Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: uglyties ( )
Date: February 11, 2018 01:45PM

Went to dinner in Sandy last night and the restaurant was packed. 45+ minute wait for a table. However, the bar was wide open! No waiting. Had a nice dinner and a couple of double IPAs.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: February 11, 2018 01:55PM

Not only is seating usually available at the bar, but for those of us who have trouble hearing in noisy restaurants, sitting next to your companion (instead of across the table) makes conversation easier to carry on.

And your drink orders arrive quickly. Win-win-win.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: February 11, 2018 01:59PM

A double plus...

By eating in a bar you don't have to contend with noisy out of control children.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: February 11, 2018 02:14PM

Shopping on Sundays would be one of mine.

Win-win.

I observe Sabbath on Saturdays. (No rest for the weary except on Shabbat.)

;-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/11/2018 02:15PM by Amyjo.

Posted by: gemini ( )
Date: February 11, 2018 02:40PM

I used to love shopping on Sunday for that same reason. Bonus if I ran into a neighbor who had ducked into the store for emergency shopping. I loved "accidently" (on purpose) running into them and cheerily saying "hi". Oh my, the excuses I would hear about why they were there...hahaha.

Now, it seems like the grocery stores are getting busier and busier on Sunday and I can only attribute it to more inactivity amongst the members or more non and ex-mormons in the area.

Hey, even Macey's in Salt Lake County started opening on Sunday and they are busy!

Posted by: StillAnon ( )
Date: February 11, 2018 02:45PM

"Hey, even Macey's in Salt Lake County started opening on Sunday and they are busy!"

Profits over Prophets.

Posted by: cl2notloggedin ( )
Date: February 11, 2018 04:03PM

will take to hit Logan, though I don't shop there anyway. Stores are definitely not as busy here in CV as they are other days. We usually hold out on going to movies on Saturdays, but did yesterday and not too many people considering. Worst day we see is Tuesdays when movies are $5 (or is it Tuesdays). Traffic is so much less here on Sundays--SO MUCH LESS.

Oh yes, we can get into the bars at restaurants on Saturdays. The big problem on Sundays here, though, is that only chain restaurants are open on Sundays like Texas Roadhouse and Chili's, etc. The ones we like the most are closed/

Posted by: StillAnon ( )
Date: February 11, 2018 04:26PM

Associated Foods, who owns Maceys, Fresh Markets, Dan's, etc, has converted a bunch of Fresh Market's- which they bought from Albertson's, (which were always open on Sundays) over to the Macey's stores. That's when they started opening on Sundays.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: February 11, 2018 04:32PM

That's my go-to plan when there's a long wait for a table. Bars often have tables as well. Plus you can order off of the bar menu or the regular menu.

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: February 11, 2018 06:07PM

I had a few double IPAs last night and tried about a half dozen this weekend altogether.

Brewery's and Bars: I like, Wasatch, Epic, Squatters, and Brewvies... The Iron Curtain?

M@t

Posted by: uglyties ( )
Date: February 11, 2018 07:48PM

I've been drinking New England "Hazy" IPAs lately. 2-Row Brewery in Midvale brews a great Hazy IPA (Feeling Hazy) that I really like.

Check out the Bayou in downtown SLC if you haven't already. Enormous beer selection and good cajun food.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.