Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: animatheist ( )
Date: January 27, 2018 06:32PM

With the Josh Weed thing coming to light, I figure this article also needs to be posting, as to show the perspectives and comments from the gay community. Feel sorry for the wife, yes, but let's just say we're more vindictive when it comes to guys like him.

http://www.joemygod.com/2018/01/27/gay-opposite-married-mormon-ex-gay-torture-therapist-announces-divorce-hes-totally-gay/

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: January 28, 2018 01:43PM

And when he says million word blog--YES, Oh my, too long.

Date: January 29, 2018 02:20PM

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: January 29, 2018 03:47PM

Thanks. Interesting to read the blog and especially the comments after. The world at large and the gay community are not ready to just let him off the hook without a thorough reckoning. I found much of his apology self centered and to be an attempt to control the damage, rather than sincerely try to undo the damage. "I didn't mean to" just doesn't cut it.

He was a Judas Goat. By going to church still, he continues to be the same. I want people like Josh to stop ripping hope from the gay Mormon kids. Now. Sometimes hope is all they have to cling to.

Date: January 29, 2018 03:58PM

I don't know about her, what empathy I should or shouldn't have. When I found out that my ex is gay, it as 1983. I had NOBODY to ask. I was told not to talk to anyone about it and especially not my parents. For MONTHS I didn't tell anyone. I was a mess, suicidal the entire time. I finally told 2 TBMs and they did eventually tell me to marry him. I was told he was damned unless he changed to straight. They didn't offer me any help. Sent him to therapy LDS SS, and I was just supposed to be okay. Then when I was depressed, the bishop told me I probably had PMS. It was actually something new at the time. PMS!!!!!!!!!!! How offensive.

Anyway, there was a lot more info out there when the Weeds came out and many people told them they were incorrect.

Carol Lynn Pearson's book came out 2 years after I got married. Talk about eye-opening, talk about relief that someone else got it.

Most people I've said anything to are angry about the Weeds.

Like you said--HOPE! All I wanted was hope. Hope that he was not damned. Hope that he would be okay. The LDS never offered me any hope.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/29/2018 03:59PM by cl2.

Posted by: You Too? ( )
Date: January 29, 2018 04:34PM

Cornell West said asking forgiveness is a process, not a sentence.

Or in Weed's case, lots and lots of sentences.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.