Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: godlessinomaha ( )
Date: February 05, 2018 06:23PM

does he or she give equal weight to all prayers for the sick and afflicted, or would prayers coming from worthy priesthood holders get first listen?

OR are prayers by worthy priesthood holder prayers at all?

Are they really blessings backed up the priesthood holder's power that don't rely on whether God hears and answers?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: February 05, 2018 07:04PM

There are no Mormons here.

Posted by: Not true ( )
Date: February 05, 2018 07:32PM

I think priesthood blessings aren't considered prayers in the same way a child's prayer is a prayer.
At least that's what I think church would say

Posted by: Shinehah ( )
Date: February 05, 2018 07:05PM

Interesting question.
All I know is that the priesthood holders "Please help us travel home in safety" seems to have a better chance of being answered than a desperate child praying "Please stop that man from abusing me anymore" .

Posted by: pollythinks ( )
Date: February 05, 2018 07:47PM

godlessinesmaha askes: "If there is a God does he or she give equal weight to all prayers for the sick and afflicted, or would prayers coming from worthy priesthood holders get first listen?

Their is no doubt in my mind that prayers asked by female or males (or even children), are heard.

IMHO: God is not gender prejudiced(!!), and could not be the God I pray to unless this were so.

One of the saddest things I can think of is females who feel their needs cannot be met on their own, but have to wait for a pd male to pray for her, or her children.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: February 05, 2018 08:21PM

Ghawd's awareness of female rights has been increasing over the past few years, weirdly enough at the same pace and with the same intensity of the country you happen to be living in.

It would be ultra-best if ghawd were Danish. Or a danish...

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.