Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Badassadam1 ( )
Date: February 18, 2018 04:18PM

Psychologist or people who knew psychology very well. The constant leveling up system to the highest kingdom and godhood. The temple secrecy and mystery. The scare tactics when going through the temple. And then the constant giving away your money for different things because of the fear if you don't, which may even go up to 20% a year with tithing and other offerings and other mormon stuff at their book store. All i am saying is very smart people designed this system to control and ensnare. I can see it more clearly now. And the fact they call themselves prphets and apostles like the new testament is another huge control tactic. People think jesus converses with these guys all the time. There are tons of control tactics even the sacrament ritual or the guilty and awkward fast and testimony meeting. The songs you sing as a kid and as an adult, praise to the man, follow the prophet. Even praying to a heavenly father is a tactic of control. Keep the people controlled and infantile and they will stay in it forever. I don't know these thoughts came into my head today of how they control people so well throughout their entire lives. Even when people try to break free they won't last without real professional help. I still don't even feel like a free man and i haven't been in a church building for a year and a half roughly now. If they came into my home right now they could still maybe dominate over me with guilt and other bullsh#t. F#ck it i hate sundays the most.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Mother Who Knows ( )
Date: February 18, 2018 05:02PM

IMO, much of it was borrowed from George Orwell.

If you haven't read 1984, now would be a good time!

You are spot-on. JS and most of the others were not psychologists, but they were professional CON-MEN, however, and were master manipulators. Much of that can be passed on from father to son, as in JS's case. We do know, for sure, that it is diabolical, however.

LDS, Inc. has on its payroll a major, high-priced Madison Avenue advertising firm--the same PR experts that are hired by The American Red Cross. We can prove that the Mormon hype is professional.

Date: February 18, 2018 11:36PM

Mother Who Knows Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> IMO, much of it was borrowed from George Orwell.
>
> If you haven't read 1984, now would be a good
> time!
>
> You are spot-on. JS and most of the others were
> not psychologists, but they were professional
> CON-MEN, however, and were master manipulators.
> Much of that can be passed on from father to son,
> as in JS's case. We do know, for sure, that it is
> diabolical, however.
>
> LDS, Inc. has on its payroll a major, high-priced
> Madison Avenue advertising firm--the same PR
> experts that are hired by The American Red Cross.
> We can prove that the Mormon hype is professional.

I don't think i have read that one. Wasn't he the guy that wrote animal farm or something. Think i read that one in school back in the day. Maybe i will look on ebay for that 1984 book.

Date: February 18, 2018 11:45PM

I just bought the book on ebay for six bucks, if this helps me understand how they operate then i want to know. I want to know everything of how they did what they did to control me and others so d@mn well.

Posted by: StillAnon ( )
Date: February 19, 2018 12:01AM

Adam, there's 5 copies of Animal Farm at Marshall public library, about 8 minutes from you. Don't waste 6 bucks, just check it out.

Date: February 19, 2018 09:23AM

StillAnon Wrote:
> Adam, there's 5 copies of Animal Farm at Marshall
> public library, about 8 minutes from you. Don't
> waste 6 bucks, just check it out.

Well sh#t haven't been to the marshal library since i needed a printing machine which has been a while forgot about that place. But isn't 1984 and different book than animal farm?

Date: February 19, 2018 10:20AM

StillAnon Wrote:
> Adam, there's 5 copies of Animal Farm at Marshall
> public library, about 8 minutes from you. Don't
> waste 6 bucks, just check it out.

I also thought about your offer to give me a tour at the ronald mcdonald house. If i do this you have to promise not to make fun of me to my face. My issues with men that are older than me is very real. It's no joke and i have not overcome it completely quite yet.

Date: February 19, 2018 01:53PM

Adam, I wouldn't make fun of you. My constant theme has been getting you to realize that you're not the biggest basket case on the planet and to take steps to use the good advice and experiences that people here try to help you with. Volunteering with people in dire circumstances gives you a whole new perspective on things. You'll find, that as bad as things may seem to you, there are hundreds of people, in your community, that you wouldn't trade places with for a minute. They'd look at your life and wish they could be in your shoes than the ones that they are in.
And, yes, 1984 is different from Animal Farm. Marshall doesn't currently have one, but they can get it from Preston's library.

