Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: NeverBeenaMormon ( )
Date: February 04, 2018 01:53PM

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-42916261

Time to use lasers to find Zarahemla

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: February 04, 2018 02:14PM

"...houses, palaces, elevated highways, and defensive fortifications."!?

I'ts proof!

Ammon, prepare my chickens and backpacks, so that I may conduct me forth!

Posted by: Josephina ( )
Date: February 04, 2018 08:42PM

Back to church, anyone?

To me, it's more evidence that the Book of Mormon story never happened. That's my expectation, remembering how excited people got in the past from the discovery of Latin American ruins. Nothing ever turned up that support the BoM, though there were some false starts.

Even if they found a bone that DNA'd to the Middle East, it would be far from proving the Book of Mormon. There is a legend of Ten Lost Tribes of Israel. It is entirely conceivable that some Hebrews got on a boat and landed here at some point in history. It does nothing, in my view, to prove a 19th century piece of fiction. There are still Linguistics, cultural elements, all kinds of things that need to make a connection.

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: February 05, 2018 12:55AM

PROOF !!!!! MORE MORmON PROOF THAT THE BOOK OF MORmON IS TRUE !!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BQrl4EZ07Y

Posted by: Jonny the Smoke ( )
Date: February 05, 2018 11:45AM

Irony: When I read the article at ldsmag.com, below the first paragraph was an ad for an IQ test.

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: February 05, 2018 12:59PM

The title “Lost Treasures of the Maya Snake Kings” kinda negates all the 'Christ-worshipping Central Americans' angle dontcha think?

And the article states: "Respected archaeologists are now comparing the Maya with the ancient Chinese."

So, this small band of Middle Easterners shows up and convinces millions of people who have been there creating, building empires, fighting, and developing religion for a few thousand years already that Jesus is the Way? They must have a killer missionary force back in the day; why doesn't the BoM mention THAT?? :-)

Somebody needs to call the Mormons out on cultural appropriation, but then again, most people don't know or care....

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.