Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: February 09, 2018 09:35AM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/09/2018 09:36AM by anybody.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Elyse ( )
Date: February 09, 2018 11:59AM

Mormons would have to be crazy to go see a bishop, knowing their interviews are recorded while confessing their "sins".
Sounds like the Scientologists.

But who knows. Just when you think you've heard everything....

Posted by: William Law ( )
Date: February 09, 2018 12:32PM

The bishops are not doing the recording, it's the members who do it secretly. If the bishops are doing it, that adds an even more grotesque layer to their intrusion. I have been in three bishoprics and never has there been a bishop recording. Just FYI

Posted by: Nottelling ( )
Date: February 09, 2018 12:26PM

Are interviews done alone, or is there other people in the room?

Posted by: William Law ( )
Date: February 09, 2018 12:33PM

Worthiness interviews are done in private with just the bishop or counselor and the member.

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: February 09, 2018 04:48PM

Mental, Digital or Paper, recordings are done by both parties... though the interview-we isn't invited - but subjected - to it (The Party).

Posted by: gullwing ( )
Date: February 12, 2018 04:36PM

The HB330 in question was about the interviewee taping. I was in a bishopric and have no knowledge of priesthood ever taping an interview. Not that this would stop them but that violates the confidentiality that they must keep.

When I was a missionary, although I kept the rules pretty well and baptized regularly, I was one of a few dozen that the MP just hated for no reason. I wrote my dad after one of my interviews where I had again once again been spiritually and emotionally brutalized when I believe my only "sin" was not doing enough tracting. My dad called the MP and let him have it. I got called in again and the MP told me that interviews are sacred and confidential to both parties and that of course I had sinned for violating something sacred by telling my dad. Despite my age and follow-the-heard-TBM blindness at the time I knew what he was telling me was total bullshit and he was simply pissed for getting caught.

Priesthood leadership likes to think it's infallible and doesn't like it when the truth comes out. This bill was nothing more than church trying to cover its ass.

But keep watching the bill and Senator Snow very closely should he try to get a bill sneaked in right before the session closes. It the church wants it will expect to get its way.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: February 12, 2018 04:44PM

gullwing Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
I don't know of any that taped their interviews, either.
And I had experiences similar to yours in your post.

However...

> Not that this would stop them but that violates
> the confidentiality that they must keep.

I don't see how. If they recorded it for their own use, and didn't ever share it with anyone else, no "confidentiality" is violated. :)

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: February 12, 2018 07:33PM

Your must record, for the record. How can you have a record if you don't have a 'recording'/ record? Memory isn't always suitable and isn't much protection if ever you should need it, plus it's extremely difficult to sneak your secretary in with you.

TSCC was mad at NNN (temple vids)? Make bill. Cancel bill today? Too many complaints. Much pressure to kill it. Poof! No more bill.

M@t

Posted by: pollythinks ( )
Date: February 12, 2018 08:10PM

A had a very kindly, intelligent Bishop,interview me (we were friends), but his problem was onsetting alshimer (spl?). So, he had long yellow pads he used to write things down on (the same thing over and over), to try and help his memory. He still worked as a doctor who witnessed for his patients in court.

Sad.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.