Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: tamboruco ( )
Date: February 01, 2018 12:21PM

Name
Street
City State Zip
DOB: mm/dd/yyyy
Membership number:
Ward:
Mission:
Email:

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
Membership Department
50 E North Temple
SLC UT 84150
Email: msr-confrec@ldschurch.org

Date: mm/dd/yyyy

Subject: Resignation of membership

To whom it may concern,
I choose to resign my membership in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and hereby relinquish all ordinances, endowments, responsibilities and privileges effective immediately. Further, I request permanent removal of my name from membership records. I ask that you accept this letter as my official notice of resignation.

I wish no contact from church representatives except to confirm that my name has been removed from membership records. All contact is to be made via email or by regular mail. I expect to receive confirmation of membership removal within a reasonably short period of time. My decision to resign is firm and binding.

While I appreciate what the church does in terms of humanitarian efforts; I do not accept, believe in, respect or have any confidence whatsoever in church founder Joseph Smith, Jr. whom I consider to be a fraud and pedophile. I regard those individuals that currently lead the church to be charlatans and frauds because they continue to perpetuate falsehoods born out of the founding of the church. Please execute my resignation request posthaste.

I appreciate your assistance in dissolving my membership.

Regards,

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Badassadam1 ( )
Date: February 01, 2018 12:31PM

I think i should copy and paste this or write this down. I might officially resign in the next few days.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: February 01, 2018 12:55PM

I'd just use the letter from http://exmormon.org/remove.htm . It's already been vetted. It probably won't matter, but winging it on composing a legal document is asking for trouble, and there's no need. There's already a done doc.

Suggestions:
Replace choose with "hereby", or "This is my resignation from"

You will still be in their database, no matter what you demand, at least in the US. Your demand has no legal teeth, though it doesn't hurt anything.

Telling them to contact you by mail or email is good. They ignore blanket declarations of no contact as part of the resignation. They have a right to contact you. You do have the right to specify how they can contact you, which you did. That should work.

Third paragraph is completely irrelevant, but I suppose it makes you feel better. Generally, keep legal documents as short as possible while still getting the job done. Nixon's resignation is a single sentence.

Posted by: Rameumptom ( )
Date: February 01, 2018 01:21PM

Agree with Brother of Jerry. And if you want to keep the third paragraph, I would change "pedophile" to "sexual predator". Pedophilia typically involves sexual interest in pre-pubescent children. I don't know of any evidence that links that to old Joe.

Posted by: Bite Me ( )
Date: February 01, 2018 10:39PM

Here's a copy of my resignation letter.... http://roadkilldelight.com/NOM/resletter.jpg

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: February 02, 2018 02:53AM

Great all around, though I'm not sure I'd personally (nothing personal) begin w/ I choose to…

I like both of these, [including )biteme( lol]!… with maybe a small edit (to the OPeas'): the part where you schmooze the stiff naked bored old baldies with the ‘HUMAN-I-tar-I-an’ “efforts"’ (and instead use something like ‘talk’)… and maybe consider [the] a ‘pedophile’ change or omission (if you're not dead set on it).

Do you think (I feel) the 'I request'…'I ask'…'I wish'...is too much (too 'requesty', 'asky’ or 'wishy’)… consecutively speaking?

That's all. Do it!

On to biteme’s letter: Love It!
KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK, and Play (on words). Nice style and customizations.

Cheers-

M@t

Posted by: tamboruco ( )
Date: February 02, 2018 02:21PM

Thanks for the suggestions - my personal resignation letter was extremely simple - one paragraph. However, my BIL feels a need to let membership know why he is resigning. I told him it really didn't matter but he wants to tell them anyway. He totally flipped out when I 'helped' him understand what went on in Nauvoo. My TBM sister (BIL wife) has daggers for me now and has told me I am breaking up their home. This is an unfair and heavy load to push over on me. Well, hell, the truth is the truth and maybe she will come around too - I doubt it though. BIL has been 'on the fence' for years and really can't take it anymore. He's out mentally and just going through the motions. They have a 7 year old that will need a baptism soon - this will be a problem. My octogenarian father may have to do the baptism. Sheesh!

TMB Sis has been praying incessantly that BIL will see the 'light', return to the fold, and assume his role as priesthood leader of the family. I have a very large immediate family and this is upending the balance. I think I'll be skipping the family reunion this year as I now have siblings that consider me "Satan incarnate". Gawd what a mess! I am soooooo glad I didn't marry any of the mormon women I dated back in the day. What a shitfest the marriage would have been.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/02/2018 02:23PM by tamboruco.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: February 02, 2018 02:29PM

tamboruco Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> TMB Sis has been praying incessantly that BIL will
> see the 'light', return to the fold, and assume
> his role as priesthood leader of the family. I
> have a very large immediate family and this is
> upending the balance. I think I'll be skipping the
> family reunion this year as I now have siblings
> that consider me "Satan incarnate". Gawd what a
> mess! I am soooooo glad I didn't marry any of the
> mormon women I dated back in the day. What a
> shitfest the marriage would have been.

You might not have had a "shitfest" since I doubt their marriage will last much longer. My wife is a believer and didn't go completely off the rails. When a spouse does I think their marriage soon follows.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.