Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: pollythinks ( )
Date: February 04, 2018 05:33PM

Church News, Jan. 14, 2018: "Our goal is to find quality investigators and lead them to repentance and conversion." (Per Elder Brent N. Nielson, Missionary Dept. executive director.)
-----

My Questions: If these investigators are already "quality" people, why does the church think it needs to "lead them to repentance"? Repentance of what?

Because, as it would appear from the description in the C.N., no repentance is needed if they are already "quality" people.

Besides, shouldn't the church be seeking the down-and-out, someone who they can then help lift up?

Isn't what they are seeking to do for 'quality people' called 'cherry-picking' (while leaving those in need behind)?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Shinehah ( )
Date: February 04, 2018 06:06PM

Quality people=prosperous people=tithing.

Posted by: angela ( )
Date: February 05, 2018 04:54AM

I would say "quality investigators" are those who won't walk away within a year of baptism

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: February 04, 2018 06:16PM

They have to repent of not being mormon!

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: February 04, 2018 09:58PM

elderolddog Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> They have to repent of BEING a mormon!

Posted by: Mother Who Knows ( )
Date: February 04, 2018 06:23PM

...and Mormons say they are not "elitist."

Hence, the often-heard remark, "He's such a great person--I can't believe he isn't a Mormon."

Shinehah and elderolddog nailed it.

Christ did not preach among the Pharisees.

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: February 04, 2018 06:42PM

Don't you remember Jesus' words = I only speak to QUALITY PEOPLE

Posted by: Josephina ( )
Date: February 04, 2018 10:38PM

A typical "quality" convert is male, makes a lot of money, and has plenty time and energy to spare for Mormon busywork. A female is a quality recruit only if she is the type a quality LDS male would want to marry, and can birth quality spawns.

Disabled, not good-looking, come from a highly dysfunctional family? Go away, Jesus doesn't want you. At one time, you would have had to add: "African blood, even a drop". Which my husband had, but he didn't tell.

Priesthood and Prosperity are where it's at in Mormonism. If you are an un-marriageable female that doesn't make a lot of money, how do you fit? A man with disabilities--if you earn little or nothing, if you don't have the energy to function in the Mormon busywork system, what are you to us?

There are many wonderful individual Mormons who do try to make these misfit Mormons feel at home and feel important, because they have a heart and reflect Jesus after all. Some really do care and want to help! But the system as a whole eschews them, except as more numbers to brag about when they flash their statistics.

Posted by: angela ( )
Date: February 04, 2018 11:08PM

Posted by: cricket ( )
Date: February 04, 2018 11:16PM

casting their corporate nets for quality tithe paying converts. In the meantime, Mormons won't be surprised to see Russell Nelson walk on water as the tempest is raging.

Posted by: oregon ( )
Date: February 04, 2018 11:17PM

Homeless people = no money = not worthy.
The main reason the LDS has NO homeless shelters?.

Date: February 04, 2018 11:42PM

It sees what it sees.

Nothing… but a reflection of a lie.

A life not worth living. NOT forgiving. Not really living.

M@t

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: February 04, 2018 11:52PM

If their message was true, inspiring or uplifting then they would not have this problem.

“What has happened over time is our baptisms have remained quite consistent, and we haven’t been able to move the needle much,” he said. “We’re trying to figure out how to find more people to teach.”

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: February 05, 2018 01:16AM

People don't want the burden of Mormonism. It's really, really awful.

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: February 05, 2018 01:33AM

When was the last time you heard of a “quality” person (i.e. educated, gainfully employed, mentally stable) joining mormondumb? I guess a few join for a love interest but that’s about it. Those kind of people are internet savvy.

The “quality” people are brainwashed from birth.

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: February 05, 2018 02:36AM

Golly gee, I have a novel idea for the church. Why not have older adults serve missions who are interested in volunteering (a new concept for the cult) and mature enough and will not have to be teen-sat?

I recently read of a church who did just this....the older missionaries went as a family (or not), provided daily service along with teaching about their church (to those who were interested as it was not mandatory that the two had to go hand in hand, you know the service and learning about the church). Plus, this church that I cannot remember the name PAID for the missionaries to travel and be there!

Hells bells, wouldn't this be novel and humanitarian, and more honest, and a safer missionary plan if Mormonism dared give this a try? and TEEN DESTRUCTIVE MISSIONARY ABUSE BY THE CULT OF MORMONISM COULD COME TO A GLORIOUS END! (teens could just be teens exploring and discovering as they should be doing)

Halleluyah!!!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/05/2018 02:43AM by presleynfactsrock.

Date: February 05, 2018 04:52AM

This whole sick speech is so absolutely wrong and quite deceptive.

LDS Church pleader wants missionaries to serve successful mission without interruption (truth or trouble).

... “Where there is no vision, the people perish” - I have my own visions...

.., new interview questions have been announced for prospective missionaries, Elder Nielson said. “We’ve also opened many other options for missionaries to serve on Church-service missions.”

New interview questions? How to break the back without breaking the bank...
Options? Right! Church service? Serving the church. Self Service.

“We feel very strongly that there are people who are kept from the truth because they know not where to find it and that there are people who would accept the gospel of Jesus Christ if we just knew who they were. We are working to find the people in the blue house.

Kept from the truth?
Knew not where to find it?
If WE just knew WHO THEY WERE?
Working to find (clueless) people in the WHITE HOUSE?

Why don't they just paint it blue (like the people inside)?

Cunning

M@t

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: February 05, 2018 09:28AM

pollythinks Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> My Questions: If these investigators are already
> "quality" people, why does the church think it
> needs to "lead them to repentance"? Repentance of
> what?

They need to repent of lack of tithe paying to the mormon church for all of their lives up to this point.

Cheapskates, cheating the Lard of 10% of their income.
Grovel, repent, and pay up.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.