Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: February 11, 2018 11:46AM

Or is it? Now is a moment. The moment we’re living in. Life’s like a bunch of pictures strung together to form a movie. How real is the future? Is it less real than the past? It’s less definite.

I don’t like the name “Heavenly Father” or “the creator” because it puts God in the past. I’m more of a future guy. The best of all possible futures wants to happen. It affects the past to pull us toward it. God is the channel for that. The past is the how, the future is the why. So, the God concept is still useful. Maybe when you “feel the spirit” you’re in alignment with a positive future. It’s nature’s way of saying you’re getting warmer.

I think there are as many pasts as there are futures. We are creating a path through it all. It’s the trajectory that’s real. Our bodies come from the past and our minds from the future. We meet in the now, the groove of time. So it makes sense to me that we’re in a simulation. Possibility space can’t be infinitely dense.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Human ( )
Date: February 12, 2018 05:41AM

“The past is never dead. It's not even past. All of us labor in webs spun long before we were born, webs of heredity and environment, of desire and consequence, of history and eternity. Haunted by wrong turns and roads not taken, we pursue images perceived as new but whose providence dates to the dim dramas of childhood, which are themselves but ripples of consequence echoing down the generations. The quotidian demands of life distract from this resonance of images and events, but some of us feel it always.”

—William Faulkner—
—Requiem For A Nun—

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: February 12, 2018 05:45AM

Beautiful!

❤️

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/12/2018 05:46AM by Amyjo.

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: February 12, 2018 10:15AM

The future is the past that you will soon be stuck with.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: February 12, 2018 10:20AM

?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.