Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Crazy horse ( )
Date: January 20, 2018 06:23PM

Hi just wandering why the Mormon church needs prophets for?Mormons worship them and I really can't stand when they talk,all I heard in general conference was a lot of bragging and lying

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: January 20, 2018 07:16PM

There is no god, so they have a man stand in, and they worship him.

Posted by: Badassadam1 ( )
Date: January 20, 2018 07:47PM

This

Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: January 20, 2018 07:23PM

Good question because they never prophesy anthing.... I could be

wrong but I sure don't remember anything unless it was when

they said Negro's could now recieve the priesthood and I found

out later it was because there was a temple being built in

Brazil I think and there were alot of mixed race and black

people there.... so they wanted to tap the ole tithing money

so all of a sudden its ok to be black in the mormon church
Money is green, no matter who spends it. Right?

Posted by: PDX ( )
Date: January 20, 2018 11:08PM

I think the primary reason they gave blacks the priesthood is because there was an outcry from a number of institutions about the racist policies of the Mormon Church. And as I recall, Molotov coctails were actually thrown in Laramie, Wyoming, when BYU was playing a basketball game there. And Stanford University had canceled current and future athletic competitions with BYU athletic teams. The Church changed their policy to try to get ahead of this discrimination policy by the LDS Church.

Date: January 20, 2018 11:22PM

I googled this and it was actually Colorado State Univerity in Fort Collins, CO, where the molotov cocktail was thrown during a BYU game. At the University of Wyoming, bottles and other items were thrown to protect the LDS Church racists policies. Other universities, during the late 60's and early 70's said they no longer wanted to play BYU because of the Church's racist policies. Walla - a revelation - blacks could now hold the priesthood. God moves in mysterious ways!

Date: January 20, 2018 11:25PM

I meant protest not protect. (I don't post often and need to do a better job of proofing before I hit "post".) Sorry for the incorrect post.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: January 20, 2018 07:34PM

Apparently there are prophets of ghawd, like Joseph H. Smith, Jr. (Joseph H. SMITH!!), and then there are corporate, ladder-climbing prophets such as those who occupy the lofty realm of mormon church leadership.

From cursory review of the record, prophets of ghawd were earthy people, wrestlers, carnival hucksters, loud laughers and lusty to a fault.

Corporate prophets, not so much, but they know where to buy great looking suits.

Probably if we sat down and worried at it, we could come up with lists for each type, in terms of their strengths and their weaknesses. But one thing seems to be certain: if you don't really believe hard in a prophet, there's nothing special about him. Or her...

And then there's the fact that some people refuse (and I don't know why) to be in awe of anyone, living or dead.

Posted by: Badassadam1 ( )
Date: January 20, 2018 07:49PM

F#ck those suits.

Posted by: mikemitchell ( )
Date: January 20, 2018 07:41PM

Mormon prophets are just props for the illusion.

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: January 20, 2018 07:50PM

Jesus -the greatest religion hater ever, needs religion about like electricity needs the electric power utility distribution network companies -He does not at all !!!! People need electricity so they create the power companies just like they create churches, and then claim that God has some need for religion in order to justify themselves even as God has no such need at all.

Yah, why do MORmONS need MORmON prophets when MORmON prophets have NEVER had a legit prophecy YET !!!! But MORmON prophets endlessly blabber on about how needed that they supposedly are. once again who really has the need ???? kind of like when they say "you" need to go on a mission. "You" need to pay tithing, "You" need to attend church, and they really mean that they need you to do that stuff for them.

What does the MORmON church need prophets for? -Profits !!!!!because it is really the MOReMONey church!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7BR3QTZXSI

Posted by: Crazy horse ( )
Date: January 20, 2018 11:55PM

Thank you " missionaries always bragged about the prophets and I see them as old rich men who want to control more people! One of them said what do converts need 1. A friend someone to befriend them,2, a calling and 3,every convert needs to read the book of Mormon, they don't read the bible I don't think

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: January 20, 2018 11:58PM

What's a prophet ?

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: January 20, 2018 11:58PM

the U of Washington also let them hear about the way we saw things..

(Regarding BYU)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/21/2018 12:09AM by GNPE.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.