Date: February 19, 2018 05:20PM

StillAnon Wrote:
> Adam, I wouldn't make fun of you. My constant
> theme has been getting you to realize that you're
> not the biggest basket case on the planet and to
> take steps to use the good advice and experiences
> that people here try to help you with.
> Volunteering with people in dire circumstances
> gives you a whole new perspective on things.
> You'll find, that as bad as things may seem to
> you, there are hundreds of people, in your
> community, that you wouldn't trade places with for
> a minute. They'd look at your life and wish they
> could be in your shoes than the ones that they are
> in.
> And, yes, 1984 is different from Animal Farm.
> Marshall doesn't currently have one, but they can
> get it from Preston's library.

What is the address of the ronald mcdonald house in SLC? Could i just randomly show up? Or do i have to call first or sign up online or something? I guess i could google it. Don't think it would be safe for me to drive that far just yet being on opiates still but in the near future i could possibly pull it off. I think salt lake is closer by about an hour to me than boise is. Maybe i can google the address.

Date: February 19, 2018 05:26PM

I would like to make a road trip anyways, my best friend was buried just south of salt lake city in salem and i would like to visit the site, haven't been there in a few years.

Date: February 19, 2018 05:42PM

I'd put it on the back burner until you're off the painkillers, especially driving in the winter. No, you can't just show up. I can help set something up in the future, or I can get you the contact info of the proper people. Whatever makes you feel comfortable. You could also look locally for volunteer opportunities at your local hospital's pediatric ward, although I imagine most of the severe cases end up in SLC. There's also Aid for Friends in Pocatello. Sometimes, seeing others that are hurting more than you, can spark your attitude to understand that your situation isn't as bad as you may feel. Also, helping others, that are less fortunate gives you good feelings about yourself. It keeps you grounded. I'm not talking about devoting your life to a cause, but once, every other month, for 4-6 hours is a start. Check it out.

Date: February 19, 2018 09:43PM

StillAnon Wrote:
> I'd put it on the back burner until you're off the
> painkillers, especially driving in the winter. No,
> you can't just show up. I can help set something
> up in the future, or I can get you the contact
> info of the proper people. Whatever makes you feel
> comfortable. You could also look locally for
> volunteer opportunities at your local hospital's
> pediatric ward, although I imagine most of the
> severe cases end up in SLC. There's also Aid for
> Friends in Pocatello. Sometimes, seeing others
> that are hurting more than you, can spark your
> attitude to understand that your situation isn't
> as bad as you may feel. Also, helping others, that
> are less fortunate gives you good feelings about
> yourself. It keeps you grounded. I'm not talking
> about devoting your life to a cause, but once,
> every other month, for 4-6 hours is a start. Check
> it out.

Been to aid for friends a couple times. Always was afraid that i would end up there so i checked it out. There is a reason why i try to figure out all my sh#t that is wrong with me and try to fix them as fast as possible. That place is a nightmare, wish there was a bigger and a little better place for the homeless here. Although i do talk with the homeless extremely well compared to talking with a mormon. One explained how rough it was to be homeless especially through the winter, he had mental illness and was physically disabled. I do not want to end up like him.

Posted by: subeamnotlogedin ( )
Date: February 19, 2018 12:40AM

Adam here is something you might enjoy doing.

https://www.leapforceathome.com/qrp/public/job

Date: February 19, 2018 10:06AM

subeamnotlogedin Wrote:
> Adam here is something you might enjoy doing.
>
> https://www.leapforceathome.com/qrp/public/job

What is this before i begin? If i can make money from my phone that would be pretty cool because i can't really do hard labor right now.

Posted by: subeamnotlogedin ( )
Date: February 19, 2018 10:29PM

It is called "search engine evaluator".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxrDOtbSZ9A

Date: February 20, 2018 12:44AM

subeamnotlogedin Wrote:
> It is called "search engine evaluator".
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxrDOtbSZ9A

I am way too dumb to follow all of that haha. Not a computer guy on any level.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: February 19, 2018 12:29AM

agree, that's the dead-on explanation of why everything Appears to fit together in 'the gospel'.

Anything unexplained?
'We'll find out in the afterlife'

It's all pre-programmed, the fine tuning is all that's left.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/19/2018 12:32AM by GNPE.

Date: February 19, 2018 10:15AM

GNPE Wrote:
> agree, that's the dead-on explanation of why
> everything Appears to fit together in 'the
> gospel'.
>
> Anything unexplained?
> 'We'll find out in the afterlife'
>
> It's all pre-programmed, the fine tuning is all
> that's left.

Forgot about the 'we'll find out about all that in the millenium' line. That's a big control as well to cover all bases. 'Jesus will explain everything when he gets here' as well.

