Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: bert ( )
Date: January 18, 2018 04:36PM

Some years ago my father worked with a nurse who related a story to him. On the night shift at LDS hospital an emergency comes in. Turns out it is one of the twelve. Extremely sweaty and hyperventilating.

Hysterically yelling at people around him "I know it's fake!" "I know it's all a lie!" "Just fake! All of it!"

Now the other day I saw Old Deiter's face and he didn't look so much as pissed as he did perplexed.

I wonder if he gets it now and is seen as a threat to the stability of the fraud?

The twelve can't do very much but live opulant lives. If they speak up they'll be seen for who they really are and what LDS really is.

Think of it this way. You've gotten away with the biggest bank heist in history but you can't spend a dime.

I think old Deiter knows more than he lets on and I think he's seen as threat.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: CateS ( )
Date: January 18, 2018 04:51PM

You are the second person to make this observation.

I wish I could see it for myself. But there is no way I'm watching an hour and a half of that crap.

Even 2x speed on Youtube, I couldn't endure more than 10 minutes.

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: January 18, 2018 07:28PM

Some people believe David O. McKay got a gentle boost into the hereafter by Hinckly and Monson.

I hope nothing ominous befalls Deiter.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: January 19, 2018 03:15PM

David O. McKay remains the most beloved president of the Mormon church in my lifetime. He humanized the church during his reign as president. Even then, among my grade school peers we would talk about his giving his apostles each a brand new Cadillac. And while he was prophet they were earning at that time in the neighborhood of $60,000 per annum. For late 1960's/early 1970's, that was a mega fortune for anyone to be earning. They were considered super rich. It didn't dawn on us fourth graders it was our parents tithing that was paying for their salaries. It was ridiculous how rich they were in comparison to our farming community, in the heart of the Morridor.

Posted by: Elder Fartinson ( )
Date: January 19, 2018 04:38PM

Lol..that was a tongue in cheek comment Kathleen...nice one. Loved it.

Posted by: unbelievable2 ( )
Date: January 18, 2018 11:51PM

If he came out of the closet they might all be facing real prison time. But in their deception they are trapped in mental prisons which will be a huge problem come Judgment Day.

Posted by: paintingnotloggedin ( )
Date: January 19, 2018 04:14PM

leaders of other religions don't go to prison or act afraid of saying their God wants this or that prayer book, clothes, buildings, music whatever. I don't understand why one set of religious leaders administrators would be breaking laws acting out their religion. Please explain how persons employed by a church can be rule breakers? Its a paradox, isn't it. So these religious leaders hierarchy is not just a cult, but someone breaking laws living their weird religion I'm not clear on it. They are cult leaders, is that illegal? I think they arrested one in Oregon In the last several decades his Bagwan something, his followers worshipped him. He drove great cars too come to think of it. How do they pull this off, how can folks bows down to --- oh, I get it. It should be illegal lol But, IS it? Do you have any legal codes to reference? Wow how did they get the guy in Oregon? IS this a tangential legal way of stopping a group without directly addressing their conduct? Like group collaboration uh what is that, uh gang laws, uh associating with felons no, something like forced collaboration among corporations disallowing competition it has a world umm used to prosecute big crime syndicates. Would that work here?

Posted by: False Doctrine ( )
Date: January 19, 2018 11:51AM

I wish you had more details on the hospital situation.

Posted by: bert ( )
Date: January 19, 2018 12:30PM

Occured in 1974. At LDS hospital. That' all I know.

Posted by: reinventinggrace ( )
Date: January 19, 2018 01:55PM

Warning: topic drift

"Occured in 1974."
Anyone up for a game of Clue? Here's the list of candidates.

https://ldsminds.com/first-presidency-and-quorum-of-the-twelve-apostles-1974/

Which of these guys would have been such a true believer that he would have come unglued when he learned it was made up?

You can still watch the video tapes of conference, and see if any of them looked earnest in 1973 and faked their testimony in 1975...
https://www.lds.org/general-conference/1973/10?lang=eng
https://www.lds.org/general-conference/1975/04/?lang=eng

(Also, I might add, McConkie's eyeglasses looked horribly dated in the 1990s and 2000s, but now they're definitely back in style!)

RG

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/19/2018 01:59PM by reinventinggrace.

Posted by: angela ( )
Date: January 19, 2018 01:59PM

McConkie is my guess.

Way before my time as LDS, and many of them where gone when I joined

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/19/2018 02:01PM by angela.

Posted by: East Coast Exmo ( )
Date: January 19, 2018 02:04PM

McConkie had an ego the size of the solar system. He loved the power he got from being an apostle.

