Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: March 01, 2018 09:56AM

For some reason that headline made me laugh.
============================================

"A Chinese condom company is considering manufacturing different sized condoms after an African health minister complained that China's products were “too small” for Zimbabwean men.

During an HIV/AIDS prevention event in Harare last week, David Parirenyatwa, Zimbabwe’s Minister of Health, said that a popular condom among youth is imported from China, but men often complain about the products being too small, according to local news.

“The southern African region has the highest incidence of HIV and we are promoting the use of condoms,” Parienyatwa said. “Youths now have a particular condom that they like, but we don’t manufacture them. We import condoms from China and some men complain they are too small.”

http://www.newsweek.com/condoms-made-china-are-too-small-african-minister-complains-825716

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/01/2018 10:10AM by Dave the Atheist.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Shummy ( )
Date: March 01, 2018 11:50AM

Count on Newsweek for breaking news. Or should I say bursting?

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: March 01, 2018 12:15PM

Racial prophylacticaling.

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: March 01, 2018 12:53PM

To be fair, "...some men say..."

For some reason the first thing I thought of was shopping at the 99 cent store one night and seeing a box of condoms.

I thought "How good could those really be?"

Posted by: tumwater ( )
Date: March 01, 2018 12:54PM

Hmmmm.....

Who hasn't made a water balloon out of a condom.

If 16-18" circumference and 14-16" length too small, the south Africans must really put King Kong to shame.

Posted by: Visitors Welcome ( )
Date: March 01, 2018 01:35PM

tumwater Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hmmmm.....
>
> Who hasn't made a water balloon out of a condom.
>
>
> If 16-18" circumference and 14-16" length too
> small, the south Africans must really put King
> Kong to shame.

Indeed. Condoms can be too big for some, but never too small.

Posted by: Old Name Levi ( )
Date: March 02, 2018 02:47AM

Girth-wise, condoms absolutely can be too small.

Posted by: anon 4 this joke ( )
Date: March 01, 2018 01:42PM

"Barbaric," said Attila the Hung.

Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: March 01, 2018 01:46PM

anon 4 this joke Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> "Barbaric," said Attila the Hung.

This is a good joke...I am smiling.

:)

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: March 01, 2018 05:41PM

Same Problem.
No, it's not funny.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: March 01, 2018 05:49PM

Um...being a US male of pretty much average sized everything, and having spent time while single in both China and Japan...

Yeah, Chinese condoms are too small.

Really.

Japanese ones, too.

:)

p.s. I lived in Tokyo for a year. I'd already visited there a couple of times. Knowing what I knew, I brought along a supply of good-old-made-in-America protection.

Had my bags opened at customs. Customs inspector found the generously-sized box. Smiled at me and gave me a big thumbs-up. Hehe.

Posted by: ziller ( )
Date: March 01, 2018 09:53PM

ziller can confirm this trhed ~

Chinese condoms make great water balloons ~

in b 4 ~ 'merican condoms = kinda better ~

in b 4 ~ african condoms = just right ~~~

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: March 02, 2018 07:06AM

Posted by: rubi123 ( )
Date: March 02, 2018 03:53PM

I was once on a cruise with my coworkers. One night, the entertainment was a comedian who said that Asian men were "hung like grasshoppers." I noticed that one lady and her Asian husband did not smile. How awkward for everyone!

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: March 02, 2018 11:45PM

Condoms are too small for the'm-all. I don't always condone them. He should try using them in China (not on his china).

Use your imagination (unless that is too small too) - then it fits... over your head (?).

No, that's not where it goes. Use your [other] head. Now how does it fit (your imagination)?

M@t

Posted by: Free Man ( )
Date: March 03, 2018 01:52AM

We do realize that acknowledging any differences between races is racism and bigotry, right?

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: March 03, 2018 03:23AM

Not if they are valid, documented differences.

Example:

The Washington State Patrol used to have a minimum height for troopers to be employed; Hispanic people complained saying it was discrimintory

Some fire fighter employers have 'strict' requirements for strength, endurance; are those 'racist, bigoted'?
I guess not if you're unconscious in a burning building, need to be carried out...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/03/2018 03:28AM by GNPE.

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: March 03, 2018 04:09AM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/03/2018 09:58AM by moremany.

Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: March 03, 2018 04:49AM

In Africa as a whole:

Condoms are expensive.

Condoms are not [usually] used by most men.

In many countries, HIV-AIDS transmission is a gigantic problem (with the prostitute/truck stop/highway situation, plus rape, being two of the main, primary, causes of this transmission).

It is very difficult to attempt to change most African cultures so that condom use is more frequent, especially without the additional complication of having the condoms themselves being rejected because they are uncomfortable, or are prone to tearing.

Females who have undergone FGM (Female Genital Mutilation), which includes (in the relevant cultures and countries) a preponderance of wives (very possibly plural wives) are often in EXTREME pain during intercourse (whether their vaginal lips were sewn shut or not---either way, the pain is often there throughout intercourse and for hours or days afterwards) often are willing to take the chance of getting HIV-AIDS if they do NOT have to go through the even MORE searing pain of having intercourse with the additional friction of a condom added. (Needless to say: lube, even if it were to be available somehow, is WAY beyond the monetary resources of most African women who have undergone FGM.)

Most African men do not want to use condoms anyway (they are often using condoms SOLELY because they have learned that using them cuts down on HIV-AIDS transmission and so, at least intermittently, they're willing to go the extra mile to avoid this if they can), but if the condoms are uncomfortable for them to wear during intercourse, and if their wives (or temporary companions at truck stops or wherever) are vocally "screaming" in pain (no matter HOW hard they try to be quiet), it all just becomes too much to bother with.

Which means: another generation of kids for sure with an almost unbelievable rate of HIV-AIDS...more deaths for those kids' biological parents...and more orphan "heads of the family" at the age of five, or six, or ten, or twelve.

Condoms which are comfortable for most of the African men who wear them are important. Although comfortable condoms do not affect the OTHER problems (FGM-caused intercourse pain, etc.), wearing them during intercourse does reduce at least SOME of the HIV-AIDS transmission, and this is way better than the alternative.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/03/2018 04:54AM by Tevai.

Posted by: Shummy ( )
Date: March 03, 2018 08:59AM

The world needs to hear more about the evil of FGM Tevai.

Wanton slashing of a woman's pearl of great price.

Kudos m'lady for all you do.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.