Posted by: memikeyounot ( )
Date: February 19, 2018 01:00AM

I put the Internet Archives to use many times to find things that aren't anywhere else.

https://archive.org/

You have to register but I just found copies of both 1984 and Animal Farm, in audio book and epub, which can be transferred to PDF files. It's all very legal and there's different versions of both, some you have get on a wait list.

I've read them both years ago..maybe I need to do it again.

There are also audio versions but I don't use those since my old man hearing isn't good for them.

Date: February 19, 2018 09:57AM

memikeyounot Wrote:
> I put the Internet Archives to use many times to
> find things that aren't anywhere else.
>
> https://archive.org/
>
> You have to register but I just found copies of
> both 1984 and Animal Farm, in audio book and epub,
> which can be transferred to PDF files. It's all
> very legal and there's different versions of both,
> some you have get on a wait list.
>
> I've read them both years ago..maybe I need to do
> it again.
>
> There are also audio versions but I don't use
> those since my old man hearing isn't good for
> them.

Date: February 19, 2018 10:02AM

Holy sh#t 'mein kampf' was on the first page of the universal library. Always was curious about that book. Maybe mormonism is similar to the nazi gospel, who knows. Found '1984' in text but it is very hard to read on my small phone, could not find it in audio but perhaps i am not looking in the right spot.

Date: February 19, 2018 01:04PM

Unindoctrinated Wrote:
> Try this:
>
> https://archive.org/details/George-Orwell-1984-Aud
> io-book

Holy sh#t it's working you are awesome. I guess i am easily impressed with technology. Just give me some music and headphones and i am usually good. This is going to be pretty d@mn cool, never listened to a book on audio before.

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: February 19, 2018 10:38AM

It goes back to primal thought that came real danger: cavemen telling their children "If you don't behave and follow the rules, a bear is going to eat you." Combine that with primal theories about things like "what makes volcanoes?" and "What happens when we die" and made-up stories around the campfire become religious dogma.

Tithing isn't much different than throwing a goat into hot lava to appease an angry Mountain God, except that we now know how plate tectonics work and Mother Nature doesn't care about the "protection money" of sacrifices...

Date: February 19, 2018 12:51PM

Chicken N. Backpacks Wrote:
> It goes back to primal thought that came real
> danger: cavemen telling their children "If you
> don't behave and follow the rules, a bear is going
> to eat you." Combine that with primal theories
> about things like "what makes volcanoes?" and
> "What happens when we die" and made-up stories
> around the campfire become religious dogma.
>
> Tithing isn't much different than throwing a
> goat into hot lava to appease an angry Mountain
> God, except that we now know how plate tectonics
> work and Mother Nature doesn't care about the
> "protection money" of sacrifices...

Yes those unanswered questions like 'where did we come from?'and 'where are we going?' they give some bullsh#t about many wives and being a god magically like that is what men want to hear so they say it to appease their carnal desires. That whole 'you will burn if you don't pay tithing' is a PRETTY big control. But i have waited for that second coming since the year 2000, pretty sure religion just uses those bible verses for their advantage as scare tactics/(the bear will get you or the devil will get you) so stay in and be scared to leave forever and pay that money as fire insurance so jesus doesn't burn you.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: February 20, 2018 12:16AM

Mormonism is a finely tuned exploitation machine. Narcissists like my father find it impossible to resist. As much as an ass as he is, they call him high priest and "Brother." No matter how much he hurt his family, he always showed up for meetings, and he always paid. His cruel behavior was hidden behind tithing checks and a business suit. He imagines himself a God in training. Now who put that thought in his narrow head?

Date: February 20, 2018 12:48AM

donbagley Wrote:
> Mormonism is a finely tuned exploitation machine.
> Narcissists like my father find it impossible to
> resist. As much as an ass as he is, they call him
> high priest and "Brother." No matter how much he
> hurt his family, he always showed up for meetings,
> and he always paid. His cruel behavior was hidden
> behind tithing checks and a business suit. He
> imagines himself a God in training. Now who put
> that thought in his narrow head?

Yep my father was exactly the same and still is.

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: February 20, 2018 02:08AM

Adam, will you tell us a typical embarrassing put down you’ve heard from older men? We can offer up our best “one-liners” for you to respond with. A few good snappy comebacks can empower you and leave those older men speechless.

(PS: apologies for my rudeness to you. I really want you to succeed.)

