 04:52PM

If so, how?

Why do you sing Joseph Smith's Praises, knowing he married his followers wives?

Knowing there is no theological, scriptural, legal, moral, ethical, honest justification for that perverted practice, unique to MORmONism.

The BEST they can do is excuse it by claiming:

a. God told him to do that.

Where is that written? It's not. That's a lie. How are you going to blame a man's adultery on God?
I can tell you where in God's commandments are written, which cover this kind of thing, cuckolding your follower's by marrying (aka, having sex with) their wives, in case you're wondering. The 10 commandments. 2 of them. 1/5th of them. Don't covet your neighbor's wife and don't commit adultery with her. And it's covered in the Law of the Priesthood, D&C 132:61 in 5 different ways. He violated all 5. So did Brigham Young. Making them what? Adulterers. And we all know what happens to adulterers, right? God was pretty clear about that. But you ignore this why?

b. I KNOW Joseph Smith didn't do that!

Well then the Mormon Church's own white paper on the subject, published on LDS.org is a complete lie. Is that your claim? That your leaders are liars? We might agree upon that.

c. What about....

1. Abraham?

Instead of doing the right and legal thing and divorcing his wife and marrying a single woman before making babies with her, he went ahead and made a concubine of his maid? That was barbaric, against the law and an abomination before God, like it says in the Book of Mormon and you want to use a barbarians behavior for modern sexual behavior? Wow. That's sick.

2. King David.

Seriously? He did one of the most immoral things any human could do. He got a hard on for another guy's wife when he saw her getting out of a bath, and sent her husband off to fight on the front lines of a barbaric battle, knowing it would get him killed, just so he could fuck the guy's wife. Nice. If you're using King David for a moral guide, stay the fuck away from me and my wife!

d. He did it to save the poor women from their horrible, unworthy husbands.

Really? Henry Jacobs served 8 missions for the church, while both Joseph, then Brigham Young stayed behind to make babies with his wife. You'd think you'd have some compassion for a fellow Mormon who had his life destroyed, just so Brigham could make wife #69 out of the love of Henry's life. And stole his children while he was at it.
You'd think if he was unworthy to have his wife and children to himself, they wouldn't send the guy on 8 missions.

e. He had a higher priesthood, so it was justified.

Where is that written? That's a lie. I can tell you where it's written, 7 different times in the scriptures, which prohibit that practice in 7 different ways, twice in the 10 commandments and 5 times in the Law of the Priesthood, just one verse, D&C 132:61. You should really read it.

f. He didn't have sex with them, so it was justified.

Where is that loophole written?
"Do not covet your neighbor's wife, unless you don't actually have sex with her."? It's not.

That's a lie. I can tell you where it's written, 7 different times in the scriptures, which prohibit that practice in 7 different ways, twice in the 10 commandments and 5 times in the Law of the Priesthood, just one verse, D&C 132:61. You should really read it.

g. God commanded it at that time.

Where is that written? It's not. That's a lie. Where did God command anybody, anywhere to make babies with their neighbor's wife? Nowhere. In fact, that's adultery, written all over the scriptures. It's against the law anywhere it was ever practiced in Western Civilization.

And you sing Praise to the Man to this man why?

If Mormons don't know about the real life of Joseph Smith and Brigham Young, 20years into the Google Age, why?

Because they've all been brainwashed to believe EVERYbody else is lying, except Mormons, and even some of them are lying, like Todd Compton and the church itself?

Mormons lie by omission every day they send out their army of missionaries to sell Joseph's Myth and omitting the well established fact that he married 11 of his follower's wives and another 11 of their teenage daughters as young as 14. Not only do they omit that fact, they will do anything to shut you up about that fact as soon as you bring it up.

Not only are Mormons these days liars, they're delusional in my experience, abusive bullies.

want proof?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/14/2018 04:54PM by koriwhore.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: paisley70 ( )
Date: January 15, 2018 12:05PM

Unfortunately for those still in the LDS church, they will never know the true history of the church until they are exiting the church.

Until then, it is ridiculously difficult for them to disrobe their Teflon bodysuit!

Posted by: bona dea ( )
Date: January 15, 2018 03:08PM

Exactly. They will say that those things are anti Mormon lies because that is what they think.If theyndo know they are true, they will say that it is God's will

Date: January 15, 2018 03:48PM

bona dea Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Exactly. They will say that those things are anti
> Mormon lies because that is what they think.If
> theyndo know they are true, they will say that it
> is God's will

I actually had this exact conversation with my Nazi TBM MIL.
After telling her that Joseph Smith married his follower's wives she said, "That's a damned lie!"

I said, "No it's not. It's all in a book called In Sacred Loneliness, written by a Mormon scholar in good standing with the church and very well documented. Not even the Mormon apologists can deny it, when they are paid to come up with excuses for unflattering information about Mormonism. I did the research myself on LDS.org's geneological website. Sure enough, it's all there. Both Brigham Young and Joseph Smith married their follower's wives after sending them off on overseas missions. There is no excuse for that kind of behavior is there?"

She said, "I don't care if Joseph Smith stood on his head and stacked BB's! Whatever he did was between him and God!"

I said, "What about the victims? What about Henry Jacobs who had his wife and kids stolen from him by not one, but two successive men who claimed to be prophets? Wasn't what Joseph did to him and his wife between them and Joseph and not just between Joseph and God?"

She couldn't answer that one.

I said, "How would you like it if I said God told me to screw around on your daughter with my neighbor's wife?"

She didn't like where that line of questioning was going.

