Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: SEcular Priest ( )
Date: February 04, 2018 02:44PM

not attending Saturday's Stake Priesthood meeting.

So it shows the importance of those council meetings. Not a word or follow up from the one in January. That is why I went tp Priesthood today was to see how this council process was working. Elders, HP and Bishop seemed confused as to what we were to do. So we meet with Elders and got to listen to stuff that was not uplifting except for the presenter.

Highlights:

1. When you get a TR in out stake you are going to get the "Do your duty lecture." Can't wait.

2. YOU come to Church to SERVE, not to be Served. Oh that hurt.

3.It is called the "Covenant Path" now. You made covenants now keep them. Otherwise you are not worthy and you are breaking covenants and promises. What kind of a man are you? They closed the class room doors when the presentor talked about this one. Prior to that they were open.

Please, please stop the whippings!!!!,

4.You must attend all your meetings so you can mentor others.
All meetings not just the ones you think you should attend.

5. We need to mentor people not only in the Church but outside the Church.

This whipping is really hurting!!!

6.HP need to mentor young people.

7. They had youth doing baptisms in the temple, etc. You know the new program. We were told tt is going to change the way we look at young people. They are so responsible. That is why they need Priesthood mentoring. Now get with it men.

Summary:

Fast and testimony was a drag out meeting. Same old people and long pauses. Everyone looked liked they were stoned on pot. I sit at the back so I could see. But we were told that the spirit was there.

Went to McDonald's to get something to eat during the Sunday School lesson. My sugar levels were dropping so I needed to eat before I dropped. I know I needed to have more faith I coulds survive without eating.

Came back just to attend the HP Council and we did not have it. Again it looked liked people had just withdrawn from the room except for the same old people sharing.Remember when they said Elvis has left the building. It feels like something has left the Church building with the members. But again it could be me.

We were told that if we follow what was said today out ward will grow. The temple beside this building will be overflowing with members attending. And we will be one big happy family.

What more could you ask for after this whipping?

I hope your meeting were more inspiring than the ones I attended. McDonald's was a good meeting!!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: CrispingPin ( )
Date: February 04, 2018 02:52PM

I assume that the beatings will continue until morale improves.

Posted by: StillAnon ( )
Date: February 04, 2018 03:21PM

Bad assumption. With LDS, Inc, the beatings will never stop, and you'll never be good enough to stop getting beaten. They probably have a beating committee "think tank" for more reasons to guilt you and beat you.

Posted by: memikeyounot ( )
Date: February 04, 2018 02:59PM

I read about the first half of what was reported above.

Can I just express how glad I am that I'm not required to go to church any more. I so don't miss that stuff.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: February 04, 2018 03:07PM

The floggings will continue until morale improves !

Posted by: oregon ( )
Date: February 04, 2018 03:41PM

I might show up at FT completely drunk and take the entire time talking about cars and rock bands.

Posted by: StillAnon ( )
Date: February 04, 2018 04:39PM

Well, if you talk about 60-70's SS's, vettes, 442's, GTO's and Led Zep, The Who, The Doors, Stones and ZZTop, please let me know where and when.

Posted by: incognitotoday ( )
Date: February 05, 2018 09:22AM

Let me know when. I want to be there. After your ‘testimony,’ I’ll meet you in the aisle with a high-five and hug. Let’s do it.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: February 04, 2018 04:33PM

I'd be asking, "Hey, just what has ghawd done for me lately that I should be on this Christ-grind?"

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: February 04, 2018 04:43PM

It seems like the very definition of "joyless."

Posted by: Trails end ( )
Date: February 04, 2018 04:59PM

Id feel so ungrateful if I didn't stand to bear my testimony of how truly wonderful it is that Christ has given me a self induced hall pass to avoid this acrid horrid crap...all who sustain this position make known by the upraised middle finger...all I can say is..you poor bugger...hoping for better in attendance to come...cheese and rice

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: February 04, 2018 05:24PM

We changed group leader. Downward change.

Posted by: 2 bored 2 log in ( )
Date: February 04, 2018 05:41PM

"3.It is called the 'Covenant Path' now. You made covenants now keep them. Otherwise you are not worthy and you are breaking covenants and promises. What kind of a man are you? They closed the class room doors when the presentor talked about this one. Prior to that they were open."

I would have erupted in loud laughter over this one. Each of their so-called "covenants" were given under false pretenses, and accepted under duress, and as a result are all null and void.

"Oh that hurt."
"This whipping is really hurting!!!"

You are joking about that, aren't you? Please tell us you're being sarcastic.

Posted by: SEcular Priest ( )
Date: February 04, 2018 07:09PM

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: February 04, 2018 05:54PM

If the church wants to grow then it will have to change its culture and attitudes (providing that folks are willing to look beyond the doctrinal issues). It's too negative, somber and depressing. This change didn't happen over night, but it's been happening for quite some time.

Some 20 years ago, I recall getting run out of the stake center AFTER the stake priesthood meeting had concluded. Oh, it went way beyond a friendly reminder not to socialize in the chapel. No, they ran everybody out of the building into the parking lot. I kept thinking about a church that actively discouraged its members from socializing and fellowshipping.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/04/2018 05:55PM by messygoop.

Posted by: Shinehah ( )
Date: February 04, 2018 06:04PM

You'd think even Dallin Oaks would think something is rotten when skipping out to go to McDonald's is the highlight

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: February 04, 2018 08:17PM

A bitch session on attendance. Someone has an attitude problem. The church is now led by a grimacing grinch, his chuckle buddy, and a delirious scarecrow. The church should welcome all who attend with open arms. They should be grateful to have followers of any kind with the nonsense they push. Nasty bastards is what they are. Ingrates.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: February 04, 2018 08:35PM

Church leaders vacilate between everything they demand being Voluntary or Manditory...

Posted by: hello ( )
Date: February 05, 2018 05:30AM

IF TSCC actually offered the companionship of god bestowed by authority, then MAYBE the constant slave driving might be justified, and might work. Since TSCC does NOT offer the companionship of the godhead by priesthood authority, then there is zero reward, now or later, and all the "service" is just drudgery.

TSCC priesthood was NEVER connected with the so-called "powers of heaven". TSCC is dead spiritually.

Then they tell you you will be happy when, after all your good ministries, the ward finally grows, and the temple is full and busy. These things will make you all happy, somehow. In the meantime, get to work. And pay your tithing.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: February 05, 2018 05:33AM

And here's the thing -- the Mormon church is like an abusive employer. You could do everything the church asked perfectly, and the church would STILL demand more of you. Because what you give will never be enough.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: February 05, 2018 09:55AM

You got that right!

Posted by: cricket ( )
Date: February 05, 2018 09:32AM

and inspire the troops with his intellectualized spiritual spewings. :)

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.