A crisis of conscience is hard to have if you don't have a conscience.

Date: January 19, 2018 02:00PM

Hugh B. Brown? He seemed more honest than most.

Posted by: Levi ( )
Date: January 19, 2018 02:22PM

Incidentally, with monsoons death, that ends this crew!

All dead!

Bingo! (Widows yelling here)

Posted by: C2NR ( )
Date: January 19, 2018 02:04PM

The last member of the 1st presidency to be demoted back into the 12 was also more liberal and progressive than his peers. Hugh B. Brown was ahead of his time compared to the rest of the quorum. He was pushing for the removal of the priesthood ban for blacks long before it happened. That didn't go over well with the likes of Ezra T. Benson and Mark E. Peterson.

So, there you have it. If a GA tries to be progressive there will be consequences.

Date: January 19, 2018 03:09PM

There was an institute teacher at the two-year college I attended in Northern Idaho who was vanquished there by Salt Lake City in order to depose him and to make sure he was never going to be anything more than an institute teacher because of his frankness and openness about teaching "gospel doctrine."

He was beloved by the students. Salt Lake City found him to be very threatening in its hall of power. So they removed him as far away from the center of gravity as they could so he would not step on any toes or encroach upon their comfort zones within Temple Square vicinity.

It was the first sign I'd heard of discord by the elders of Zion in their territorial scratch and claw their way to the top. As a young undergrad, I just checked that at the door because I was an active TBM and accepted whatever we were spoonfed. The institute teacher was regarded as potentially a rogue rebel, which was why he was supposedly vanquished to Northern Idaho when he was to be in charge of the campus institute.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/19/2018 05:01PM by Amyjo.

Posted by: waunderdog ( )
Date: January 19, 2018 03:10PM

bert Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Some years ago my father worked with a nurse who
> related a story to him...

Ah, someone said they saw something. I guess it must be true, then. (Catch the irony?)

Date: January 19, 2018 04:09PM

waunderdog Wrote:
> bert Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Some years ago my father worked with a nurse
> who
> > related a story to him...
>
> Ah, someone said they saw something. I guess it
> must be true, then. (Catch the irony?)

Exmo version of " 'faith' promoting rumor"..

Date: January 19, 2018 04:16PM

The difference is that we realize this is just rumor and speculation.

We don't base our faith/lifestyle/eternal salvation on it.

Date: January 19, 2018 04:29PM

East Coast Exmo Wrote:
> The difference is that we realize this is just
> rumor and speculation.
>
> We don't base our faith/lifestyle/eternal
> salvation on it.

That is why I put 'faith' in single quotes.

But I bet there are some exmos who want.it.so.bad.to.be.true. because it validates some ideas held amongst some exmos.

Date: January 19, 2018 04:33PM

Sorry, it wasn't meant to be a criticism. I was agreeing with you and supplementing your reply to waunderdog.

And I agree with this one as well!

Posted by: Bert ( )
Date: January 19, 2018 04:36PM

Ah, someone said they saw something. I guess it must be true, then. (Catch the irony?) - waunderdog I take it you are not from Utah.

Allow me here to explain something about us non Mo Utahn's.

The Mo's look down on us like we are almost dirt. We pay particular attention to the "Leadership" of the KLAN more commonly refer d to as The Mormons.

When a high profile Mo gets caught sleeping with 3 year olds or gets duped or duped someone else out of money. Or if something happens to "Mormon Royalty" here in Utah we pay close attention.

In addition in 1974 the population of Utah was in the 600-700 thousand range. Sounds odd but you knew someone within 6 degrees almos always.

So yeah I believe the story and that it happened around 1974.

Posted by: Bert ( )
Date: January 20, 2018 06:55AM

I think he has had enough of the b.s. And now realizes for his own sanity he should get out. I also think he has threatened to go public or, unlike all the Mormons I know, has a moral compass that is acutely pushing him to be honest.

If there are two things Mormons don't like. It's honesty, and the truth.

Date: January 20, 2018 07:11AM

He's doesn't do the coverup as well as some of the others, eh?

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: January 20, 2018 08:49AM

I think that Nelson simply wanted someone from the more conservative camp, along with someone that he was personally more in tune with. It's a bonus for him that Oaks is next in line for succession, making for a very smooth transition.

Uchtdorf is younger, has less experience, and is perceived as being on the more liberal side of things. It's not a surprise to me that Nelson went for Oaks instead. I don't think it was a huge surprise to Uchtdorf, either.

Here's a good graphic showing the succession order:

http://www.threestory.com/apostles/

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.