Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: March 01, 2018 09:51PM

What would happen if the Morg went transparent (on finances, then others)?

and, Who would benefit, who wouldn't?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: March 01, 2018 10:48PM

Mormons would have to be forced to become transparent and so it would be seen as religious harassment, persecution, and an insult to God. So my family would double down on their faith and prove they would endure to the end no matter what.

On the other hand many would finally see the church for what it is---- a business selling Afterlife Insurance Policies. Those who believe in an afterlife may continue paying their premiums just in case. I would say at least a third would buy a vacation home instead.

Would wound the church but not fatally. Comes out everyday how much many of the various denomination leaders make---millions of dollars to stuff in their home safes. Has no effect. What is the point of being part of a flock if you don't get fleeced? Isn't that the whole point?

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: March 02, 2018 10:03AM

"Faithful" mormons would brag about what great stewards of the Lord's money their leaders had been.

And continue paying their 10%.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: March 02, 2018 07:20PM

If it were revealed how much money the church has placed into short and long term investments, and the results of those investments, I think it would show no better rate of return than what passes for average in that field.

There's a current story about what a terrible job the custodians of Harvard's investment money have done over the years, with the emphasis being on how anyone or thing associated with the school is assumed to be.

Imagine the pressure on an investment group, doted with ghawd's very own priesthood, using ghawd's very own tithing money, and with a supposed direct connection with ghawd, his royal highness, to produce a return on their investments in line with their supposed gifts.

No way to know, so I'll go ahead and assume that the chuckleheads the church employs do no better than average. Which is an indictment of the church! So forget about ever seeing these figures.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.