Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: February 23, 2018 01:53PM

You get enriched by 10 percent but you often have to endure terrible family and friends relations to keep getting those monthly payments guilt-free.

And like winning the lottery, moving away from all those who know you is often the best move to make in leaving Mormonism.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/23/2018 01:54PM by Elder Berry.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: exminion ( )
Date: February 23, 2018 05:59PM

LOL! So true!

And when you tell everyone you won the lottery, they think you are lying, and that you stole the money.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: February 23, 2018 06:04PM

Oh, how true and obvious. My family thinks I'm lying.

Posted by: cl2notloggedin ( )
Date: February 23, 2018 10:52PM

Most of my family is out. I'm still close to most of them. My parents were good about it, too.

When I got my inheritance, no tithing!!! The rest of us have been trying to figure out why our 2 disabled brothers got several thousand less in their trusts than those of us who are no longer mormon thought they were getting. Seven years after our farm sold, I finally figured it out. My so so TBM sister paid tithing on their money. I JUST KNOW SHE DID! Because it is what "mom and dad would want"--sure they would.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: February 23, 2018 11:07PM

That seems so dishonest to me she would take what was rightfully theirs, and spend it before they received their funds.

I mean, how could she do that in good conscience when it wasn't her money to begin with?

Strange priorities. You'd think your parents wishes were it reached their children where they earmarked it.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: February 23, 2018 11:04PM

Considering the odds of being born, that seems like winning the lottery to me, more than a little.

A billion to one odds your dad's sperm joined with your mama's egg, to create you!

Posted by: Nancy Rigdon ( )
Date: February 24, 2018 11:42AM

I’ve always said I won the lottery of life: born a female in this day and time in the USA, have a career that I love, married to the best husband ever, but I never thought of escaping the grips of Mormonism in that way.

You are so right, Elder Berry. Whenever I think of what life would be like if I were still under the Mormon spell, I get this sinking feeling. But, I won. I discovered the real truth and life has never been better!

Posted by: JMP ( )
Date: February 24, 2018 12:03PM

I've found that the amount of money we now spend on alcohol has consumed the majority of the 10% we save on tithing. No comparison, though, between the alcohol buzz we get versus the spiritual buzz we thought we were getting from paying tithing.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.