I said, "How is your excuse for Joseph screwing his follower's wives any more valid than a Fundamentalist Mormon excusing Warren Jeffs for screwing his follower's teenage daughters?"

She told me the discussion was over.

Then she called my Bishop and the Area Authority to answer my questions for me. They stopped by a few days later.

I asked them how they justified Joseph screwing his follower's wives. The Area Authority told me, "Polygamy has always been an anathema to Mormon women."

I said, "Why just women? If it's an anathema, shouldn't it be an anathema to Mormon men too?"

He told me he never agreed with it and how his GGGma fought for women's suffrage in Utah, yada, yada, yada, but the real reason I believe the church is true is because when I go to the temple, it gives me the feeling that I will be reunited with my loved ones in the next life and I will get a 2nd chance to get it right.

I told him that I didn't need that. That knowing I have one shot to get it right motivates me to get it right here and right now. But that there was one aspect of Mormonism I believed in more than him.

He asked me, "What's that?"

I said, "The 11th Article of Faith. Know that one?"

He said he didn't have them memorized.

I told him it's the one that says "We claim the privilege of worshiping Almighty God according to the dictates of our conscience, and allow all men the same privilege, let them worship how, where, or what they may."

He said that he had no desire to tell me how, where or what to worship.

I asked him, "Then what was the purpose of you coming here?"

He said, "To answer your questions."

I said, "But you didn't answer my first question. You just changed the subject."

My Bishop chimed in to say that they didn't come over there to get into a big contentious argument.

I told him I wasn't arguing, just asking questions that they were avoiding at all costs.

We agreed to respect one another's right to believe whatever we wanted to believe.

I sent in my resignation after my Bishop violated that agreement by telling me it was fine for me to harbor these kinds of doubts, but that if I shared them with my wife or kids he'd be forced to excommunicate me.

Posted by: Soft Machine ( )
Date: January 15, 2018 03:48PM

How very culty...

Date: January 15, 2018 03:50PM

Wrong place sorry

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/15/2018 03:50PM by Soft Machine.

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: January 15, 2018 01:28PM

Sure.

"Why do I sing those praises? Because I'm a Mormon and that's what we do!"

And that would be an honest answer. No excuse needed.

Date: January 15, 2018 01:37PM

NormaRae Wrote:
> Sure.
>
> "Why do I sing those praises? Because I'm a Mormon
> and that's what we do!"
>
> And that would be an honest answer. No excuse
> needed.
Its lying by omitting how they reconcile singing the praises of a man, knowing he 'married' his followers wives when that practice is clearly condemned as adultery twice in the 10 Commandments and 5 times in the Law of the Priesthood.

Posted by: pugsly ( )
Date: January 15, 2018 01:42PM

My parents did not believe anything bad about JS. They both screamed and or hissed "THOSE ARE VICIOUS LIES"
Freaks.

Date: January 15, 2018 02:22PM

pugsly Wrote:
> My parents did not believe anything bad about JS.
> They both screamed and or hissed "THOSE ARE
> VICIOUS LIES"
> Freaks.
So the Mormon Church quit lying by ommission after 170years and now they are publishing 'vicious lies'?
Wait, what?

Date: January 15, 2018 03:52PM

Thanks, Koriwhore, that was all finely argued :-)

Posted by: jc not logged in ( )
Date: January 15, 2018 04:10PM

"...but that if I shared them with my wife or kids he'd be forced to excommunicate me."

I would love to respond: Isn't it interesting that in this church if you tell the truth you'll be forced to excommunicate me, but yet your temple recommend interview requires that I must be honest with my fellowman to be worthy to enter the temple.

So if I'm honest bishop, you'll excommunicate me?

Well bishop, what is your definition of being honest?

Then I'd open up Gospel Principles manual to chapter 31 on "Honesty" and tell him that part of the definition of lying is that it is Satan that wants us not to tell the whole truth and the manual (which is the bedrock teaching document for the principles of the church, i.e. the doctrine) states that the Lord is not pleased when we hide the truth when it is to our (that would be LDS Inc.'s) advantage.

Posted by: jacob ( )
Date: January 15, 2018 08:08PM

The brainwashed don’t lie, they parrot. In addition because of your perspective it is a real question but from the perspective of a TBM the question is bogus. A TBM would consider your qualification; "Knowing there is no theological, scriptural, legal, moral, ethical, honest justification for that perverted practice, unique to MORmONism" presumptive.

Lastly, even if they gave an honest, to them, answer you would reject it as dishonest. So while I agree with you that Joseph Smith was an asshole, I don't think you pose a real question.

Date: January 15, 2018 08:45PM

jacob Wrote:
> The brainwashed don’t lie, they parrot. In
> addition because of your perspective it is a real
> question but from the perspective of a TBM the
> question is bogus. A TBM would consider your
> qualification; "Knowing there is no theological,
> scriptural, legal, moral, ethical, honest
> justification for that perverted practice, unique
> to MORmONism" presumptive.
>
> Lastly, even if they gave an honest, to them,
> answer you would reject it as dishonest. So while
> I agree with you that Joseph Smith was an asshole,
> I don't think you pose a real question.

So how would you ask the question?

How do you reconcile your faith in Joseph Smith as a prophet with the fact that he 'married' his follower's wives, when that violates every law ever written governing marriage, including the one he claimed he got straight from God?

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: January 18, 2018 09:13AM

It astonishes me how many people truly love Joseph Smith.
My son called me back after hanging up on me and told me to NEVER disrespect his prophet (even Joseph Smith).

Then he shunned us.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.