Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: koriwhore ( )
Date: January 22, 2018 04:16PM

We were getting ready to go wine tasting in the Willamette Valley when ExMo Atheist sister's Bishop showed up to her door with fresh scrubbed missionary in tow. I told her, "I got this."
I explained that I was her Brother and that she didn't believe in Mormonism anymore. He asked if I'd heard the whole sales pitch about Mormonism. I said I had but that I had a few questions that I was never able to get answered honestly. He assured me that he could answer any questions I had about Mormonism honestly.
I asked him why he continued singing the praises of Joseph Smith after the church had published the fact he married his follower's wives, which is and was not only against the law, but a complete violation of common human decency and the law of the Priesthood, which Joseph claimed to have received straight from God himself?
He asked where I got that information. I told him, straight off the LDS.org website, a paper called, "Plural Marriage in Kirtland and Nauvoo" which referenced a book called, "In Sacred Loneliness" by Todd Compton, a Mormon scholar in good standing with the Mormon church.
I asked if he was aware of that information. He told me he was not. I said, "Huh, that's funny. It's been on the website for over a year and you're completely unaware of what it has to say? Am I the first one to ask this question?
He said I was and acted like it was of no concern to him.
I said, "I just really wonder how anybody could sing the praises of a man who abused his authority to exploit his followers by having sex with their wives?"
He never answered, but pretended to have another appointment and had to run.
My sister and BIL laughed their asses off about that whole exchange.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: deja vue ( )
Date: January 22, 2018 04:33PM

Job well done. Though your telling of it is delightful, I wish you would have had your sister/brother in law video the exchange. lol

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: January 22, 2018 04:57PM

video of MORmONS getting taken apart on MORmON doctUrine is always good .....some better than others, but it is not possible to have unless it is made/ taken, but it is always good. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36B-c58_WPo

Posted by: hello ( )
Date: January 22, 2018 10:16PM

"Praise to the Man Who Communed With Marinda"...

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.