Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Josephina ( )
Date: February 24, 2018 10:47PM

I used to, for a while. The one person there that I used to admire was Meg Stout. She was super, super smart! She used to do deep researches and come up with the cleverest of ideas that enabled people to keep believing in the church. I remember, though, that Fair Mormon tended to shove her and her ideas off. I think that they were jealous of her, because her research, ideas, and writings were more intelligent than theirs.

I don't go back there to check up on things because I want to leave it all in the past. It's possible that's Meg's cleverness (and true-believingness) could ensnare me into trying to believe again. Her mother's side is not only ancestrally Mormon, they are one of the highest prestige families, with members serving in high positions. She has a vested interest in continuing to believe.

The Millennial Star did do me one great favor. They taught me to not trust Rod Meldrum and Wayne May. Back then, I was starting to fall for Meldrum's BoM Geography in the U.S. theory. His evidence turned out to be no evidence, just his own twistings. He claims to have found evidence of Hebrew DNA in some U.S. tribes, and I know from listening to the actual scientists that that isn't true.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: February 25, 2018 09:13AM

just like everything about mormonism

Posted by: Britboy ( )
Date: February 25, 2018 11:46AM

It stopped before I joined the church but the branch library kept copies. It enabled a much more British Mormon view of things and most British members really missed it as the Ensign was so American!

Posted by: Josephina ( )
Date: February 25, 2018 06:16PM

There is an online version that's still around. I just checked to make sure it's still there.

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: February 25, 2018 06:38PM

I read the publication. Not the blog.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.