Date: February 20, 2018 01:12PM

kathleen Wrote:
> Adam, will you tell us a typical embarrassing put
> down you’ve heard from older men? We can offer
> up our best “one-liners” for you to respond
> with. A few good snappy comebacks can empower you
> and leave those older men speechless.
>
> (PS: apologies for my rudeness to you. I really
> want you to succeed.)

F#ck, you are giving me flashbacks and i really don't want to go down this road, my trauma counselor has a good plan for me she says so i trust her. I am not a runt physically any more like i used to be but that runt that took a ton of sh#t from older men in the religion is still very much inside me. I have never gotten over the events of the past, i am still afraid of my father, f#ck, my neighbors are even scared of him. I am serious the wife literally runs into her house when he used to come by. I live in a duplex or a split home so i am pretty close to my neighbors. People think i have anger? It ain't nothing compared to my father, but i think older age may have calmed him down. This is why i am so used to hiding within myself and even in my house because of my father. It is literally a habit to hide in seclusion. I was watching a documentary about people that got out of cults and how hard it was because of many factors. There had always been a god-like and controlling man in the home that they thought they always had to obey and were totally lost when they would try to function in the real world. Didn't know what to eat, what to wear, how to live. Just crazy things that i have had to go through. Feeling like a betrayer and a traitor to the controlling leader. It was very enlightening to watch that documentary knowing that i was not completely nuts. Maybe a little nuts but not completely haha. But i still have to work on my pain issues before anything else, the mind is healing into something more normal, so i am not too worried about that. I do have bad pain issues that turn me into a jackass online so yeah. I don't want to be around older men if i can help it at least right now so i do steer clear in real life if i can. Most mean well i am sure but i just had a bad upbringing as a whole. For the most part i have noticed they always have some smartass remark for something. Like the clothes i wear or the food i buy. Not one older man has ever tried to build me up for real besides the boner and the bard. Even though they have never met me their influence is felt for sure. I think i just need more confidence in myself now that i am resigned and they literally have no power over me. I can put them in their place pretty easily if i ran into them in the grocery store. Their religious positions don't mean sh#t now. The only thing i wish i had was a defender when i was younger. Nobody defended me for sh#t against the adults. A thought came into my head last night that maybe i am the guy that will bring the mormon church down just by healing. It makes sense, i have never known why i was born other than to just give up to a church or a cult with weirdass rituals. I still can't get over those rituals. So much hell and suppression i went through over f#cking handshakes. I think i can put people in their place, i am definitely talking more in real life so there is some confidence coming through. All thats left is to be normal in a cult town somehow haha not an easy task. I am not too worried like i used to be, i used to be way worse than i am now. I don't consider myself a completely normal adult, i have been more like a scared kid in a man's body that just escaped a mental and physical cult compound trying to one day feel normal and like a human. I used to be so jealous of people on tv, they always seemed way more healthy than me and now i know why, they weren't born in a cult like i was.

Date: February 20, 2018 01:30PM

And yes deep down i want me to succeed as well but i have no idea what that looks like. I think success is no more pain and no more pain meds but maybe success is feeling and being normal as well. People think success is making great money or something but that has never been success to me because i feel i walked that money road in my twenties and i did not like where it ended and where i ended up. So i think success is having a healthy and free mind. Totally uncontrolled by anything except yourself. Anyways, sorry for my drama like i said i have been in pain since i started on the site trying to get each thing fixed and getting my mind functioning normally like a human mind. Pretty sure my neck surgery worked and that gives me hope because that was definitely a big one.

Date: February 20, 2018 01:22PM

Sociology is just as important.

Sometimes crowds are easier to control, 'herd mentality'

Date: February 20, 2018 03:31PM

GNPE Wrote:
> Sociology is just as important.
>
> Sometimes crowds are easier to control, 'herd
> mentality'

That's a d@mn good point as well didn't think about that. But it makes sense i was talking to a store manager about how a small crowd in a store will bring in a bigger crowd from people just looking through the window. I know i look through the window to see if anyone is playing cards before i decide to go in. There is something to that.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: February 20, 2018 01:25PM

The mormon church takes a stand or pushes a new policy and if it works for them, they intensify the effort. Anything that doesn't work as well tends to fade. This means that the church survives as with survival of the fittest. Organizations which don't adapt usually don't last long like the Shakers.

Date: February 20, 2018 01:34PM

Cheryl Wrote:
> The mormon church takes a stand or pushes a new
> policy and if it works for them, they intensify
> the effort. Anything that doesn't work as well
> tends to fade. This means that the church survives
> as with survival of the fittest. Organizations
> which don't adapt usually don't last long like the
> Shakers.

