Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: February 04, 2018 02:25PM

Where do I sign up?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: February 04, 2018 02:30PM

I misread that: I thought it said it puts you in demonic yoga *pants*.

Only on some people.

Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: February 04, 2018 02:37PM

A Demonic trance sounds good about now.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: February 05, 2018 09:50AM

How can I tell a "demonic trance" from a normal one?
Is there somebody involved I can ask to shake hands with?

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: February 05, 2018 01:07PM

Demonic trance? Been there. It’s when Satan looked me in the eye on the big screen and told me I’d be under his power if I didn’t do certain things. Next thing I know I’m in some trance chanting Pay Lay Ale. Which translated means Pay me money, Lay with the prophet and drink lots of Ale. Or something like that. Don’t ask me. I was in a demonic trance. I was even trying to slit my throat and rip my heart out. It was wild. And don’t even get me going about hugging some old geezer with a hardon.

But yoga.... there is some really demonic shit. One downward dog and you’ve sold your soul to Saaaaatan.

Posted by: Jonny the Smoke ( )
Date: February 05, 2018 01:44PM

"Of course, yoga apologists will say....."

Yoga apologists? Really? What's next? The slippery, evil slope of planking?

Posted by: incognitotoday ( )
Date: February 05, 2018 06:06PM

Only trance is walking behind yoga pants. Just saying.

I have found so much insight when reading Hindu ‘scripture.’ Demonic my derrière.

Posted by: hello ( )
Date: February 05, 2018 08:55PM

As a long time meditator, I can say that there is one real danger in yoga meditation. The practice of meditation leads to major changes in self image and identity, due to the development of the empty mind, thought free state. People who have a strong need to express as ego often feel threatened and disturbed by any onset of ego loss. And people who enter the thought free zone often thereafter lose interest in ego games in general, which makes continuing to express the previously established personality problematic.

So yeah, yoga presents its own set of challenges, and it seems some people associate these with demons.

Posted by: Paintingnotlogged ( )
Date: February 05, 2018 09:36PM

Don't get me started, it's SO awkward. Like the Christian love kindness Christ like caring expressed in saying , "you aren't acceptable to me I'm going to excercize you /wait wait Excorsize you. Well that part of you. Move stretch a little, relax got it- that part /zap / excorcist prayer got it. Wait, /excorcist is male/ Can you still cook? (Shake head no) damn excorcist the wrong part. Again. When am I gonna figure this out help me out here Jeesus"

People get annoyed by the strangest things. Yoga, huh. Like the world isn't facing a whole pl ethora of problems, they focus on this? And btw I appreciate the protection of my friends, and the grounding caring and excersize class doing eastern moves tremendously so I might be a tiny bit biased.

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: February 05, 2018 09:51PM

If I discipline myself enough to do serious meditation for 45 minutes to an hour daily, (and I don't, always) my blood pressure will drop enough that I need little or no blood pressure medication. It DOES take discipline though, and I'm lazy. I'd rather read or listen to audio books until I fall asleep.

When I was younger and more flexible, I attended Yoga classes - taught at the church I attended at that time! Nobody gave the religious aspect a second thought.

The relaxation and breathing control I learned have gotten me through childbirth, and some medical procedures with little or no need for pain medication, so it was very much worth while.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.