Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: alaskawild ( )
Date: February 10, 2018 08:37PM

Here was another one of my recent paradigm shifts. For so many years I stayed in the faith out of fear- fear that my eternal family unit would be broken up if i didnt' remain faithful.

But it recently hit me...if this is God's plan and he is all knowing and all powerful, and presumably there will be many, many more people in lower kingdoms who didn't make the cut to the celestial kingdom....then all of those people's families will be split up and not allowed to be sealed together in the afterlife.

So effectively, God is in the business of breaking up families. Certainly, it's not satan doing this, for it is God's plan and satan will be bound. So if that is his policy then it is God that is breaking up the families and nobody else.

What a great gospel plan eh???

Never-mind that currently only .002 of the planet's population are in the Mormon church. I guess the other 99.998 will have to await their ordinances after they die....

What a great gospel plan eh???

God sure has a serious market penetration problem with his perfect gospel plan!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: February 11, 2018 08:32AM

I used to believe that way like you did.

If we are meant to be eternal, and the family circle is a part of that eternity - doesn't it just make sense we'll be together in the hereafter without all the Mormon bull hooey?

With or without it. Without it, we're no worse off IMO. With it, maybe so because I doubt heaven will be a Mormon's idea of paradise if one exists.

It will be God's idea of paradise if one exists.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/11/2018 08:44AM by Amyjo.

Posted by: alaskawild ( )
Date: February 11, 2018 11:18AM

Yes and furthermore, won't we all be adults in the after life? I assume we will, so that means that even my kids will be adults and they will be with their spouses and so I seriously doubt we would all be grouped together as a bunch of adult couples. It won't be like the times when we were young families with our toddlers to take care of.

I too agree with you. If we are eternal creatures, which i believe we are, i think it will all work out and i believe i am forever attached to my kids. I don't believe for one second that i won't be able to see them in the afterlife.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: February 11, 2018 02:28PM

Same with me. For sure I hope so!

One of my favorite quotes:

"Our Creator would never have made such lovely days, and have given us the deep hearts to enjoy them, above and beyond all thought, unless we were meant to be immortal." - Nathaniel Hawthorne

❤️

Posted by: Topping ( )
Date: February 11, 2018 08:21PM

Free ride to the top.

Posted by: angela ( )
Date: February 11, 2018 08:25PM

This is what lead me out. The whole "sealing in the temples so families are forever" belief system.

When I really thought about it, it was like, why would I worship this kind of a God who did this???

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.