Now that makes sense to me. I think you are exactly right on that. Makes more sense than my theory of psychologists helping out their cause.

Posted by: Phazer ( )
Date: February 20, 2018 01:32PM

I would agree that over the decades conned men have been improving the heart sale process to emotionally bind you to the church and by loyal.

The church programs the youth. Continues the programming of adults. Sucks on all available resources
Televisions program you. Make you idle and a sloth

Professional sports make you care more about who plays on which team, what happened, etc, instead of making plans to develop your family, professional career, and increase earning potential to retire. Instead, you can't make enough, and die of heart / organ failure from all the stress late on in life.

I wouldn't put past some investment fund managers and accountants and small bits of leadership that probably "clean" money for the U.S Intel but of course it is all unproved.

Date: February 20, 2018 03:25PM

Phazer Wrote:
> I would agree that over the decades conned men
> have been improving the heart sale process to
> emotionally bind you to the church and by loyal.
>
> The church programs the youth. Continues the
> programming of adults. Sucks on all available
> resources
> Televisions program you. Make you idle and a
> sloth
>
> Professional sports make you care more about who
> plays on which team, what happened, etc, instead
> of making plans to develop your family,
> professional career, and increase earning
> potential to retire. Instead, you can't make
> enough, and die of heart / organ failure from all
> the stress late on in life.
>
>
> I wouldn't put past some investment fund managers
> and accountants and small bits of leadership that
> probably "clean" money for the U.S Intel but of
> course it is all unproved.

Yes, just look at the bard, he had to have quad-bypass surgery and he blames it on all the stress in the organization. He keeps saying don't let this happen to you.

Date: February 21, 2018 02:33PM

Phazer Wrote:
> I would agree that over the decades conned men
> have been improving the heart sale process to
> emotionally bind you to the church and by loyal.
>
> The church programs the youth. Continues the
> programming of adults. Sucks on all available
> resources
> Televisions program you. Make you idle and a
> sloth
>
> Professional sports make you care more about who
> the stress late on in life.
>
>
> I wouldn't put past some investment fund managers
> and accountants and small bits of leadership that
> probably "clean" money for the U.S Intel but of
> course it is all unproved.

I too believe they have continually improved the con since its inception. It definitely wasn't quite as refined back in the 1800's, but just kept adding things as they went to survive. Repetition is the key to programming the mind of a child and that is exactly what they do. Getting that sh#t out of a mind is nearly impossible it seems.

Date: February 20, 2018 01:49PM

"Professional sports make you care more about who plays on which team, what happened, etc, instead of making plans to develop your family, professional career, and increase earning potential to retire. Instead, you can't make enough, and die of heart / organ failure from all the stress late on in life."

That's a mis-characterization. Being a sports fan is nothing like that. You can be any level of fan, from watching an occasional game, to decorating your entire house in Denver Bronco's stuff and watching every game and draft move. If you don't watch the game for a few weeks, or an entire season, no one from the Broncos shows up at your doorstep trying to guilt you back. Sports can bring families friends and neighbors together for friendship, food, drink and fun. Actually, watching games with people that share your same interests is better than attending a church that you are pressured to attend. I've never seen anyone's career or family suffer because they were a pro sports fan.

Date: February 21, 2018 12:58PM

StillAnon Wrote:
> "Professional sports make you care more about who
> the stress late on in life."
>
> That's a mis-characterization. Being a sports fan
> is nothing like that. You can be any level of fan,
> from watching an occasional game, to decorating
> your entire house in Denver Bronco's stuff and
> watching every game and draft move. If you don't
> watch the game for a few weeks, or an entire
> season, no one from the Broncos shows up at your
> doorstep trying to guilt you back. Sports can
> bring families friends and neighbors together for
> friendship, food, drink and fun. Actually,
> watching games with people that share your same
> interests is better than attending a church that
> you are pressured to attend. I've never seen
> anyone's career or family suffer because they were
> a pro sports fan.

I have to agree that there are definitely different levels of a sports fan. I like watching a good competitive game now and then but i am nothing like the guys that know all the stats of each player or the guys that put make-up on their faces.

Date: February 21, 2018 01:38PM

a) Law students are trained in how the minds of jurors & judges work ('function').

b) The legalisms of how tscc presents to members & others gets constant attention. Ex: Wrinkey's remarks at the site of the MMM many years ago: textbook mumbo-jumbo.

Those things aren't coincidence!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/21/2018 01:39PM by GNPE.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.