Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Anon for this ( )
Date: March 30, 2011 04:14PM

I lived very close to the Bohemian Grove along the Russian River in Sonoma County, California. The massive and serious security surrounding the grove (a "Camp" among tall redwood trees). I did see limos on dirt roads.

It costs $25,000 to attend a the single two week camp and there is a 15 year waiting list for consideration.
George H Bush, Henry Kissinger and Jimmy Buffett are members, along with many of the richest, most powerful figures from all over the world.

They have an elaborate "Care Less" Ritual ceremony held beneath a giant stone owl, with men dressed in robes. They burn an effigy of a child-sized person which is delivered by a horse-drawn black hearse carriage. The pyrotechnics are amazing (those you can see from the hills above the grove.

They date back over a hundred years. Mainly, it's a huge party, perpetual open bar and very good looking women are invited to the parties in the redwood grove.

I don't have a simple link. If you are curious, Google "Bohemian Grove."

A lot of international politics take place there. It's not like you can wander off a trail in the forest and find it. Trespass, and you're arrested immediately. The locals who work as waiters, cleaning crew members and bartenders will never say a word about what goes on there.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: brian-the-christ ( )
Date: March 30, 2011 05:19PM

Lots and lots of wealthy people, for sure.

The only one I could identify from Utah was the actor James Woods. His bio stated that he was born in Vernal but doesn't indicate he was LDS.

I'd be interested if any other possible Mormons were involved.

Any names on this list that someone might know as LDS?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Bohemian_Club_members

Posted by: rgg ( )
Date: March 30, 2011 05:28PM

I worked for a VERY wealthy and well connected attorney one time who was on the waiting list. He had been involved in a lot of international business dealings throughout the world (Big money and BIG connections). I remember filing his correspondence re this topic. The letters they wrote each other were written as if it was 1900 – the grammar, protocol etc.

Posted by: The StalkerDog™ ( )
Date: March 30, 2011 05:34PM

A republican one, looks like.

Posted by: voweaver ( )
Date: March 30, 2011 05:38PM

Hmmmm....Trilateral Commission, New World Order, One World Government, flavored with a touch of KKK.

Delicious!

~VOW

Posted by: SL Cabbie ( )
Date: March 30, 2011 05:40PM

That place is exclusive...

Posted by: DNA ( )
Date: March 30, 2011 05:41PM

Maybe the prophets get invited to show George Bush how to do the handshakes.

Posted by: Human ( )
Date: March 30, 2011 05:42PM

..."it's sacred not secret" argument to his membership to the club:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHFoUZEjuNM

Posted by: rgg ( )
Date: March 30, 2011 05:58PM

The Bechtel brothers are members. Bechtel gets a lot of internatioanl government contracts a la Haliburton...

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: March 30, 2011 06:09PM

Anon for this Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It costs $25,000 to attend a the single two week
> camp and there is a 15 year waiting list for
> consideration.
> George H Bush, Henry Kissinger and Jimmy Buffett
> are members, along with many of the richest, most
> powerful figures from all over the world.
http://truthmarche.wordpress.com/2010/09/17/personal-and-institutional-rejection-of-him/
"Concerning Woodruff’s death, there are more than a few question marks that rise to the surface. Not only was Woodruff the main speaker at the Bohemian Club a few nights before his death, but several newspaper articles note his relative good health, even at his advanced age. One such article noted how inexplicably became sick following his speech at the Bohemian Club."

Posted by: elee ( )
Date: March 30, 2011 06:10PM

Cheeseburger In Bohemian Grove just doesn't have the same ring to it.... ;)

Posted by: Anon ( )
Date: March 30, 2011 06:24PM

Artists and performers are allowed in, some can even join at a fraction of the usual fee because these fat cats need entertainment and the concerts were pretty loud. I need to go back and look at the list.

Good catch, Elee!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.